Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS transfer current ipad game to iphone?

lfcawc

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
can this m=be done?
I can barely play game on iPad 2....constant crashing after being in the game for 5/10 mins..game becomes slow and unresponsive then crashes.....visiting neighbours is almost impossible...a crash occurs after trying to go from one neighbour to the next...is it worth me moving to iPhone??

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
what iPad is it? On mu iPad mini1 it runs great despite abysmaly slow ios9 so I guess any iPad should be ok, maybe except ancient history like the original iPad. Does it even run on original iPad?

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
ipad 2....it worked well before....I have a lot of apps which crash now...ever since ios9
Sorry, I obviously missed that you've stated it from the beginning.
So as iPad mini1 is a carbon copy of iPad2 internally, it should run on yours as well as on on mine. Maybe the difference is that I already had iOS9 when installed AC. Contact support, maybe they can somehow save your state as you reinstall game.

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
@greensmith

Can this be done? (im asking as you are our resident expert! (y))
I did not find out, what type of iPhone. Consider you have iPhone 5 or more. I can tell you, i had iPhone 4S, and it worked too slow, later i switch to android phone, and would not changed. For now :D

But it might be, that it will work. Try to write to GI and ans them for restore code, they will let you know. (y)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
The only way I could see transferring an AC game from an iPad to an iPhone is to do a backup on the iPad, then reset your iPhone back to its "blank" state, then try to restore the iPad backup onto the iPhone. It's risky and I don't know if it would even work. You might want to ask Apple support if it is even possible.
Unfortunately, there's no way of transferring a single app from one device to another. You might also want to ask GI support if they can give you a code that would do the transfer.
Cheers,
Tom

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@lfcawc I'm sorry I mislead you. I've did some more testing and indeed - after visiting few (2-3) neighbors with very big cities the game crashes inevitably. I haven't noticed it either because I tried it on people with smaller cities. As iPad2/iPad mini1 have only 512MB of ram and this bug is clearly dependent on complexity I think it's a memory leak.
So to answer your question: I think that playing on iDevices with more ram (eg iPhone 5 and 6 have twice the ram and 6s has 4 times more) should make this bug happen less often.
Or we can hope devs will fix it, eventually.

Free2Play Any word on that bug? iPad mini 1, iOS 9.2.1

Rsorour

1200+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Rsorour
@lfcawc ...I am dealing with the same symptoms ... I have been limping along since I upgraded to iOS 9. After assessing the situation and reDing other testimonials and complaints, I summarized the options we have:

Option A: do nothing and wait for update that supposedly will resolve memory leak issue. Not sure of the timeline but Ivan promised early this year. It could be the next update. Ivan and Team will be working on developing a defragmented version that is more stable with older devices. That's what I was told. If is an interaction between a complex game, an older device, and a slow iOS 9, then I'm not sure if update will resolve the problem as our thorn in the neck will be the iOS 9 situation.

Option B: contact G!; request a restore code; delete app and re-install. Tread Very carefully here as I got to know with the latest quest that many of our games have not sync'd with G! Servers since December and may be even earlier. If your Walk in the Clouds buildings have not recieved any neighbor visits, then your game most likely is stuck in the past and you will lose a lot of progress.

Option C: upgrade your hardware. If this doesn't solve the problem, then we are doomed. According to @Jamiegsi who had the same issues, the game worked fine on iPad Air when it was transferred from an ipad2.

I hope this helps
Ramy

Last edited:
Top Bottom