Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Airport City buildings in real life

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Next one - the hotel. I thought it would be easy but I'm struggling

hotel.png

@Jenn B there are castle-like structures in Quebec city - anything there resemble something in the game? image is from fb group

15732419_1591027307591150_4754626577475605434_o.jpg
Nope. Not that I see. 😞

I have looked at over a thousand castle images, both real and fictional. Still striking out on the rest that you posted. House of Wax is truly driving me batty 🥴.

The shopping mall is the one driving me nuts. Now looking at old department store buildings like Harrods and Gimbles
Why don't we switch obsessions. I'll look for the shopping mall, and you look for House of Wax. Let me know when you reach the point that you want to punch google every time you see Pidhirtsi Castle for the thousandth time and get excited for a brief second :)

@Chloe11111 Seriously... Are we sure they didn't just merge all the old Hudson's Bay stores and throw in a more interesting roofline? In order, the one in Calgary has the wee little arch and the corner "spires" on the roof from street view; The one in Toronto has the correct storefront and arched window over the door; The old storefront in Toronto has the awnings; and the one in NYC has the arched window and horizontal divider on the front glass doors. Do you know of any more Hudson's Bay classic buildings? Because they all have similar architecture that match the Shopping Mall, just with different details.

1623513238297.png
1623513280337.png
1623513387971.png
1623513544451.png
1623513761738.png

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Chloe11111 Seriously... Are we sure they didn't just merge all the old Hudson's Bay stores and throw in a more interesting roofline? In order, the one in Calgary has the wee little arch and the corner "spires" on the roof from street view; The one in Toronto has the correct storefront and arched window over the door; The old storefront in Toronto has the awnings; and the one in NYC has the arched window and horizontal divider on the front glass doors. Do you know of any more Hudson's Bay classic buildings? Because they all have similar architecture that match the Shopping Mall, just with different details.

View attachment 54397View attachment 54398View attachment 54399View attachment 54400View attachment 54402

There is a classic hudson bay store in every city in Canada. The one in Winnipeg has the railings on the roof

HBC-Winnipeg-1927-1.jpeg.webp

Notes for me to check
- Black Queen's Castle may be Château Miranda in Celles, Belgium may be cochem castle in germany
- Hotel is U.S. Grant Hotel in San Diego
I thought of those for the Black Queen's Castle. However, the Chateau Miranda does not have the right roof for the tower (not elongated), and no match to outer buildings/gate. The Cochem Castle has the elongated roofline for the tower, plus the spires, but nothing else matches. I keep thinking that it looks like a fictional castle... but continue to search in real life and fiction.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
The building is not in use any more but it still counts. Airline alliance hq is United Aircraft Corporation HQ (contest entry I guess). Didn't get built. I can't add it to the wiki because the image for the hq is changed. I can't even add it to the map because it's not built. But at least I can show it off here.

reserve_jukovsky_full.jpg
1623608253664.png

Last edited:
@Jenn B have you looked at the castles of Vinpearl Resort in Nha Trang?
Yes. The 4 turrets on the tower and the clock of the main castle are really the only things that match Castle Rock. I keep thinking that it is fictional/Disney-esque (or built by a billionaire who wanted a castle) because the whole building is architecturally a hot mess. Who the heck puts 4 turrets on a tower that would obstruct the view from the tower windows? Looking closely, some of the towers appear to have fleur de lis, so maybe France? Disneyland Paris was a swing-and-a-miss.

Top Bottom