Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Aztec Pyramid - New iOS Quest

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Primodakine
Username
Primodakine
Ok I'm done with the UFO quest now to focus on this... I have 2 Machu Pichu maps and 1 Quetzalcoatl map. After reading everything it seems like a good strategy might be to stockpile some fuel before popping the maps? I'm down to fumes in my storage! Anyone finish this yet?

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Ok I'm done with the UFO quest now to focus on this... I have 2 Machu Pichu maps and 1 Quetzalcoatl map. After reading everything it seems like a good strategy might be to stockpile some fuel before popping the maps? I'm down to fumes in my storage! Anyone finish this yet?
See a previous post where I estimate how much fuel you need to earn one Map and half of the next Map.
Cheers,
Tom

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
I also found the drops to be good, getting the Astrophysicist set makes life very easy as you are not constrained by wasting time and fuel landing visitors or having to visit neighbours to get a low drop rate from their UFOs to get flight items.
Getting the items for the challenge/quest is not hard. But as other Tom said don't collect the 'Some like it hot' collection till you finish. I finished last night and had left all my 'Some like it hot' collections un-collected so if i did click accidentally i wouldn't finish the challenge. Ended up with 8 'Some like it hot' Plasma Blasters, 10 Above and Beyond fighters, 10 flying saucers from the UFO collection and 7 stargate (only have room for 1 crop circle so not worried.

As it mentions else where when you complete the quest you are unable to get more flight items to star all the flights.

Tom

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Primodakine
Username
Primodakine
Ok so I agree, 640 fuel will get the turboprops out and back 2x's... If you have time to watch the game, you can get out another few flights as you restore fuel...

The jets will need 28 to launch and 48 to complete so 28x8=224 and 48x8=384... If you want to send out all 8 jets again you will need another 224 units so that's (224 x 2)+384 = 834 fuel units.

If you want to go for the chest of three maps you will need to fly 90 flights total so with the free map at 10 and 30 you will still have 60 more flights to go. I suggest going for the chest on Tollan or Machu Pichu as the turboprops won't burn as much fuel as the jets.

However...

I got 9 Bas Relief items from the first 30 flights to Machu Pichu so (unless you need the crate), there's no reason to go for the 90 flights to win this quest. The drop rates are good.

I bought the rest of the maps earlier from Dukes store so I should have my first pyramid soon hopefully as I work on the other cities. You just need one map of each city to begin, then you can get two more for a total of three maps for each city,... which with a little fuel stockpiled it isn't going to be that hard to finish without failing!

One gotcha (I almost failed) was I didn't have enough passengers to match the fuel I had stockpiled so be careful of that... Might want to max build some extra homes before you drop greenies for maps and fuel.

Hope this helps!

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
greensmith, primodakine, You guys seem to have had my luck, as a test I sent out 10 flights to get my next map and got 3 Bas Relief. Yesterday i spent 6 hours with 4 turboprops collecting fuel every 3 mins, what a marathon. Finally got to another 20 flights (30 now in total) got the next map and ONE more Bas Relief. Not sure it was worth all the time and fuel. I now have 3 maps left and 60 fights for the next star. 3 more marathons and lots of fuel, but i wont be beaten. Just need to stock up on fuel and if i get 2 more Bas Relief the star can go neil ellor Captain tneil

S

Sorumbas

primodakine it is possible to fly 14 times using 8 turboprops with one map without using any of extra fuel.
Neil ellor don´t worry to much about Machu Pichu, since u can always buy a map for coins on the Duke Airship. (at least on Android version)

Good Luck to all. ;)

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
The issue regarding whether to go for 3 stars is that you need to in order to get a free Mesoamerica Map Chest as that it the only way to get maps for 2 of the 5 destinations.
Also note as the maps are random from the chest that have been a few Android players who have not received a map for 1 of the destinations so they need to buy a chest from Duke Crocker in the hope they will get one.
My recommendation is that you buy the 3 maps for coins from the Airship Store, do not use you fuel stocks or Weathervane for these destinations. Keep them for the final 2 destinations.
Also I would like to point out that there is another challenge like this for Android players, Ancient European cities that will reward you with Stonehenge.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Primodakine
Username
Primodakine
The drops on Tollan and Chichen Itza sucked!!! I still got my pyramid but had to clean out Duke's store of all his maps and fuel supply with my greenies. What a major pain in the arse!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 163

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
The drops on Tollan and Chichen Itza sucked!!! I still got my pyramid but had to clean out Duke's store of all his maps and fuel supply with my greenies. What a major pain in the arse!
Congrats on your Aztec Pyramid!
If you thought this quest was tough, try the new Stonehenge quest. I started a thread for it here: https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/stonehenge-new-ios-quest.3199/
Five new destinations with six-hour maps. The fuel requirements are the same but the planes are bigger (Deltas and Powerful Deltas so far) and require even more passengers. I'm only on the third destination now; will hit the final two over the next few days after I build up my fuel and passenger reserves.
Cheers,
Tom

Mrstepot

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Beckyp
Ugh! I finally earned my first Mesoamerica Map Chest after flying to Machu Pichu 90 times, and guess what I got in the chest?? Three maps to Machu Pichu!! I hope the rest of you have better luck than I am! Sometimes this game makes me crazy, but I love it! :giggle:

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Vind airport
I seem to have completely misunderstood this quest. I have used my maps, including the ones bought from the duke for coins, for the quest sending a few planes off to Machu Picchu and Tollan etc. without using speedups, so now I'm left with no maps, two bas-reliefs and some small-scale planes. It looks hopeless to get anywhere here :-( I think seriously about stopping to play the game. This might depend on what answers you good people can give me on the following questions:

1) Can I get maps in other ways than by waiting for the duke's next visit?
2) Do I need a fleet of either turboprops or jets alone to manage getting on in the quest? Or related: How many planes of one type are needed?
3) Is it necessary to use powerups to complete the "power"-flights to each destination?
4) Some of you talk about piling up fuel - how do you do this nowadays? In a quest long ago, it was indlede possible to pile up 50-fuels, but the 100+ of these, that I acquired have almost been used now.

S

Sorumbas

Hi Arne, the answers for ur questions :
1) There are two way to get the maps. Buying from Duke or achieving the stars in each destination. If u don´t have any map u will have to wait.

2) There is no restriction of the number of planes u will use. It is advisable that u have 9 planes of the same type(Turboprops or Jets) and use them to fly to one destination at a time.

3) It makes easier to complete the mission using the powerups. I din´t use any of them, i have just use a lot of fuel.

4) Stocking fuel is vital for this mission if u don´t want to sepend the grenies. There are two maps(Chinchen Itza and Tenochnam) that can only be obtained in a map set in the beggining.
A map set can be purchased for 3 greenies on Duke store or u receive if u get the 3rd star on any of the destinations. Map set contains 3 random maps of the 5 destinations.

I hope that it has helped u, and u don´t give up ;).

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I seem to have completely misunderstood this quest. I have used my maps, including the ones bought from the duke for coins, for the quest sending a few planes off to Machu Picchu and Tollan etc. without using speedups, so now I'm left with no maps, two bas-reliefs and some small-scale planes. It looks hopeless to get anywhere here :-( I think seriously about stopping to play the game. This might depend on what answers you good people can give me on the following questions:

1) Can I get maps in other ways than by waiting for the duke's next visit?
2) Do I need a fleet of either turboprops or jets alone to manage getting on in the quest? Or related: How many planes of one type are needed?
3) Is it necessary to use powerups to complete the "power"-flights to each destination?
4) Some of you talk about piling up fuel - how do you do this nowadays? In a quest long ago, it was indlede possible to pile up 50-fuels, but the 100+ of these, that I acquired have almost been used now.
Arne,
First of all, there's no time limit for this quest. Don't put yourself under pressure by trying to do this right away. I did it right away because I wanted to write the guide and because I like pressure. You don't have to. Take your time!
To answer your specific questions:
1) How do you get maps? You can buy one map of some locations for coin at the Airship Store. You can buy additional maps for greenies. You get a map when you earn one star by flying ten times to a destination. You get another map when you fly 20 more times and earn your second star. When you fly 60 more times and earn your third star, you get a random selection of three maps. (You can also buy a random selection of three maps at the Airport Store.) Hopefully, those random maps will be for destinations that are not available at the store; but sometimes, as Mrstepot discovered above, they are not.
2) How many planes do you need? If the destination calls for Turboprops, you need as many as possible. With a six-hour time limit, the more planes you send out the better. The goal is to get ten planes off so you can earn another map and continue the quest. I had nine Turboprops going to those destinations.
3) Is it necessary to use powerups? If you mean is it necessary to use fuel to complete a flight early so you can send that plane on another flight ... yes, it is. In my last flight for the Stonehenge quest, I used a Weathervane I had earned to speed up the flights so six-hour flights only took three hours and 53 minutes.
4) How do you pile up fuel? Right now, my newer Waverlyhuff2 game is doing this by not sending any flights out and replenishing ten units of fuel every hour at the Fuel Station; that game currently has over 1200 fuel preparing for a future flight to Tollan. My Waverly huff game has been launching rocket ships every day or so for the past six months; when the rocket lands, I always get a 150 fuel barrel. Those barrels add up. (Although my last flight for Stonehenge pretty much wiped out my stock.)
Of course GI wants us to spend cash for greenies to buy fuel and chests and bonuses. This is how they make money. I really like this game so I have no problem spending a little cash; but I only buy during their three-for-one sales. If you don't want to spend cash to speed things up then you have to have patience. It can be done.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Vind airport
Arne,
First of all, there's no time limit for this quest. Don't put yourself under pressure by trying to do this right away. I did it right away because I wanted to write the guide and because I like pressure. You don't have to. Take your time!
[...]
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Tom

Thanks Tom (and Sorumbas).
Your input really helps. I guess the biggest challenge here is to have patience. So for now I'll simply have to wait for the duke to reappear, accept idle planes while collecting fuel and also be prepared for occasional change of the complete fleet of planes along with not necessarily having any benefits from getting stuff from neighbors.

I am willing to spend some greenies too, but so far I have mostly spent them on land - and I'm experienced enough to wait for cheap greenies and land bargains.

I guess you persuaded me into continuing my game for a while more. Happy gaming!

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Thanks Tom (and Sorumbas). I am willing to spend some greenies too, but so far I have mostly spent them on land - and I'm experienced enough to wait for cheap greenies and land bargains. I guess you persuaded me into continuing my game for a while more. Happy gaming!
Arne,
I'm glad you're continuing. You've always been a great neighbor. Cheap greenies and land bargains? I started playing AC last Summer. It took me five months to figure out the greenie and land sales were regularly-scheduled and that I should wait for them. Doh! I learned a valuable lesson in patience right there.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
@Arne and greensmith do not forget the other way of accumalting fuel without paying for it is via neighbour visits and tapping their Hangers. Also if your neighbour visits you and taps your hangers you get +1 Fuel for each hanger as well.
I have been sharing my love around to those neighbours with Fuel in theor name and Waverlyhuff2 as well.
With Reputation 9 I can get 60 extra fuel per day.

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
greensmith, primodakine, You guys seem to have had my luck, as a test I sent out 10 flights to get my next map and got 3 Bas Relief. Yesterday i spent 6 hours with 4 turboprops collecting fuel every 3 mins, what a marathon. Finally got to another 20 flights (30 now in total) got the next map and ONE more Bas Relief. Not sure it was worth all the time and fuel. I now have 3 maps left and 60 fights for the next star. 3 more marathons and lots of fuel, but i wont be beaten. Just need to stock up on fuel and if i get 2 more Bas Relief the star can go neil ellor Captain tneil

Up date @greensmith, Finally completed 90 flights, one more star and 13 Bas Relief on to the next challenge neil ellor Captain tneil

Top Bottom