Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

v8.0 is out - discussion

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r1jac7z
Username
Pilot 1
I did notice that if you click on the hanger picture on the bottom left, then click on one of your plane's that is in air then mouse over the plane, you can spin your view of the plane. You can go to the front on it and see from the air where it's flown over. And visa versa. If you spin to the back of the plane, it gives you a view of the land it's about to flew into/over. That's about the only cool thing in the update in my opinion other than freeing up some land on the "power" side of owned land, but I'd rather cool things that actually help me. Not just make me waste more time in awe at their graphic abilities on display. But it didn't make anything easier. When you service your plane, you still have to then tell it to return to the runways if you intend to keep flying it, then send it on a flight. Where as when you used to "service" the plane it automatically returned to the runways and you would click it and tell it where you wanted to fly it to, or put it in a reserve hanger spot. It seems like it made an extra step/click to accomplish the same thing as the old way used to do. Definitely not a time saver or a more convenient way to do the same thing we used to. Just my opinion. Maybe they get paid to create more graphics and not a priority to solve dislikes that people continue to advise them of. I'd like to know how many people from here on the forum or from technical support "tickets" made the suggestions that this was the overhaul we really wanted. Hmmm.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I will try to check options for multiple users spreadsheet management.
Google sheets should be able to handle that easily. Thats how fuel rings function....at least the ones Im in. What I am more interested in is the line of contact that we may have. Im not going to waste time putting somwthing together if we dont have the ability to get the right eyes on it. Once we get a connection or two, I'll gladly get it done

Mirandair

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
046x5pmaz
Username
Mirandair
Love the new plane graphics. They are very shiny. Guest planes and air lab especially pretty.

Airport buildings are way too big compared to the town... I think the scale is way off. Not that all town buildings are to scale with each other of course. The airport operations and alliance office are just massive.

I don't think they'd allow buildings at the end of runways in real life 😱

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
With the previous
I did notice that if you click on the hanger picture on the bottom left, then click on one of your plane's that is in air then mouse over the plane, you can spin your view of the plane. You can go to the front on it and see from the air where it's flown over. And visa versa. If you spin to the back of the plane, it gives you a view of the land it's about to flew into/over. That's about the only cool thing in the update in my opinion other than freeing up some land on the "power" side of owned land, but I'd rather cool things that actually help me. Not just make me waste more time in awe at their graphic abilities on display. But it didn't make anything easier. When you service your plane, you still have to then tell it to return to the runways if you intend to keep flying it, then send it on a flight. Where as when you used to "service" the plane it automatically returned to the runways and you would click it and tell it where you wanted to fly it to, or put it in a reserve hanger spot. It seems like it made an extra step/click to accomplish the same thing as the old way used to do. Definitely not a time saver or a more convenient way to do the same thing we used to. Just my opinion. Maybe they get paid to create more graphics and not a priority to solve dislikes that people continue to advise them of. I'd like to know how many people from here on the forum or from technical support "tickets" made the suggestions that this was the overhaul we really wanted. Hmmm.
Exactly my thoughts. Except for minor freebies on the extra expansion brought about by these airplane structures, the core functionality and ease of play for the game went downhill. These graphic enhancements only add more ram resources that would make android/ios devices (with less ram) crawl and crash. Who the hell would like to open the hangar, start oogling the planes and admire the graphics? More like a downgrade to me.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
Warning...Major Rant Ahead:
The fancy new hangar is cool, and seeing the aircraft in flight is an awesome touch, but that can't be all that the "big upgrade with months of posting and delaying" has to offer.
There are so many things that can be improved on....warehouse items, fixing bugs, alliance tasking, etc. And yet it seems like very little if anything has been addressed. Is the disconnect between GI and consumer so large that they aren't aware of the many shortcomings of the game? I'm not even going to get into the money discussion, because I understand it's a business and they need funds, especially during these times. However, I expect more....much more. We have been piling up at lv 80 for years....no new progress from there....no new planes that offer different capabilities other than flying faster....no new space mission....no progress! Even collecting stars gets old after a while; couldve added a new twist to that task and make collecting stars more attractive beyond the little emblem on a forum (at least our admins gave us that with the star clubs).
It's just disappointing, and I wish that we had a way to put all the needed improvements together into one giant list and send it to them, so that at least they have a blueprint to make the game better. At least then if we don't see improvements, we know that they deliberately ignored our requests and thus the decline of the game would be on their hands. If I can see the areas of improvement, surely everyone else can as well....so why are we still in the same spot? 🤦🏿‍♂️🙄
...alright rant over. Back to our regular programming.
They are aware of the shortcomings especially on the core functionality shortcomings. They just ignore it and put money making priorities above all else. Sooner, this game would spiral down to more crappy updates - extracting more money from less and less count of players just to satisfy their need of money. This is a downgrade and not an upgrade. Last time I heard this is a strategy game and not visual game for for for seven-year olds admiring what a plane looks like in a hangar. What a crappy mess of an update!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
They are aware of the shortcomings especially on the core functionality shortcomings. They just ignore it and put money making priorities above all else. Sooner, this game would spiral down to more crappy updates - extracting more money from less and less count of players just to satisfy their need of money. This is a downgrade and not an upgrade. Last time I heard this is a strategy game and not visual game for for for seven-year olds admiring what a plane looks like in a hangar. What a crappy mess of an update!
Time will certainly tell, but my confidence in them is not very high right now

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
With the previous

Exactly my thoughts. Except for minor freebies on the extra expansion brought about by these airplane structures, the core functionality and ease of play for the game went downhill. These graphic enhancements only add more ram resources that would make android/ios devices (with less ram) crawl and crash. Who the hell would like to open the hangar, start oogling the planes and admire the graphics? More like a downgrade to me.

I think it's worse than that as the location of the buttons while you are in the hangar might easily make you made a mistake, as to sell the plane accidentally.

DexCare

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03btzrs90
Username
DexCare
I did notice that if you click on the hanger picture on the bottom left, then click on one of your plane's that is in air then mouse over the plane, you can spin your view of the plane. You can go to the front on it and see from the air where it's flown over. And visa versa. If you spin to the back of the plane, it gives you a view of the land it's about to flew into/over.
If GI do that, the size of the game will be 2m GB as Flight Simulator game, of course nobody want that size and no mobile device can carry that size too :)

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Once the plane is repaired, just click on [To Flight] to select the planes destination. There is no need to send the plane out to the pad first. Of course, the default inside the hanger brings you to the top of the list of that particular plane type. As apposed to on the pad, when selecting a flight, the default takes you to the last destination that a plane of that type was flown to.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I have only just noticed this, although 24 hours have passed since the update took place. I'm sure I would have noticed this sooner, unless it has just been added, or there is something seriously wrong with my eyes.

UNDERGROUND ROAD IN.png
UNDERGROUND ROAD OUT.png

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Ken Kyu Air

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
03mkk3ddl, 048nmfkm8
Username
KenKyu1 (item needed) and KK2 (item needed)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
What's wrong with the underground road?

The top part of the underground road works well, because it is connected to the mainroad, which then take you into the city. It looks right. The opposite end of the underground road currently takes you into the back of one of my airport buildings. I will now need to correct this by re-jigging many of my airport buildings and adding connected roads for it to look right. I look forward to this, at some point.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom