Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Update 7.22

It’s random alright. It just isn’t uniform, I.e. with equal probabilities
but we can predict for example that out of 3600 rollings, around 100 will sum 12... and around 600 will sum 7
i mean, if the dices are fair and fairly rolled...
And an imprtant point is that random but fair rolls of the die may not be a good analogy when you consider that in computing, you not have randomness. You do pseudorandom number generators of various quality. The excel RAND function or some function in Delphi, C++, Python, or other languages may not be good enough for some purposes because it might be possible to predict what would be generated. And games just other software programs are based on numbers and calculations. And yes, even us gamers use calculations.

Now this having been said, there is often a suspicion somewhere in the back of my mind about monetization in these games and what it ultimately can lead to. This is NOT entirely unfounded because I have had what I consider to be bad experiences in other games and I felt the need to walk away from them because of that. Your dream creation evolves into a nightmare. Someone actually game a talk at a gaming conference called "Let's go whaling" (see:
). This was from a president of a gaming company and he I consider to be a "Machiavelli" (it perhaps unfortunate that the name because a synonym for evil). You listen to his talk and you just want to punch your monitor (I felt that way) when listening to him speak and in sense, I consider him a slime ball but I also consider him to a be a HERO in spite of himself.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
You can recreate that pattern at home by rolling dice. Take 1 6-sided die and roll it 10 times. Then roll it 20 times. You will get very uneven distribution of the numbers (i.e., 3 sixes, 6 fives, 1 four, 3 threes, 5 twos, 2 ones).

If you are into stats, this is called random selection with replacement. Each time you roll the die, there are equal chances one number will be on top. These chances reset each time you roll the die (i.e., rolling a 5 one time has no bearing on the results from the next die roll).

If you roll the die 1000 times, you will be pretty close to an even distribution of the numbers.
The app does not give random items. It is programmed to make the game difficult so that you will be enticed to buy bonuses if you do not have one just to ensure that you can complete the event. As an example, I collect the usual mystery set bonus and could have gone to a thousand collections by now and here is the current distribution of the items - 81 / 155 / 423 / 202 / 181. Not even an equal distribution at all.

Top Bottom