Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

When is enough enough?

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I’m on 161, and would like to take my city side to maximum. I have far too much airport side currently, mostly stemming from the need for many runways in the past. It is getting steep now though. 100 would be a reasonable cost price cap in my opinion. At least then you could get 2 land purchases for £/$10 with the sales. Getting one for that seems too steep really.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
It would be nice if we could occasionally win/purchase a land expansion through the event shop.
I’m hoping, although I may be in fairy land, that they do something with the cost of land soon. Other than the 0.1% who have spent a mad amount, the only people near max land have ‘those buildings’. They reduced the cost of the RH slots recently which gives me a glimmer of hope...
I know I go on about it a lot, but things seem too steep. I don’t mind spending to Support the devs, I like the game. But if I’m spending I want to get something for it. I play this far more than anything else, yet I spend more elsewhere because I feel I get much better value for money.

I’m hoping, although I may be in fairy land, that they do something with the cost of land soon. Other than the 0.1% who have spent a mad amount, the only people near max land have ‘those buildings’. They reduced the cost of the RH slots recently which gives me a glimmer of hope...
I know I go on about it a lot, but things seem too steep. I don’t mind spending to Support the devs, I like the game. But if I’m spending I want to get something for it. I play this far more than anything else, yet I spend more elsewhere because I feel I get much better value for money.
The biggest cities are mostly passengers as the need for coins reduces as you progress through the game. It's probably time for a clear out of my city as I can no longer upgrade any of the main airport buildings.

I was on 220 in 2015 and thanks to all the key buildings dropping items (no need for coins) I had the feeling I need more space and around that time it I got a city of Madlen Airborne. I have rebuilt the fragment of the city after compensation from GI. Luckily looks like these times are over and now the game is more stable. Nevertheless it forced me quit playing. Now I have decided to come back and another surprise, no chance to recover my city (I have spent the whole 2016 rebuilding what I have lost). Downside is now I am on 126 (I consider myself lucky) without any otlook to increase the number. It does not matter now anyway as I cannot place any other single building due to other limitations.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
I'm on 186 and don't intend to expand further. I'm thinking though of spending coins on putting buildings into inventory and changing the design of my city more often. I also have a stack of buildings in inventory that I have never used. I've reached that wonderful point where I don't really need as many coin producing buildings (I didn't believe that could happen when I first read it many moons ago). But its true. Twelve million coins and not much to spend them on. - I'm sure others have far more.
P

cobra

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
I'm on 186 and don't intend to expand further. I'm thinking though of spending coins on putting buildings into inventory and changing the design of my city more often. I also have a stack of buildings in inventory that I have never used. I've reached that wonderful point where I don't really need as many coin producing buildings (I didn't believe that could happen when I first read it many moons ago). But its true. Twelve million coins and not much to spend them on. - I'm sure others have far more.
P
I just spent one million gold on level 9 tower upgrade and would greatly appreciate it if you could loan me a few million. ;)

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
I have 157. I have my buildings split about 2/3 commercial and 1/3 passenger, but like many have pretty much upgraded anything that requires coins as far as they can go, so coins are piling up (I have 5m sitting around). That said, I'm going back through every flight level trying to get Expert on all of them, so I'm guessing this (the coin stockpile) will be eaten in to once I retire my Giants in favor of Thunderbirds and Condors. Buying 5 Thunderbirds and a Condor or two will eat in to that pile.

But you are right, there is a certain point where the coins are a bit meaningless and anything left you need to do requires greenies.

Why do you need more land? The beauty of this game is that you have to manage a lot of things with limited resources. When I compare the situation in 2015 and now, the major limitations is actually 100 items, you do not need so huge number of passengers buildings like in the past to supply hundred thousand of passengers in 6 hours. That means you are not forced to purchase new land like we had been in the past. It is very easy to calculate the contribution of each building vs 1 square based on time and you can compare it with your needs.

The same applies for commercial buildings, you could calculate the income per day based on your frequency playing and you will see that there are a lot of the buildings wasting your space and population limit. By having almost unlimited land space, it makes the game more boring as you could put in your city many items without thinking about it. It all depends what you want from the game.

Removal of BMC type of buildings force players to invest into the game more than just a time comparing the past and today.

DarekK

1600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
aDarekK
I'm here (371), waiting for new land on the City side.
Screenshot_20200515-142747_Airport City.jpg

Top Bottom