Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Age of Ash Discussion 2021

IMonge

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047nb3vbb
Username
IMonge
If possible, can everyone please tell about their drop rate for the "Cold War" collection?
Just to get an idea if it's worth using bonuses and speeding up flights.

Mine uptil now:
No drop rate bonuses (only first class)
51 flights to Bali Island.
2 drops

4%

If possible, can everyone please tell about their drop rate for the "Cold War" collection?
Just to get an idea if it's worth using bonuses and speeding up flights.

Mine uptil now:
No drop rate bonuses (only first class)
51 flights to Bali Island.
2 drops

4%
I don't have exact numbers, but I finished the collection from last year today. It was finished about 35 procent last year. 70 flight to Bali Island. Bonuses - SG, DC + GD.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Can anyone tell me how the fuel per flight goes up here? Is there any pattern? First time doing this so have no idea.

And @IMonge drop rate is around 7% for me w/o bonuses, got a bunch of extra fuel can though, lol.
I can't remember exactly but something like this - applies only to the event specific flights. Not the standard destinations with drops for the ranger. So you should save the ranger task until later in the event
- after 1/4 of the event, the fuel goes up by 1/4
- after 1/2 the event, the fuel goes up by 1/2
- after 3/4 of the event, the fuel doubles

Someone else may be able to be more precise. @Pit1024 ?

I can't remember exactly but something like this - applies only to the event specific flights. Not the standard destinations with drops for the ranger. So you should save the ranger task until later in the event
- after 1/4 of the event, the fuel goes up by 1/4
- after 1/2 the event, the fuel goes up by 1/2
- after 3/4 of the event, the fuel doubles

Someone else may be able to be more precise. @Pit1024 ?
Perhaps the wiki should be updated to include such details specific to this event?

TimP

700+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Is it just me or does it seem like G! is trying to slow down the event progress? You can only save up 100 Landing Lamps and Particulate Filters. Speeding up flights only has limited use. Maybe it is an attempt to keep players logged in more hours in a day or much more frequently. This is the 2nd event in a row requiring flight items. I hope this isn't the "new way". It is already insufferable that the most efficient flights for currency are the smaller planes. Now it is requiring double flights for needed flight items, not to mention the massive fuel usage. Obviously G! would like to create an environment which encourages purchases. But with each event it is becoming more complicated to determine the most efficient strategy. Or decide if it is worth the resources to accomplish.
That event flights don't need flight items is more the exception then the normal - only very few you don't need them. And I don't think that has changed from when the events where introduced, so nothing new here.
And Age of Ash is I believe historically one of the most difficult to complete, also thanks to the more fuel you will need soon.

That event flights don't need flight items is more the exception then the normal - only very few you don't need them. And I don't think that has changed from when the events where introduced, so nothing new here.
And the gap between events could be used to restock Landing Lamps or other easy to obtain flight items necessary for upcoming. 🤔 💡

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
And Age of Ash is I believe historically one of the most difficult to complete, also thanks to the more fuel you will need soon. And the gap between events could be used to restock Landing Lamps or other easy to obtain flight items necessary for upcoming. 🤔 💡

And the gap between events could be used to restock Landing Lamps or other easy to obtain flight items necessary for upcoming. 🤔 💡

Thank you. That helps. It looks like I might have been having an easy time of it this year then. I was able to get LLs before the event, so that did help.

Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Thèse last 2 events have always needed flight items for the standard flights. No change. The change is forcing you to do flights for Cold War collection - standard flights. Guess I won’t be finishing then. Don’t want that livery so see no point wasting items hunting for them.
That's not changed ... at least from last year. I checked this page this year ... no changes needed. https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/cold_war/

I don't know about previous years. Wasn't playing then

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
This is one of the hardest events. I wouldn't worry if you don't finish the first year.
Yeah. well, I guess I had the silly notion that if I simply put more effort into it (any event) that I could finish it. Which I have for many of them and the others I am set up well for next year. The truth is without the forum guides, discussions and access to neighbors I doubt very seriously I could have complete but a couple. I'll try not to be so heart broken when I don't complete them. But that won't stop me from giving it a good go. Besides if I (or anyone) wants it bad enough, purchase the building at the beginning of the event and use multiple bonuses with all the fuel and pax available could probably get it done for most of them.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Yeah. well, I guess I had the silly notion that if I simply put more effort into it (any event) that I could finish it. Which I have for many of them and the others I am set up well for next year. The truth is without the forum guides, discussions and access to neighbors I doubt very seriously I could have complete but a couple. I'll try not to be so heart broken when I don't complete them. But that won't stop me from giving it a good go. Besides if I (or anyone) wants it bad enough, purchase the building at the beginning of the event and use multiple bonuses with all the fuel and pax available could probably get it done for most of them.
I completed the first year. No purchase necessary. You just need to be prepared to spend lots of dice/golden dice/spyglass/sky captain to get the drops. These drops don't come easily.

Top Bottom