Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.3 update

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Hey Ivan, random thought. Any plans for changing anything with helicopters? I feel like beyond players who may want stars and even fewer who would like the buildings that give pax bonus, the helis really are just collecting dust due to the high cost of flying. Maybe they can be revamped for a completely different purpose like the idea from @Captain WH Rollins ?

His idea is presented here from last year:

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Arizsumda
Hello Andy
I know you made this offer to DJones but just in case you have room for another I have sent a friend request
Thanks for your consideration

Hey Ivan, random thought. Any plans for changing anything with helicopters? I feel like beyond players who may want stars and even fewer who would like the buildings that give pax bonus, the helis really are just collecting dust due to the high cost of flying. Maybe they can be revamped for a completely different purpose like the idea from @Captain WH Rollins ?

I fly cheap helo flights for the aircraft repair drops.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone

I'm going to be as vague as possible about it: there's certainly room for improvement in the heli department, but there's no date as of now when and how it might happen.

Awesomerowend

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03x4wkss3
Username
Bertus ZA
I find the helicopters very much like a child that needs constant supervision.

They formed a strategic part of my play during the Curse event and I occasionally use them for specific purposes and I occasionally play them cause I am bored and I try for drops towards buildings I would like to have or repair or flight items.

However, to run them properly (my style of play) I find them management intensive. Mostly because of a combination of the 100 limit and fact I have to check the items one by one to see how much more I need to produce items to get back up to my preferred inventory level of 90 each. (Note: I always had the 100 limit).

So, I think they add an element to the game that is nice to have - but similarly doesnt have to be played daily

Cheers from Cape Town
Bertus

PS: The Curse Event was top notch! Well done.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20vrfzw53
Username
Paul Morgan
Hi all!
7.3 update comes out next week. It's a rather small one to keep you busy entertained while we polish more features for 7.4 release that comes out later in October.

View attachment 22260

• Complete the Riding the Comet special event to get a Comet Hotel for the space tourists
  • Comet Hotel is a commercial building that produces 180 coins per day and increases max. population of your city by 20.
  • Also, every time you visit Comet Hotel in your own city you have a very seldom chance to get one of the eight space launch items (Liquid Fuel, Powerful Explosive Bolt, etc.).
  • One more building, Space Museum, is going to be available through direct purchase and will provide space collectible items for the duration of the event.
  • Collect Meteorite Shards during the event and participate in the event ratings.
  • Use Meteorite Shards to purchase bonuses, item sets, and unique alliance badges in the event shop.
View attachment 22261

View attachment 22262

Cheers,
Ivan.

This looks Like it Will be Fun!

Good Luck Everyone!

D

Deleted member 9675

I find the helicopters very much like a child that needs constant supervision.

They formed a strategic part of my play during the Curse event and I occasionally use them for specific purposes and I occasionally play them cause I am bored and I try for drops towards buildings I would like to have or repair or flight items.

However, to run them properly (my style of play) I find them management intensive. Mostly because of a combination of the 100 limit and fact I have to check the items one by one to see how much more I need to produce items to get back up to my preferred inventory level of 90 each. (Note: I always had the 100 limit).

So, I think they add an element to the game that is nice to have - but similarly doesnt have to be played daily

Cheers from Cape Town
Bertus

PS: The Curse Event was top notch! Well done.
With the helis its good to do daily missions like sending 40 flights or landing 40, especially when airplane flights can be long

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
With the helis its good to do daily missions like sending 40 flights or landing 40, especially when airplane flights can be long
But as he said, they require a lot of attention. Most players are working adults, and while most can just send off flights once they gather enough fuel and pax, helicopters require additional items that you may have to wait up to 30 mins to create ( I started with goldfinches), and each required item changes after each flight, which adds up over time. For all the attention they require, most dont believe it's worth it. Either the flight process needs to get less laborious, or the rewards for flying would need to get better for their troubles (or better yet, both). I only want to see an event using helicopters if the entire flight process is changed. Too tedious to my liking.

But as he said, they require a lot of attention. Most players are working adults, and while most can just send off flights once they gather enough fuel and pax, helicopters require additional items that you may have to wait up to 30 mins to create ( I started with goldfinches), and each required item changes after each flight, which adds up over time. For all the attention they require, most dont believe it's worth it. Either the flight process needs to get less laborious, or the rewards for flying would need to get better for their troubles (or better yet, both). I only want to see an event using helicopters if the entire flight process is changed. Too tedious to my liking.
The training flight do not require items

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The training flight do not require items
But most arent flying training flights. Do a flight to Mont Blanc and you will be singing a different tune. Requirements of 5 swivel plates, 3 shield markers, and 4 wind cones will set you back a pretty penny and the time to make them would be quite significant for one flight. You can build items ahead of time, but with changing requirements for each flight, it's a moving target.

But most arent flying training flights. Do a flight to Mont Blanc and you will be singing a different tune. Requirements of 5 swivel plates, 3 shield markers, and 4 wind cones will set you back a pretty penny and the time to make them would be quite significant for one flight. You can build items ahead of time, but with changing requirements for each flight, it's a moving target.
I think what @BrianIsFlyin is referring to is using the training flights for the daily mission of 40 flights sent or landed. I agree with what you are saying, though. I might do 1 helicoptor flight per day., and that takes a fair amount of planning. Still have quite a few flights to complete with the Goldfinch, but no rush. Something to do if no event or special flights going on.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think what @BrianIsFlyin is referring to is using the training flights for the daily mission of 40 flights sent or landed. I agree with what you are saying, though. I might do 1 helicoptor flight per day., and that takes a fair amount of planning. Still have quite a few flights to complete with the Goldfinch, but no rush. Something to do if no event or special flights going on.
Oh ok I get what he's saying now. Makes sense

I did 3 star to all destitanation and it was very long and annoying.
But i use training flight for to complete the daily mission as @BrianIsFlyin said.

Top Bottom