Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows - Weekly Trading Thread - November 7, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivke

350+ Star Club
Hi All;

So far at level 15 after blowing up a couple of times. Seemed to have missed some items for upgrades as I learn this game. Am will to take advice and/or trade for items!

Have figured out a couple of things - ignore the terminal capacity and just keep adding passengers (doesn't seem to matter if I have 75 or 45 for 45 capacity). Similarly, I keep making fuel and doesn't seem to mater if I have 55 or 85 units. They get all used eventually...

Playing on Windows PC (W-10)
Username/Friend Code: Joeyzee/20shiqz9
In-Game Name: not sure....see above

Items Required:
- seashell from Cyprus (somehow missed collecting all those before I got rid of the powerful propeller plane
- 5 cigar boxes from Egypt (same comment as above)
- Control Tower level 2: Dispatcher console and projector. Could use this to build 4th hangar (currently only 3) and collect 2 above
- Flight School: textbook (x2), flight helmet (x2), flight goggles (x2)
- Airship dock: rope block (x2), sandbag (x2)

Items You Can Send:
- have lots of Cockpit Glass (7), Empennage (9), generators (2), light engines (12), turbine (4)

All new to me, so forgive my newby-ish post and ignorance. Any help appreciated. Advice too, as I am not putting "real" money into this.
J
send you an invite, hope you accept

Vivke

350+ Star Club
Send out my gifts, thanks for all the received ones.

It's very sure that I won't complete the event. I only have 2 collections of the needed 15. Yesterday wasn't able to play and the other days I'm glad to send out my planes once a day because I don't have have time to play more. Drop rate was very poor and it seems impossible to complete an event if you can't play more than I'm able to. Keep on trying but it's very rare that I can complete one.

D

Deleted member 5399

From night flyer1 tonight; I've covered from @Kris the Okie from the Skokie lol, to @Cath 1
And do not fret @cats are awesome I sent you 20 Fuel!!!! lol
From night flyer2 gifts sent to @wydaho cath to @Snowee .
@wydaho both cath and bear got plugs and a lollie as I have no fuel from night flyer2.
Man I thought it was cheesy/ cheap to only have 5 passengers or 3 fuel to give. But if you have over 400 people on neighbor list and half of them give you 3 units of fuel each........ well that's a lot of fuel lol. And the same would apply to gifting 5 passengers.
And speaking of neighbors, since combining platforms, did GI raise the cap on max neighbors, or is it 500 like it was before?
Moving on, as I mention neighbors, I so much like seeing some smiling faces when they come to visit @CharisseNicole . No don't change the pic, please!!
There are some who show their children, pets, etc. Now I wish GI would fix it so Windows players could select an avatar instead of the boring lil porter guy. Isn't that kind of non-gender oriented anyhow? What are all porters male??
I demand we protest/ petition GI to change it to allow avatars for all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20shiqz9
Username
joeyzee
I sent you an invite;please accept. I don't have many of your current needs but will continue watching your signature. keep it up to date and make post something every few days.
Someday you will have to buy the plane and fly to cyprus and egypt. We can not gift those items. I don't think there is any need to rush filling those if you are past them (my opinion, everyone plays differently). Every weekend and sometimes in between watch for codes to enter in the game for good freebies. @Mike47 posted one today *dinofun404* .enter that as if a friend request in the game including the stars, you'll get 10 greenies. This one is rare and special but nearly every Friday there is a weekend code for a few greenies and some coin. watch for it.
One advise. Never upgrade your repair base until you have all the items needed to complete it. You will not be able to repair any planes until you complete it with all the items, and rest assured, every plane will land needing repairs. Also, before you buy a plane, make sure you have the structures it will need - correct repair base level, correct runway and correct hanger. It's not fun to have a shiny new plane and no runway suitable for takeoff. That's all for now. Welcome aboard. Ten33 will post a standard group welcome with a lot of useful info. And the forum has several help areas and never be afraid to ask. Someone is always happy to answer.

Thank you for the gifts received and the messages from both you and Ten33go.

thanks for the tip on the 10 greenies! Between that and the Twitter tip, I am only 2 greenies short to acquire last pair of flight goggles for flight school and then I can move up my destinations.... Understood about buying flights - later!

Have made some errors thus far that have upgraded or built things when I should have waited...oh well!

Question - I have upgraded my Control Tower to level 2 to allow for 4 hangars. Should I go for the Level 2 hangar or build a Level 3 to accommodate jets (currently have 3 Level 2 hangars on site).
Q2 - Airships - are they worth it (now that I have built the dock....)

Windows 10
User name: Oilyboat
In game name: Joeyzee friend code: 20shiqz9
Level 16, 11 stars

Items Required:
- Control Tower level 2: Dispatcher console and projector. Could use this to build 4th hangar (currently only 3) and collect 2 above
- Flight School: textbook (x2), flight helmet (x2), flight goggles (x2) (now only 1!)
- Airship dock: rope block (x2), sandbag (x2) (also only 1)
- powerful radio transmitter

Items You Can Send:
- have lots of Cockpit Glass (7), Empennage (9), generators (2), light engines (12), turbine (4), straightjacket,

Ten33go

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM me for friend code
Username
Ten33go
Thank you for the gifts received and the messages from both you and Ten33go

You're very welcome. (y)

thanks for the tip on the 10 greenies! Between that and the Twitter tip, I am only 2 greenies short to acquire last pair of flight goggles for flight school and then I can move up my destinations.... Understood about buying flights - later!

In my humble opinion, this would be a mistake. Unless you are backed up against a wall (Say, like having your repair base awaiting items and being unable to repair your planes). Greenies are very hard to come by. The special code given this week does not happen every week. It's only special occasions.

Land is what you are mainly wanting to concentrate on. The more land you have for the airport and city side, the better off you will be. Every week, they give out 3 greenies. Every time you pass a level, you obtain a greenie. You can also buy them every other week if you so desire.

DO NOT waste them speeding up, or bypassing obtaining items. That's that joining this forum will do for you. Someone here has Flight Goggles, and they would be more than happy to become your neighbor and gift them to you... For free. Or, you can find the destination you need to fly to in order to obtain them, and get them that way. Either way is better than spending greenies to speed up the opening.

Have made some errors thus far that have upgraded or built things when I should have waited...oh well!

Another suggestion, before you upgrade a building, look in the store at the building you need to upgrade next. There is a small information button now that will tell you what that particular building needs before it can be opened / used. Then look around at signatures. Much like Flight Goggles, I'm sure one of us will have the item you need. Maybe more than 1. Sometimes you can get all items in one day. Other times, not so much (Such as when an event is going on). This way, you don't HAVE to be tempted to spend greenies to upgrade.

Question - I have upgraded my Control Tower to level 2 to allow for 4 hangars. Should I go for the Level 2 hangar or build a Level 3 to accommodate jets (currently have 3 Level 2 hangars on site).

Question 1 - This depends on how you want to play the game, and how fast you want to get there. It's a personal decision. Many people will tell you their ideas of the best way of doing it, but it still depends on how much time you have to play, how much you play and how you play. Although, keep in mind that certain planes need certain level hangers, much like certain level repair bases. You can put any plane in any hanger, but if it's not the right hanger for it, it may take a lot longer to load then it would if you had the right one (If that particular game feature is still present anyway).

Question 2 - In a word, yes. It is worth it. You can buy adventure maps, and many other special items through the Airship Store. Adventure maps allow you to fly to various, "Off the normal flight destination grid" and obtain special buildings, as well as gold and silver tokens. Which can also help your gaming immensely.

Hope this helps you somewhat to decide what you would like to do, and how you want to get there. :D

Last edited:
Moving on, as I mention neighbors, I so much like seeing some smiling faces when they come to visit @CharisseNicole . No don't change the pic, please!!
There are some who show their children, pets, etc. Now I wish GI would fix it so Windows players could select an avatar instead of the boring lil porter guy. Isn't that kind of non-gender oriented anyhow? What are all porters male??
I demand we protest/ petition GI to change it to allow avatars for all.

I will second that it would be nice if they added that feature for windows.
@CharisseNicole visited my city....once, it was quite pleasant seeing a
nice smile whilst doing some AC actions. :cool:

Doc

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wyo03x8
Username
Doc
Hello to all my Neighbors, I've been away for awhile, Moved to a new home (small walnut farm), Wife and I are taking care of my parents. Won't be playing as much as I used too, lots of work to keep this place going.......Thought of you all over these last couple of months, hope to talk to you all soon. Your Friend and Flyer, Doc

Thank you for the gifts received and the messages from both you and Ten33go.

Windows 10
User name: Oilyboat
In game name: Joeyzee friend code: 20shiqz9
Level 16, 11 stars

Items Required:
- Flight School: textbook (x2), flight helmet (x2), flight goggles (x2) (now only 1!)
- Airship dock: rope block (x2), sandbag (x2) (also only 1)
- powerful radio transmitter

Items You Can Send:
- have lots of Cockpit Glass (7), Empennage (9), generators (2), light engines (12), turbine (4), straightjacket,
WOW - such wise words, as always from good friend @Ten33go - totally agree. My biggest piece of advice for any windows player is ONLY SPEND GREENIES ON LAND - they are so rare to come by, and after a number of expansions land doubles in price. I wasted a load in the early days of the game. If you need Flight Goggles and say so on here, you WILL get them, guaranteed. I have checked my list and can't gift them otherwise I would have sent. Have sent you an invite, please accept so we can connect.

great to welcome you to the neighbourhood

Good morning gang from a damp, cold wet England - hope life is sunny where you are!

Event update - my vaults are stubbornly quiet. To complete the event I only need 1 item, the digital thermometer - BUT NEED 3 OF THEM! - and to make matters worse, I have about run out of straightjackets when I thought I had more than enough, and they seem to have reduced their drop rate as well. So in the hope I can complete the event (I need the thermometers as the drop rate is sending my temperature soaring) PLEASE, PLEASE SEND ME STRAIGHTJACKETS for the time being.

Have a good days flying

Mike47

Gone but Not Forgotten
350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
pm me for code
Username
Mike47
Well I have finished the event, last item dropped this morning. :)(y)
I found the drop rates from the vaults a little better the last day or so, I did use a spyglass yesterday and the vaults dropped two items I needed to complete two collections.
Will leave the event open until tomorrow so I can continue to send event items to those that need them.

Well done @Mike47 on completing the Quest. I also finished last night getting the last two Seths from Cerveteri.

Thank you @BelleAIr for this excellent tip. I had been flying 6 turboprops to Giza. I sold 3 and purchased 3 Deltas and job done !!

Don't give up @ItsRalphy. Both you and I took it down to the wire with the Volcanic event and there is no reason why this should not happen again :);)

Straitjacket on the way, they have let me out of the asylum for the weekend :D

Regards
Harcourt

Thank you @Snowee and @BelleAIr - I have enough Communication Antennae.
Thank you @PeterNL for the Optical System. If you could send one more that would be greatly appreciated.
No problem, I will send you a Dryer tomorrow unless there is something else you'd prefer.

Thank you for the gifts received and the messages from both you and Ten33go...thanks for the tip on the 10 greenies!

On the forums, search "weekend code" and check the box for 'search titles only'. There is one every Friday, some of these codes may still work for you (most weeks it is 3 greenies and 2000 coins) which will help you get a good supply of greenies and coins. (TY GI! :love:) As @Ten33go stated, greenies are rare and generally must be purchased, so should be used sparingly. If you buy them during the tri-weekly sale paying $8.99 USD for 96 greenies, you are essentially estimating the value of a greenie at around 10 cents each :greedy: ...if that helps you figure their value any better. Land becomes exponentially expensive in coins and after the 200,000 coin expansion, waiting for the land sale (going on currently) to pay 7 greenies, then later 10 greenies each really multiplies quickly. :cautious: Check out the guide section of the forum for some helpful advice or feel free to ask the forum with questions. We all have lots of collective experience here that can get you much further in the game and on your way to really enjoying yourself instead of stressing about needs. :D

Q1- More planes means you level faster. Whether this matters to you I agree with Ten in that this is a personal decision based on your style of play. Realize you do not want more hangars then you can handle flying planes out...you will not have enough fuel. :bookworm: Consider how much fuel you have left when you fly all your planes out at once, if it's enough for another plane to go out, you probably could consider upgrading the control tower. I find for a long while in the game, there is no need to have any hanger higher than a green (lvl 2) as you will be flying mostly turbos and jets, and upgrading to anything higher will be a waste of resources. On my android I am level 34 and have 4 blue (lvl 1) & 2 green (lvl 2) hangars. I fly 5 turbos, 1 jet and generally have just enough fuel when all flown out at once, depending on the choice of destination of course.

Q2- I think you may be confused on the purpose of the airship; it is not another flying craft. The airship is a twice weekly shop flown by 'Duke' that arrives on Monday and Thursday, lasting 24hrs. It has various goods for trade and sometimes special sales (so I'm told, I have not yet seen these). :cool: The 8000 coin bonus chest and 1000 coin duty free goods are generally the only things I buy from the shop, but you can find a wiki that lists what can be found in the various mystery buildings and such that you will find available. You may find he occasionally glitches out (reloads constantly like he is flying in/out). If this ever happens, just remove the dock from the road for a couple hours and the issue will pass. :rolleyes:

At lower levels, the game can seem very time consuming as most buildings require short time frames. Realize as you level up higher, it will be easier to be away from the game longer and maintain a steady stream of coins, experience, and fuel. In other words, it will get easier. ;)

Thank you @BelleAIr for this excellent tip. I had been flying 6 turboprops to Giza. I sold 3 and purchased 3 Deltas and job done !!
Glad it worked for you as well. I have been surprised how little the turbo flights have been dropping...I hope it is that the game recognizes I no longer have a need for those parts, but I would be rather annoyed if I wasn't already set in completing the quest.

Last edited:

skiv

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jt8mdr
Username
skiv/most-desired-gift
I will send you a Dryer tomorrow unless there is something else you'd prefer.
I noticed that Belle2 has Solar Cells. I’d like to get in on those Blue Launches!

Thank you @PeterNL and @Harcourt , I have enough Optical Systems.

Thank you @Snowee for the Solar Cell.

@oilyboat - You have received some excellent advice. Aren't people here great? If I can add my 2-cents, sometimes you will get a side quest for Egypt or Cyprus or, as you play, you will find bonuses that require collectibles (can't be gifted) from those destinations. When I upgrade my terminal, I purchase the next-level hangar and put a Powerful-Prop in there and fly like crazy to Egypt/Cyprus until I get what I need then I sell the Powerful-Prop and buy the plane that fits that hangar. You will eventually build a reserve hangar but I save that for more expensive planes and at 450-coins for a Powerful-Prop, this works for me. Also, people here are incredibly generous and you can be as well. I would update your signature with the items that you can gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom