Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

7.13. update

It looks like (some?) flight items are no longer available using videos as well. I’ve only looked at those in the top 3 aircraft types so can’t say if it’s across the board.

As frustrating as it is, especially with no information being provided with the updates, I’m not expecting it to change back. In fact, I suspect we will discover one or two other changes over the next few days. GI (Ivan) stated on several posts that they were making adjustment/changes to the game to balance things out and also to reduce the impact of hackers. GI have made various changes to tweak the game in recent times including the introduction of repair items for top tier aircraft (players with breakdowns used to have to wait from 8-24 hrs for a plane to be repaired or spend greenies) and the ability to allow more gifts to be sent and visit more neighbours . Sometimes the changes are great (eg better drop rates of PEBs), other times they can annoy (re-jigging weather vane parameters).

From time to time, they make changes and have no idea of the unforeseen impact the change may have. One of the recent introductions has had a major impact and significantly changed many of the ways the game is played. The overlaps, or “butterfly effects” from the update are enormous. It will more than likely be adjusted in a later update or another change will be made to negate the effects, but it often takes years for them to catch up.

Originally, there were only 5 videos allowed each day and they were set so that all 5 couldn’t be used for the same task (most players topped up as many F20 as possible). It’s been awhile so my recollection is vague, but many of the tasks that can be achieved through videos today were not available in the past or limited to one per day, including building items, speed ups and many others. GI have tweaked the videos a few times (good revenue stream ;)) and increased the number allowed per day and what they can be used for. The balance has been out of skew for awhile, especially for building items. I did the new Terminal upgrade after V7 was released and it needed 80 items! I didn’t make a single flight to gather them and didn’t receive any as gifts. It used to be that planning was needed to ensure building items were collected in advance or the Building would reach completion time but able to be used. With the terminal taking 2-3 weeks to build, I collected every needed item by watching videos. The videos are good for flight or repair items for newer players, but for higher level players it simply means they can push out an extra 12 flights each day - not very balanced at all.

Blitz7

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
-
Username
Blitz7 F20
Sadly, the watch ads 'problems' for maps (and might also flight items) are not 'fixed' with this second update. Sounds like it was switched off feature permanently.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04n4ys3v
Username
Mudchute
Same for me, I just wanted to concentrate on maps in next weeks, now going back to game studios:/

No more videos for the excavation maps... :cry:
I started 2 weeks ago using them to avoid spending 2000 coins for a map from dukes. :mad:
And I wanted to prepare a map run on the adventure maps. Will need to change my priorities now.

Means my videos will be used for upgrading the game studios again... 3 done, 3 to go.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Having downloaded the latest update version of the game yesterday, I'm now repeatedly being told the latest version to the game is available this Thursday morning. This message has become most annoying.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Having downloaded the latest update version of the game yesterday, I'm now repeatedly being told the latest version to the game is available this Thursday morning. This message has become most annoying.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins
There is a second update from 7.13.26 to 7.13.28 to fix the "damaged profile" and "stuck on loading" so many people suffered. I didn't have the problem, but still had to do the update.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
There is a second update from 7.13.26 to 7.13.28 to fix the "damaged profile" and "stuck on loading" so many people suffered. I didn't have the problem, but still had to do the update.

Yes, 7.13.28 has just downloaded and installed - I look forward to cocktail hour this evening.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

No more videos for the excavation maps... :cry:
I started 2 weeks ago using them to avoid spending 2000 coins for a map from dukes. :mad:
And I wanted to prepare a map run on the adventure maps. Will need to change my priorities now.

Means my videos will be used for upgrading the game studios again... 3 done, 3 to go.
When you used the videos for maps, did it always say you can receive them as gifts from neighbors? I don't think we ever could receive excavation maps as gifts???? So maybe it's just a bug?

map flights.JPG

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
  3. Facebook
  4. Windows PC
Username
packxri
I lost all my friends. I have been expelled by my own alliance. I can't see my alliance task anymore. All this happened after 7.13.28 upgrade. What's going on?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
  3. Facebook
  4. Windows PC
Username
packxri
Airport City ATTENTION MOBILE APP USERS: If you are receiving the following pop-up message.."Your profile "friend code" was damaged. Please contact tech. support ....." - the team is currently working on fixing this issue. Thank you for your continued support, and patience. (Moderator: Walter)

How do you contact tech support? I used to do that in the app itself, but now I could find a way to send feedback to tech support. I have problem with my friends and alliance too.

When you used the videos for maps, did it always say you can receive them as gifts from neighbors? I don't think we ever could receive excavation maps as gifts???? So maybe it's just a bug?

View attachment 28188
Must be a standard message they put on all screens I guess.
Never really looked at the message. Just used the adds to get the map. And no map has ever been in my gifting items (like all people I guess).

I hope it's a bug, just bought maps from Duke now to be able to go for the flights. But will be delayed a bit now. Having 10 adds a day, or 10 maps a week does make the process a bit slower... :banghead:
And next Tower upgrades will also be delayed as I have to buy the maps now.

So if this is a bug, they should fix this one really quickly in my opinion.

How do you contact tech support? I used to do that in the app itself, but now I could find a way to send feedback to tech support. I have problem with my friends and alliance too.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

There is a user guide on this subject matter

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
  3. Facebook
  4. Windows PC
Username
packxri
I wouldn't count on @Ur-quan ...
...I'm not surprised he quit on us at some point.

Wouldn‘t surprise me either with all the bitching and moaning going on. AFD24015-254E-4A21-8684-9D11917A715C.jpeg

If people think this week has been bad, then I’d recommend quitting right now. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet. Get used to it or prepare yourself for a one sleeve jacket and a rubber room. Mary and Valery would be delighted to cancel your tickets (if they haven’t done so already).

Top Bottom