Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

8.4 Update is Out

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Ok. The heli event flights are losing propositions. You spend almost double the coins from what you get.
Actually, most heli flights earn a few coins. There is only a few destinations/combinations that lose coins. For sparrows, the average profit is about 30 coins per flight. For crossbills, a bit more, For goldfinch, the average profit is 190.

You can increase profits from helicopter flights with sky captain/junior pilot and tourist visa

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
But you don't have a star club banner for all your stars <g>? šŸ¤”
Yeah, I need to get around to that. I'm at 491 stars in the game now and so will just wait until I hit 500 before asking for a star club banner. I should be able to pick up 7 probably in the next week at least. Then just two after that. Not much longer really when you think about it. šŸ¤—

šŸ‘§ā›½
N

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
Actually, most heli flights earn a few coins. There is only a few destinations/combinations that lose coins. For sparrows, the average profit is about 30 coins per flight. For crossbills, a bit more, For goldfinch, the average profit is 190.

You can increase profits from helicopter flights with sky captain/junior pilot and tourist visa
These bonuses are hard to come by and will not spend money just to get these.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722

OK. The events heli flight is a lot worse.For example, the CARY flight will only give you 50 coins while your cost is 75 coins upwards (including fuel).

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
For higher level players the coins are inconsequential. When you have 1M coins sitting in your balance, a few hundred here or there are barely rounding errors. It's all about the stars, love. All about the stars. :) šŸš

šŸ‘§ ā›½
That's true but until I get the last full upgrades for terminal and town hall ( the last ones), would be focused on collecting coins. Collecting stars would probably come in later.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
Thanks. I might settle for the cheaper ipad 8th gen with 3 gb VRAM. It might do justice. Anyways, I will also use this for occasional video viewing which might be great as the screen is 10.2 inches.
BTW, I do not have any idea whether the transfer is ok from an mini ipad IOS software to iPadOS software. Heard that these are two slighlty different software implementation or are they just one and the same? I within the same platform, does GI need to handle the transfer or it just literally pops in the new iPad on what account to use?

BTW, I do not have any idea whether the transfer is ok from an mini ipad IOS software to iPadOS software. Heard that these are two slighlty different software implementation or are they just one and the same? I within the same platform, does GI need to handle the transfer or it just literally pops in the new iPad on what account to use?
within same platform should be automatic. Start new game on new device,same appleid, go to level 3 (or 5, cant remember when are the social features triggered) and a pop up should appear, asking you to chose between local or server game. Chose server, done. DO NOT open the game in the old device not even once after this process .
if you still want to use the old device for a support game, just start a new one with a different Apple ID

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20dtpt3h
Username
Tiberiu
That's true but until I get the last full upgrades for terminal and town hall ( the last ones), would be focused on collecting coins. Collecting stars would probably come in later.
I'd focus on preparing my airport for competitions - small buildings and helis make the difference. The comps winnings compound over time allowing you to build top fleet (including red helis) making it easier to finish on top in next comps. I can hardly imagine finishing lower than top 2 with my progress so far. With the side benefits like a lot of QLs and explosive bolts, coins will be abundant. But don't listen too much to the end game players, they're not in a position to see that the event competitions are all the rage nowadays in this game. The worse thing now is to be level 80.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
within same platform should be automatic. Start new game on new device,same appleid, go to level 3 (or 5, cant remember when are the social features triggered) and a pop up should appear, asking you to chose between local or server game. Chose server, done. DO NOT open the game in the old device not even once after this process .
if you still want to use the old device for a support game, just start a new one with a different Apple ID
Thanks a lot. Hope this will go fine once I have the new iPad.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
I gave up on this event for my second & support games (PLM2/3) that both started this event from scratch.

I flew helicopters 10 straight hours, well over 150 flights, to get 2 items I needed to upgrade a studio to level 3. I received lots of other drops, just not the two of the same item that I needed for the studio. I have had no ads on PLM2 now for a week again, combined that with no gifting this year, makes this event almost impossible. The kick in the gut is that I had to turn around and do the same thing for three more of one item, but from different Heli destinations. In past years I would have worked ads and gifts for one destination, while flying to the other. Now tack on that I need even more items from different destinations for level 4 & level 5. It was hopeless. To top it off when I gave up PLM2 has in 2nd place. This has nothing to do with old or new event type, but everything to do with Gi completely ruining this event. That and the whole android platform issue for PLM3.

1606024202618.png

This is what did this game in for me. It has been this way for months and months on end.

The thing that makes me sad, is I had always liked Heli flights, and always spoke out in favor of more with Helicopters.

The really REALLY sad part. Is over the last two days I have found another game that actually enjoy play. For now.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
Some of us are pretty anal-retentive and like things to be done-done vs. part way done. :p

šŸ‘§ ā›½
Okay. Am on level 80 with measly 357 stars. At the rate that I am not aiming for completed stars for all flights, it might take me decades to finish these. oh my!!

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
030hilgjs
Username
CPT Tebs
Can buildings from events still be upgraded post the event? I have some buildings that I won during the even and I have several levels to go before they are complete. Can I still get items needed for upgrade after the event is over?

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
I gave up on this event for my second & support games (PLM2/3) that both started this event from scratch.

I flew helicopters 10 straight hours, well over 150 flights, to get 2 items I needed to upgrade a studio to level 3. I received lots of other drops, just not the two of the same item that I needed for the studio. I have had no ads on PLM2 now for a week again, combined that with no gifting this year, makes this event almost impossible. The kick in the gut is that I had to turn around and do the same thing for three more of one item, but from different Heli destinations. In past years I would have worked ads and gifts for one destination, while flying to the other. Now tack on that I need even more items from different destinations for level 4 & level 5. It was hopeless. To top it off when I gave up PLM2 has in 2nd place. This has nothing to do with old or new event type, but everything to do with Gi completely ruining this event. That and the whole android platform issue for PLM3.

View attachment 44552

This is what did this game in for me. It has been this way for months and months on end.

The thing that makes me sad, is I had always liked Heli flights, and always spoke out in favor of more with Helicopters.

The really REALLY sad part. Is over the last two days I have found another game that actually enjoy play. For now.
Common: don't start now to complain about the great service of GI. Should I tell you a story: Last Thursday or Friday my level 80 account: the game didn't started. Hanging on the loading screen. No loading sign. Okay. cleaned up the cache, closed all other apps and started again. Same game. Okay - it is November again, maybe that is a scheduled problem from GI :) (last year in November I lost all my neighbours and my alliance - and it took the technical service so long for a useless reply). I deinstalled the app, cleaned the cache (1,7 GB memory free, and still place on the smartphone with around 6 GB) and then installed it again and before starting: cache cleaning again. Started the app. Now I have to play with a new account until level 3 and then I will get the message to choose my old account. Aha. Done (and short time after that I got a email from the technical support that too many people are playing at this covid-19-pandemic times - so their support will take longer :-D) Lost: only the marking for my favourite fans - but everything was still there. I informed the technical support and got congratulations. But because of this action (happens yesterday again) : I cannot fly like planned. I have eight helis - and used them all. Got some stars. But the buildings: okay - there are six. one at level 1 (I will not touch this, need it next year for the event again to be removed to the warehouse to be built again :-D ), others are higher, one or two already at maximum level. For me : it is more about the stars , the event is still shit , because without daily prices : it is useless. ANd of course with the lost days (yuup days) for android users.
I only hope that GI already uploaded the new update for the Thanksgiving event this Thursday. Three days - with luck Android users can play on Thursday :-D
BTW: which game are you playing now?

Top Bottom