Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

A Sad Day

@Tito

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0452p2l1m
Username
@Tito
I know the event is not over yet, but unless G! decides to get really generous with drop rates over the next 2 days, I won't be finishing it.

I have 15/100 biker jackets and I'm only 1/2 way to progress level 18. I doubt I will even get to the spyglass.

Why is it a sad day? Well, for the first time since I started this game Feb 1, 2020, I will not get a forum badge for the completion of the event. That's the real reason why I work so hard to complete them. It's not for event competition placing because it's almost impossible to beat the cheats. It's not for the crappy buildings that don't add any value (and usually end up in the warehouse). The real reason I complete events is this forum and the forum badge.

I refuse to pay the 30 greenies I would need to spend to guarantee I could finish the final task.

I refuse to pay the roughly $20 to get the premium and level ups to get to the crappy Mad Scene.

And it seems like there are a lot of you thinking the same way I do. There are only two people who have completed this event by the time I write this post. Two fairly new players who, no doubt, paid a lot for the prestige of being the only two players to earn this badge. Congratulations to them! They will have quite unique badges.

But I'm glad there are only two players there. And I really hope there are no more who complete it ... and I especially hope there are none who pay to complete it.

Maybe then G! will listen.
Same here. I got only 4 jackets with 5 arenas out and 1 campsite. Drop rates sucked. I am at level 18 in the event but the drop rate of jackets will cause me not to finish the event. Bummer!
@Tito:rolleyes:

Vivke

350+ Star Club
Since the events have changed it's very hard to complete them and I was always glad to try to complete the events and get the award here on the forum but now I can't complete them, also because I'm not playing so many hours, try to play daily but not for a whole day. There are still others things we need to do such as going to work for a whole day and there I can't play the game. Hope they change the events again some time.

I protested from the very first pay-to-finish event and I continue to do so... am I loosing sleep? I'll probably be sleeping in 8 minutes times

HOWEVER,

I have this uneasy feeling that G! is (remember that they also read the comments on this forum) in "bad" competition with this forum. Why do I say this? Since the pay-to-finish system started the only thing that kept us going was the forum badge (since G!'s rewards are distasteful) now G! is taking that away and for this I say well played now let's see if you'll break the comraderie, the friendships and alliances entranched in this forum
Perhaps not. perhaps this sudden urge to dry players resources, greenies in particular, has something to do with former FB players. GI paid thousands of greenies as a compensation to some of those players...
Max land in FB was way higher than in our “mobile” version. And several players had much more land than they could have here. So, when their games were converted, they received a refund full price for every square of land over our limit. i read about that on FB, some guy post (but I knew it already, from other sources).
so now you have a legion of players, full of greens offered by GI... Following GI’s logic, only one action makes sense: dry those players’ greenies... what better than made them buy bonuses and pay-per-finish?

Perhaps not. perhaps this sudden urge to dry players resources, greenies in particular, has something to do with former FB players. GI paid thousands of greenies as a compensation to some of those players...
Max land in FB was way higher than in our “mobile” version. And several players had much more land than they could have here. So, when their games were converted, they received a refund full price for every square of land over our limit. i read about that on FB, some guy post (but I knew it already, from other sources).
so now you have a legion of players, full of greens offered by GI... Following GI’s logic, only one action makes sense: dry those players’ greenies... what better than made them buy bonuses and pay-per-finish?
I'm speechless...

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r1jac7z
Username
Pilot 1
Um no. I've gone in to see the Christmas tree for the event (and quite frankly surprised to see it is still there and the snow still isn't gone).

Perhaps the developers are working on upgrading their skills so they can leave AC behind
Christmas Tree? Where? Not sure I have one.

I'm speechless...
A5EB7754-1A9F-4FE4-9002-7486C9CA4AA6.jpeg

I know the event is not over yet, but unless G! decides to get really generous with drop rates over the next 2 days, I won't be finishing it.

I have 15/100 biker jackets and I'm only 1/2 way to progress level 18. I doubt I will even get to the spyglass.

Why is it a sad day? Well, for the first time since I started this game Feb 1, 2020, I will not get a forum badge for the completion of the event. That's the real reason why I work so hard to complete them. It's not for event competition placing because it's almost impossible to beat the cheats. It's not for the crappy buildings that don't add any value (and usually end up in the warehouse). The real reason I complete events is this forum and the forum badge.

I refuse to pay the 30 greenies I would need to spend to guarantee I could finish the final task.

I refuse to pay the roughly $20 to get the premium and level ups to get to the crappy Mad Scene.

And it seems like there are a lot of you thinking the same way I do. There are only two people who have completed this event by the time I write this post. Two fairly new players who, no doubt, paid a lot for the prestige of being the only two players to earn this badge. Congratulations to them! They will have quite unique badges.

But I'm glad there are only two players there. And I really hope there are no more who complete it ... and I especially hope there are none who pay to complete it.

Maybe then G! will listen.
Well, I agree with the most important point - Jacket drops. I read a lot of report of people activating the bonus and not receiving a single drop during the 6h period when Secret Basement was active.
However: I flew last week during the day my T Birds to an 1,000 flight alliance destination so I did not receive any single Drumstick from that. I calculated the residential buildings drops, I made a precise schedule and with only accessing my game 5x daily (S3 T-Birds, 3h flights) I collected all standard 1h - 48h buildings. During the night I sent my Condors to New Orleans (same or even better with Caracas, Berlin, Delhi). 8 days x 2,600+ = 20,800+ Drumsticks so exactly as many as I needed to advance to lvl18. Since Monday morning (new week, new alliance task destinations :)) I am flying 3x daily New Orleans with all my Condors so I will be advancing to lvl19 tonight. With some instant returns tomorrow I should advance through lvl20 as well.
As for Tasks - I am at 9/10 (no Jackets :)). I am actually at 7/10 now but I will fly tomorrow Turkish and Bali. Not finishing the Task for Jackets however will mean for me 100 + 500 Drumstick less (and of course the bad taste in my mouth for not completing a task :)) so that could be compensated by instant returning a dozen of Condor flights. Now I have to decide - should I activate a bonus tomorrow and tap like crazy on the Arenas and Campings, should I buy 4 Rocker's Sets or should I simply let the last task remain uncompleted.

Wow! They ban people for having too much fuel through a GI problem, then they give out greens for whatever reason. They really don’t know their a... from their elbow! So much for a level playing field. They’ve turned it into a minefield!
Yes, many of the issues around this game are created by GI, what about when people transfered over from the Russian version and they could keep unlimited buildings for a while .

I had heard about the giving out of greens to FB players but didn't know how many, to see those screen shots has actually shocked me. They are insane when you consider the restrictions put on the rest of us and totally unfair. When I loose a single item due to the warehouse limits GI say its down to thier rules and levelling the gamebor whatever rubbish they spout but give out thousands of greens to precious FB players.

Yes, many of the issues around this game are created by GI, what about when people transfered over from the Russian version and they could keep unlimited buildings for a while .

I had heard about the giving out of greens to FB players but didn't know how many, to see those screen shots has actually shocked me. They are insane when you consider the restrictions put on the rest of us and totally unfair. When I loose a single item due to the warehouse limits GI say its down to thier rules and levelling the gamebor whatever rubbish they spout but give out thousands of greens to precious FB players.
To be fair and square, they deserve those greenies. in a subsequent post it was explained that these referred to land above the mobile version limit (yes, true, FB players could have a larger airport). So, it seems GI paid back all the previously acquired land which was subtracted from those players’ airports and buildings moved to warehouse.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
BTW, does any of you still look at the inside of your hangar and (maybe admire) your planes flying? I’m really curious.
Stopped after day 2. The only real gain of the hangar is the ability to quickly repair broken planes and to get to shop for planes quickly. Otherwise, it's no use really. The customization will be cool (if we ever get it 🤷🏿‍♂️), but the hangar could have been used to make some revolutionary gameplay changes for the better.

Top Bottom