Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What Time of Day Do You Receive Your Post?

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
What Time of Day Do You Receive Your Post?
In years long gone, here in the UK, first class post use to be delivered around 8.30am and second class post use to be delivered around 12.30pm. Over the years as the Post Office has undergone many changes, delivery times have also changed.

We now have only one delivery per day, and the times can vary considerably. Late morning is not unusual, sometimes the post arrives mid and/or late afternoon, sometimes it arrives early evening. Yesterday evening, it was delivered at 8.15pm, a new record, the old record use to be 7.30pm.

I would be very interested to know at what times, during the day, forum members receive their post.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

must_dash

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
must,_dash
Username
must,_dash
Small town in northern Italy, man/woman on a scooter in daylight hours.... Helmet on, strap undone.
Sun, rail and snow.

401197-995x664.jpg

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Oh the days of eating breakfast whilst opening the post (or mail :))
Our in the north of England varies from 10am to 2pm usually. Never seen it later than that.

Yes, those's were the days - Scottish smoked salmon with scrambled eggs and the morning post. The post was not edible - just to be clear.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I'm in the north of France near Lille, ours arrives by a man on a bicycle around 12.30 lunchtime. 6 days a week.

It is a wonderful image and quite traditional I would image, to have your post delivered by the man on a bicycle. But, not here in London, it is far too dangerous.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Royal Mail postal delivery times continue to fluctuate, all the more reason to migrate across to email, far more reliable and more instant. However, a certain something will be lost if and when this happens.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I live in rather large city so the distances are very short, it's the weight that's slows the mailman down. Everyone has his assigned area, first thing in the morning he picks up the mail for it and goes on his route. I don't think it's possible to give a precise time he reaches my house, it depends on how much mail he had for people earlier on his route. Most likely he shows up at the office several times because I don't think it would be humanly possible to pick up everything in one go. I imagine that when there is particular amassment, the route gets changed to optimize delivery. Usually, he's around 10, but as early as 9 and as late as 13 happens.
The equivalent of second class would be one without "priority" racket, it gets delivered with the next day mail.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The post arrived unusally early this morning at 9.30am, normally it is delivered any time between late morning and early and/or mid evening, unable to call it first class post or even second class post, but just post. Perhaps I should be grateful it is delivered at all.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Just gone 5pm and the post has just been delivered for today, the old days were better, when you knew first class post was around 8.30am (ish) and second class post was around 12.30pm (ish).

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I had to have a chat with the postman on Saturday morning, we have been getting other neighbours post, and also post from further afield. The service is not what it use it be. It is no longer first and second class post, but last class post or wrong post.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
No post today, just a great deal of junk mail, to be recycled. Brings in good money for the Postal Service, no doubt.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom