Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

8.4 Update is Out

How do you mean unattainable? Getting 1 star? 2 stars? Sparrow, Crossbill, or Goldfinch?
I mean it takes serious effort keep producing items to fly helis, its just boring, 1000 stars is just far too much. That and the new event format we need to play 12 hours a day, people will lose interest or just start ignoring that part of the game. Stars used to mean something.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
I mean it takes serious effort keep producing items to fly helis, its just boring, 1000 stars is just far too much. That and the new event format we need to play 12 hours a day, people will lose interest or just start ignoring that part of the game. Stars used to mean something.
Hmmm...I have to score 400 flights for a Falcon and 600 flights for a Condor, so yeah 1000 flights for a star seems a bit of a reach.

I think you are right though: I was determined to grind to 2 stars in each of the Sparrow destinations, but even I'm not masochist enough to try to go for 3 stars in them, let alone a Crossbill or Goldfinch.

Kal

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03ls05as4
Username
Kal Streetman
Hmmm...I have to score 400 flights for a Falcon and 600 flights for a Condor, so yeah 1000 flights for a star seems a bit of a reach.

I think you are right though: I was determined to grind to 2 stars in each of the Sparrow destinations, but even I'm not masochist enough to try to go for 3 stars in them, let alone a Crossbill or Goldfinch.
I was watching your city the first day of event and said oh she is building something big lol, I mean more heli pads for the 1000 flights apparently I did my math and then said uh oh there is no possibility 😁

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
Top Poster Of The Month
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
There is no rush really. Star count is just a personal goal as it equals no rewards other than a banner here. There is always next year. Then you achieve all stars and get to a point on older events where you complete it in minutes when they start. At that point your left with alliance, excavation maps and normal destinations. We need a lv 4 launch pad, cargo planes, level 100+ expansion and an additional incentives for gaining stars. Maybe on version 10 but doubt it.
so true! ,more launches! cargo planes, more levels

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
I was watching your city the first day of event and said oh she is building something big lol, I mean more heli pads for the 1000 flights apparently I did my math and then said uh oh there is no possibility 😁
Well, I already had 6 Sparrow pads and one each of the other two, so it was grind grind grind until the fuel runs out. I've trimmed that down to 5 (so it's easier to track how many flights to get to a certain number) and now am just trying to hit single stars on the Goldfinch runs before the event runs out. As you know even 2 birds requires a *lot* of parts. Without the new feature showing how many of the items you have left in inventory, I'd not have the time to keep a spreadsheet updated constantly.

Some day it would be nice to have an auto-replenish or auto-queue feature, but I can't see G! ever doing that unless they can some how get gold tokens for the building, kind of like the Visa Center with contracts.

simister77

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0385ivbzg
Username
sim77
I have two Crossbills flying and very hard to keep them flying, trying to replenish. But i notice about a week about on the iOS format, there is a counter next to the items , letting the user know where to replenish. I thank GI for doing that on the 8.4 update, or i forgot i came out on the 8.3 update.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Is it just me, or anyone else finds it annoying that they switched "rocket icon" with "flights icon"? My muscle memory is causing me clicking on rocket more than 10x per day! :)
Nope. It’s annoying the crap out of me too.
More so because the flight icon moves depending on if you have a launch ongoing or not.
And while we’re at it, another minor change that’s irritating is the collections menu. Each time you open it it goes to the beginning, instead of where you were last looking. Before it only reset if the game restarted.

Kal

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03ls05as4
Username
Kal Streetman
Well, I already had 6 Sparrow pads and one each of the other two, so it was grind grind grind until the fuel runs out. I've trimmed that down to 5 (so it's easier to track how many flights to get to a certain number) and now am just trying to hit single stars on the Goldfinch runs before the event runs out. As you know even 2 birds requires a *lot* of parts. Without the new feature showing how many of the items you have left in inventory, I'd not have the time to keep a spreadsheet updated constantly.

Some day it would be nice to have an auto-replenish or auto-queue feature, but I can't see G! ever doing that unless they can some how get gold tokens for the building, kind of like the Visa Center with contracts.
I gave up on heli stars already! May be 1 each sparrow destinations thats it. not to mention the pain on fuel supply from Thailand 1:30 hrs then 1:48 hrs to San Francisco and some neighbours sending me weird gifts instead!

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
I have two Crossbills flying and very hard to keep them flying, trying to replenish. But i notice about a week about on the iOS format, there is a counter next to the items , letting the user know where to replenish. I thank GI for doing that on the 8.4 update, or i forgot i came out on the 8.3 update.
you mean "what" to replenish?

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
No issues on my iPad. Could that be memory issues? I feel this new AC version is quite heavy on that aspect
Could be but I wonder why it only affects my ads free upgrade for game studio. The rest of the other ads-free upgrades are ok. By the way what ipad model are you using? I have to ditch my current ipda mini 2 and upgrade to a newer model. Just dont know which which is better for AC, an ipad mini 5 or the bigger models like iPad 8, Air or Pro (iPadOS).

Could be but I wonder why it only affects my ads free upgrade for game studio. The rest of the other ads-free upgrades are ok. By the way what ipad model are you using? I have to ditch my current ipda mini 2 and upgrade to a newer model. Just dont know which which is better for AC, an ipad mini 5 or the bigger models like iPad 8, Air or Pro (iPadOS).
I’m on an iPadPro 11” 64k.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Ok. The heli event flights are losing propositions. You spend almost double the coins from what you get.
For higher level players the coins are inconsequential. When you have 1M coins sitting in your balance, a few hundred here or there are barely rounding errors. It's all about the stars, love. All about the stars. :) 🚁

👧 ⛽

Top Bottom