Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android 4.7.27 update

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
This update is GARBAGE!!!!! What where they thinking at GI? It took 3 minutes longer to launch my 12 planes than before. You can not even open up 5 properties for passengers without a 5 second lag time. To scroll down in the Falcon planes it would lock up for 5 seconds 3 times. It's pure junk!!!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Many of the problems that people are reporting with this update, I have already been experiencing. My game freezes for a few seconds, every ten minutes or so. The freezing gets more frequent the longer that I play, until it gets to the point where I have to close AC and start it up again to get good response. When accepting gifts I have to tap the 'take' button and wait a few seconds before the game responds. I am going to hold off on updating the game until there is another fix, unless the update prevents me from collecting stuff from neighbours. I still need to be able to do that.

Thank you Chad Fuel 20 and MartinM for helping me with the green launch. This is another reason to hold off on the update for at least a day. I do not want to impact my spaceship launch. In the meantime, I will consider updating one of my secondary games and see what difference there might be after the update, if any.

Thank you everyone for the information regarding your experiences with the update.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Despite all of the problems with this Android update, are there any new missions/quests, planes or buildings??? Or is this just another technical update?
The only thing I noticed was the refinery offers 20 fuel, but takes 1 day to get that. Honestly there is so much lag I am not even going to bother looking. However no new planes. Just to move from one side of the airport to the other side it locked up 3 times. Took about 15 seconds. Normally maybe a second or 2.

Chad Ladwig

700+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04exh7c14
Username
Chad
Many of the problems that people are reporting with this update, I have already been experiencing. My game freezes for a few seconds, every ten minutes or so. The freezing gets more frequent the longer that I play, until it gets to the point where I have to close AC and start it up again to get good response. When accepting gifts I have to tap the 'take' button and wait a few seconds before the game responds. I am going to hold off on updating the game until there is another fix, unless the update prevents me from collecting stuff from neighbours. I still need to be able to do that.

Thank you Chad Fuel 20 and MartinM for helping me with the green launch. This is another reason to hold off on the update for at least a day. I do not want to impact my spaceship launch. In the meantime, I will consider updating one of my secondary games and see what difference there might be after the update, if any.

Thank you everyone for the information regarding your experiences with the update.
It was weird it put me on the Green Launch. Have not done a green launch in years.

zenmie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
4M4zz2
Username
zen_(items I need)
@LAX the only thing I noticed is the giftingsystem is back as it was before. So gifts are not gone once accepted, gifts received are again in order of receiving and not in more in alfabetic order. So that is a good thing. Giftlist stays the same.
But the game is slow very slow :whistle:. (I thought it was my tablet but after reading the reactions ..... ). So I gave it up to find out what other things they changed

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a3evr0p
Username
Cowboy Roper
Hi Chad.

I just checked my game, and the refinery offers 20 fuel for 1 day, and I have not updated yet. Well I have just updated one of my secondary games and here are the results.

On my Samsung tablet the game is working as good as before. I have not noticed any problems. I did notice that the layout of Madlen Airbon's city has been changed. I am able to access neighbours whose games have not yet been updated to the new level. The option to play videos and get free items for buildings seems to be working again. For a while I could not play the videos. I am at level 25 in this game and have a level 4 town hall and level 4 terminal. I noticed that for level 5 the town hall has an increase of+700 for population and the terminal has an increase of +520 for passengers. I think these limits have been increased, but I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm this? The 'granny sized' information windows are still there, by the way.

Being either brave or foolish (take your pick) I updated my main game. Here are the results.
The first time I launched it, I got a message that it was not responding. The second time I launched it, the game started up okay but was not very responsive, so I rebooted. Now I have started it up again and have noticed something odd. My population size and limit were 2070/2070 and now they are 2090/2070. I guess AC tech must have deleted or removed the 20+ population increase bonus for one of my buildings. Darn it. My spaceship launch is still there, thank goodness. There are more frequent game freezes, but since I am used to them it does not annoy me anymore. Sort of like the extra large information windows. After a while you get used to them. Yes the game freezes when I scroll around the city and that is very annoying. They did not 'fix' much of anything with this latest update. The nearly constant game freezes make the game nearly unplayable. It seems to me that they do not do much 'testing' of these fixes before they release them. I will let GI support know about this in an email. I doubt it will have any effect though.

The radar sweeps do not complete even one full revolution before the game freezes for a second or two. This is ridiculous. How do they expect ANYONE to be able to play AC with this type of performance? Or is it that we all have to update to the latest and greatest tablet to play the game now? GI really screwed up a heck of a lot of people with this update. I suspect that many long time game players, like myself, are not going to be very happy with this update. I have not seen one positive comment in Google Play, about the September 14 update. Sometimes I wonder why I continue to play this game.

The only thing I noticed was the refinery offers 20 fuel, but takes 1 day to get that. Honestly there is so much lag I am not even going to bother looking. However no new planes. Just to move from one side of the airport to the other side it locked up 3 times. Took about 15 seconds. Normally maybe a second or 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom