Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash Strategy

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bmvk3qb
Username
craigodile
Given it seems you can only collect from the volcano once per hour I’m focusing my planes on the Cold War collection as it’s needed to finish the event, whereas Volcanologist Equipment only gets you the Institute of Volcanology from which you get jackhammers, which you get from free videos anyway.

Do others agree?

Nit Nit

Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
27edojj7w
Username
Nit
1. You can use free videos for the trees instead if you have jack hammers.
2. Flying to event destinations gives you stars.
3. The black building looks cool.

I've got one institute of volcanology to sustain Jack hammer requirements. Now I'm planning to split my fleet - half on cold War collection and half on institute of volcanology.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Is 1 institute of volcanology enough to complete the event or would it be wise to get more before switching to the cold war flights?

I would suggest to get 1 more at least.

Because last year was also my first time doing this Age of Ash event, and I completed the event with only 2 Institute of Volcanology.

But I also tap them quite a lot. At the very least once every hour. By the end of the event, I have 100 Jackhammers. I couldn’t use all of them for the volcanoes.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bmvk3qb
Username
craigodile
I am finding that one Institute of Volcanology, along with the free videos, is enough to tap the volcano every hour.

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
I am finding that one Institute of Volcanology, along with the free videos, is enough to tap the volcano every hour.
I have resorted to this and not overly stressed about completing that part of the event. Still sending one token plan to the Mount destinations to try and convert the 42 items collected so far into at least a second Institute but everything else is now on the Cold War collection.

First time through this event so I was starting from scratch. Level 50, 9 planes available.

My strategy was to target the Mount destinations until I had enough for one Institute of Volcanology. I was using nearly all my neighbor clicks on burned trees for the first few days, then using the chainsaws to work on the Gates of Hell collection, using my ads for jackhammers. I had heard that the fuel costs for Mount destinations goes up over time so I wanted to try to get those out of the way as quickly as possible.

I flew enough Mount destinations to 3* Fuji and 2* Elbrus (I have more Hawks than Owls/Labs), and got one Institute of Volcanology. With ads for jackhammers and IoV taps, I have already managed enough rocks to complete the Minerals collection.

I've got enough for three collections each on Gates of Hell and They're Not Rocks, They're Minerals but I've only collected one of each to complete the side mission requirements so far. Also have collected one Cold War to finish the side missions.

I'm currently running Cold War destinations with Spy Glass and the occasional fuel speed-up on my Hawks to try to finish Cold War. I'm at 1/3 so far and need at least 7 more drops (probably more like 10-15 to get the 7 that I lack) to complete Cold War. Once I finish the Cold War I'll probably turn to 3*'ing a couple more Mount destinations, or use some Excavation/Adventure maps with Spy Glass to work on my next Pyramid or my first Coliseum.

It's a long event (11 days remaining), but I need to finish in the next 3 because I have a vacation coming with limited connectivity.

I learned from this forum to hold off collecting until you can complete the event; so I've been sitting on GoH and TNRTM collections until I can finish CW, other than collecting one each for the side missions.

Been flying nothing but Volcano routes (with a compass) and getting very few drops, that said....all I need is the Visor. Any recommendations?
Compass or Spy Glass?

Compass is related to Tourists, won't be much help in the event. It's helicopter related.

Spy Glass is what you want - 9 hours long, increases drops from planes by 150%. Costs 500 event currency, easy enough to rack up after a day of running event destinations and tapping event items (burnt trees, mushrooms, etc.).

If you're already running Spy Glass, I'd recommend flight volume. If you have fuel available, run that destination as many times as you're comfortable doing. Cost of fuel to the Mount destinations seems to be inching up daily or every other day.

Top Bottom