Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Adding my home country to the game

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04wdrrrzo
Username
Markuee
I like this game so much because back when I was young, I dreamt to be a pilot. It will be so much fun if the developers add my home country to this game. My country is named the Philippines and the photo below shows where it lies.
Philippines.jpg

I like this game so much because back when I was young, I dreamt to be a pilot. It will be so much fun if the developers add my home country to this game. My country is named the Philippines and the photo below shows where it lies.
See post #389 in prior thread:
Post in thread '7.0 Update Preview'

Looks to explain why missing.

Last edited:
It might be an interesting thing to add something like Manilla, Philippines. One association I have with Manilla is "Manilla Hemp" or abaca. That actually isn't hemp at all but related to the Banana. The leaves are used for their extremely strong fibers that are resistant to sea water.

Another interesting thing about Manilla is that it was in the area where indigo was farmed.

This is all normal. I was excited at the sight of Shanghai, which has been beautiful for more than 100 years ........
One thing I criticize the game for is that in the US, we often (or at least I do) refer to some destinations by not only the City Name but by the State name. You have two cities in the US named "Charleston". You have a "Charleston, West Virginia" and a "Charleston, (South Carolina". If your head isn't spinning yet, we have a "Kansas City, Kansas" and a "Kansas City, Missouri" (they are only separated from each other by the Missouri River. We even have a "Memphis, Tennessee" that in real-life is the hub for Fedex. as well as a "Frankfort, Kentucky". There is also an "Athens Georgia"

Speaking of US destinations, there was talk on Facebook about a new Space Misssion. I had made a suggestion that there could be an associated destination. I suggested "Truth or Consequences, New Mexico" (see: "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_or_Consequences,_New_Mexico ). The town was renamed "Truth or Consequences" after a radio show and the name stuck. That is actually home to a real life Spaceport (see: https://www.spaceportamerica.com/visit/ ).

Last edited:
One thing I criticize the game for is that in the US, we often (or at least I do) refer to some destinations by not only the City Name but by the State name. You have two cities in the US named "Charleston". You have a "Charleston, West Virginia" and a "Charleston, (South Carolina". If your head isn't spinning yet, we have a "Kansas City, Kansas" and a "Kansas City, Missouri" (they are only separated from each other by the Missouri River. We even have a "Memphis, Tennessee" that in real-life is the hub for Fedex. as well as a "Frankfort, Kentucky". There is also an "Athens Georgia"

Speaking of US destinations, there was talk on Facebook about a new Space Misssion. I had made a suggestion that there could be an associated destination. I suggested "Truth or Consequences, New Mexico" (see: "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truth_or_Consequences,_New_Mexico ). The town was renamed "Truth or Consequences" after a radio show and the name stuck. That is actually home to a real life Spaceport (see: https://www.spaceportamerica.com/visit/ ).
If you need more accurate geographical location and airport or city, you can try airline Manager 2018?

This is all normal. I was excited at the sight of Shanghai, which has been beautiful for more than 100 years ........
I travelled to China and visited several cities, including Shanghai, as a teenager in 1984. When we were in Nanjing, we visited the JinLing Hotel which was the city’s first modern high rise hotel and the tallest building in the country. It also had one of the fastest elevators I had ever been in. The most remarkable memory from the top of the building was that the city sprawl went out as far as the eye could see (there was no countryside in view), but most amazingly and like most of China’s major cities, there were almost no buildings higher than a few stories! I’ve seen many photos since then and apart from major monuments and tourist sites, most of them are completely unrecognisable today!

View attachment 54630
It’s a shame that the colours on Borneo, although correct for the part owned by Malaysia, aren’t correct for the Indonesian area. I’d also like my birth country, Papua New Guinea (south east of the Philippines), to be recognised here in the game 😀.

I travelled to China and visited several cities, including Shanghai, as a teenager in 1984. When we were in Nanjing, we visited the JinLing Hotel which was the city’s first modern high rise hotel and the tallest building in the country. It also had one of the fastest elevators I had ever been in. The most remarkable memory from the top of the building was that the city sprawl went out as far as the eye could see (there was no countryside in view), but most amazingly and like most of China’s major cities, there were almost no buildings higher than a few stories! I’ve seen many photos since then and apart from major monuments and tourist sites, most of them are completely unrecognisable today!
In 1984, China did not carry out reform at that time. The great change was in 1994. Don't talk about you. Even those of us who were born in Shanghai and now go to some places that we don't usually go to, we must first look at Baidu maps, or drive by navigation.
In 1984, more than 85% of Chinese families did not have color TV sets, refrigerators, air conditioners, not to mention PCs and the Internet. Now these are ordinary consumption, including the current smart phone tablets, which are developing towards intelligent family life and remote control.
It is not wrong to like one's own country, which is the minimum feeling of citizens of every country. Of course, it is good to look around when conditions permit, because different countries and nations have different customs and are worth seeing.
Oh, I forgot to mention that there are cars. Four years ago, I bought a Wild Emperor SUV produced by Skoda. Twenty years ago or even more ago, it was unimaginable

Last edited:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It’s a shame that the colours on Borneo, although correct for the part owned by Malaysia, aren’t correct for the Indonesian area. I’d also like my birth country, Papua New Guinea (south east of the Philippines), to be recognised here in the game 😀.
Wow really? Port Moresby by chance? Maybe they could at least add it as an event destination.

In 1984, China did not carry out reform at that time. The great change was in 1994. Don't talk about you. Even those of us who were born in Shanghai and now go to some places that we don't usually go to, we must first look at Baidu maps, or drive by navigation.
In 1984, more than 85% of Chinese families did not have color TV sets, refrigerators, air conditioners, not to mention PCs and the Internet. Now these are ordinary consumption, including the current smart phone tablets, which are developing towards intelligent family life and remote control.
It is not wrong to like one's own country, which is the minimum feeling of citizens of every country. Of course, it is good to look around when conditions permit, because different countries and nations have different customs and are worth seeing.
Oh, I forgot to mention that there are cars. Four years ago, I bought a Wild Emperor SUV produced by Skoda. Twenty years ago or even more ago, it was unimaginable
I hope you haven’t misunderstood me - I loved my time there and would love to go back one day to see the changes. I feel privileged that, as a 15 year old, 6 foot tall, very blonde Westerner, I was given the opportunity to visit China at a time when few Westerners went there. As amazed as I was by the difference in cultures, there were times when I had groups crowd around me, fascinated by this towering, pale skinned and white haired boy that was obviously not a common sight at the time. The apparent chaos of thousands of bicycles all moving at once, weaving between buses and a few trucks (which were the only motorised vehicles on the road). We embraced the culture and went on adventures. There was very little English signage so we had to rely on our limited Chinese vocabulary. Catching a crowded bus and paying 一分 (or 1 cent) to find our way home was fantastic! A lot has changed - my guess is that China has had the fastest and biggest changes than any other nation on the planet. I’d love to return and see the progress that’s been made 😊. Particularly Nanjing, where 我去学校学习中文.

I hope you haven’t misunderstood me - I loved my time there and would love to go back one day to see the changes. I feel privileged that, as a 15 year old, 6 foot tall, very blonde Westerner, I was given the opportunity to visit China at a time when few Westerners went there. As amazed as I was by the difference in cultures, there were times when I had groups crowd around me, fascinated by this towering, pale skinned and white haired boy that was obviously not a common sight at the time. The apparent chaos of thousands of bicycles all moving at once, weaving between buses and a few trucks (which were the only motorised vehicles on the road). We embraced the culture and went on adventures. There was very little English signage so we had to rely on our limited Chinese vocabulary. Catching a crowded bus and paying 一分 (or 1 cent) to find our way home was fantastic! A lot has changed - my guess is that China has had the fastest and biggest changes than any other nation on the planet. I’d love to return and see the progress that’s been made 😊. Particularly Nanjing, where 我去学校学习中文.
I don't think I misunderstood you. I just told you that China has made amazing economic changes in the last 20 years. Some things have changed so fast that even ordinary people like me feel incredible
Language is the same for you and me. My English level should be similar to your Chinese level. I use Google translation or other translation software

Aerospatiale

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20099q56d
Username
Aerospatiale
View attachment 54630
Agree, there are no standard flight destinations going to the Philippines, but there are 2 during events:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
View attachment 54630
Having buildings from there would also be nice. Here is a map that shows some of the buildings from airport city in real life and where they are location

Agree, there are no standard flight destinations going to the Philippines, but there are 2 during events:
Great points, seems like then should be on map. After all, aren't there other non-standard flight destinations represented such as Tasmania and Canberra?

Last edited:
I think some interesting destinations in the game could be:

Nashville, Tennessee, US - home of the Grand Ole Opry (a long standing radio and TV show) - https://www.opry.com/ and the Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Ole_Opry . In addition, the "Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum " is located there (see the wikipedia article at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country_Music_Hall_of_Fame_and_Museum#Current_museum ).

Memphis, Tennessee, US - Fedex shipping hub. In addition, it's also famous for Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graceland .

Detroit, Michigan, US - famous for car manufacturing ever since Henry Ford and is nicknamed "Motor City". It was also the home of Motown records that had performing acts such as "The Supremes", Stevie Wonder, "The Temptations", "The Jackson 5", Marvin Gaye, "The Four Tops", and numerous others. See the wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motown .

Liverpool, England - originally noted as a major port in England. This was also where the Beatles (John Lennon, Paul McCarthy, George Harrison, Ringo Starr) had gotten their start (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles ). Gerry and the Pacemakers (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_and_the_Pacemakers ) also started in Liverpool. I would have mentioned the "Rolling Stones" but they came from London, England. Those bands were part of the "British Invasion" where British musicians would have TOP 40 record hits in the U.S. Charts in the 1960's.

Baltimore, Maryland, US - This was a major transportation hub since the 1830's. It's known for it's port and where the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad started (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_and_Ohio_Railroad ). It is also home to Johns Hopkins University (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johns_Hopkins_University ) that includes John's Hopkins Hospital (a major teaching hospital - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johns_Hopkins_Hospital ).

John Lennon and his band CD, I still have two, which are distributed in China
I also included the CDs of Mariah Carey and ladygaga

I always was a music lover and I had actually a Disc Jockey course when I was at the WV School for the Blind. There was a lot of stuff in the 1980's but the stuff I menioned in the post went from the 1930's onto the 1970's. The Beatles had started out as a Tribute Band to Buddy Holley and the Crickets (back in the 1950's). Buddy Holly had died a plane crash in 1959. Holley was influenced by the Carter Family and Hank WIlliams, Sr. plus a few other people. A lot of rock and roll TOP was influenced by Jazz, Rhythm and Blues, and Country Music. It all is interrelated.

I deliberately did NOT mention New Orleans because the already notes that Jazz connection. The music from the Music from the 1960's was from a culmination of stuff that had been happening with Radio Music. ANd yes, there are fascinating story such as the medical quack, Dr. John R. Brinkley that had started a border blaster around 1930 where he hosted people like the Carter family (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Brinkley ) from broadcasts he had recorded from his home in Del Rio, Texas. They were broadcast from Mexico and Mexican government had permitted him to blast a lot of US-based radio stations off the air.

Top Bottom