Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows To QL or Not To QL: That Is The Question?

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I'm often amazed at the number of QL's members have at their disposal. In all my game play, I have only ever had one QL to use, and that came about as a result of completing the red launch flights (green and blue launch flights are yet to be completed).

I know QL's can also be obtained by completing the following - The Theory of Everything, The Outer Limits and Magnificent Desolation. Is that it? I know you can also buy them at an obscene price, which I very much doubt, anyone would do.

I just have the feeling I'm missing something very important and I'm hoping you will be able to enlighten me. I would like to have more QL to use, also as a way of thanking all of you for the QL's I have made use of throughout my 70 levels of gameplay.

I have created this new thread so as to keep all written feedback located in just one place. It may proved to be useful to other flyers.

I very much look forward to hearing from you in due course and reading your feedback.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
get full set of green maps (1 of each 5). Gather 600 landing lamps, have all your passengers buildings ready to collect. Maybe you will need or maybe even not bonuses (family ticket or alarm clock). Activate golden dice and sky captain (you can also use other bonuses like business class just for money gathering purposes). You try to have as many turboprops as you can. Activate 1 map (3 hours) and try to do 150 flights, after those 3 hours use second map and do the same (to have full usage of bonuses). after golden dice expire wait for your passengers building to replenish and repeat the process with other maps.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
For me, It's really easy, Just have enough Green's maps and Landing Lamps and you can get 10-12 QLs in a single day by flying and it does not take much Passengers and fuel.

Many thanks for your reply - I'm not sure what you mean by green maps and what type of plane and which destination, in order to obtain 10-12 QL's in a day?

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Green maps are the maps you get as a reward for finishing first in green launches (the Apogee mission) next to the golden 'Master of the Universe' chest (with the fuel, silver tokens and other items). The map chest is green and is called 'Interstellar Set'. It contains a time-based map for Turboprops to one of five destinations: Novosibirsk, Bangalore, Edmonton, Perth or Berkeley.

http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Interstellar_Set

Last edited:

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Completing the collections of these five destinations give you a reward building and a reward item per destination. Add all five reward items to one collection 'The Theory of Everything' and you'll receive the QL and per three completions another reward building (max pop +50).

Novosibirsk: 'Spacewalk' collection: http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Spacewalk
Bangalore: 'Test Pilot' collection: http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Test_Pilot
Edmonton: 'Space Medicine': http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Space_Medicine
Perth: 'Astrochemistry' collection: http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Astrochemistry
Berkeley: 'The Wonders of Physics': http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wonders_of_Physics

Together they make 'The Theory of Everything' (with reward QL): http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/The_Theory_of_Everything

Last edited:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
@Wasted Eagle - many thanks for both your post's and for taking the time to answer my questions. I really do like detailed answers to questions and that is one of the things I like about your style.......the detail when replying to post's..........thanks also for all the links.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

I'm just going through this process now and have 4 of the 5 green maps. Still need that darn Bangalore one but I'm also not flying a ton of green of late with all the recent events.

I've been doing it more piecemeal because I usually only have an hour or two to commit at a time. It's not the most efficient in terms of usage of the golden dice but I still get 75-100 flights on each map.

The biggest thing I've learned is that you can never have enough passenger buildings. I'll be building a bunch more with the next expansion so I have enough passengers to support 100+ flights. I'm ok on fuel since I joined Wasted's fuel ring...I figure I can fly a map about every 10 days.

This is good practice for the alliance and excavation destinations too.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I'm just going through this process now and have 4 of the 5 green maps. Still need that darn Bangalore one but I'm also not flying a ton of green of late with all the recent events.

I've been doing it more piecemeal because I usually only have an hour or two to commit at a time. It's not the most efficient in terms of usage of the golden dice but I still get 75-100 flights on each map.

The biggest thing I've learned is that you can never have enough passenger buildings. I'll be building a bunch more with the next expansion so I have enough passengers to support 100+ flights. I'm ok on fuel since I joined Wasted's fuel ring...I figure I can fly a map about every 10 days.

This is good practice for the alliance and excavation destinations too.

Yes, you are quite right, never enough passengers. It is something I have recently improved on and will do so again, once the land discount window re-opens. Fortunately, I have enough green notes to purchase two plots of land. Many thanks for your post.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Yes, you are quite right, never enough passengers. It is something I have recently improved on and will do so again, once the land discount window re-opens. Fortunately, I have enough green notes to purchase two plots of land. Many thanks for your post.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Yeah, I'll be getting a couple plots too and adding buildings.

If you need riders so you can get the maps let me know. It's hard to find astronauts for green launches sometimes.

As has been said, green maps. I started slowly by doing green launch's and got plenty of maps, also keep a TP or two going to turkey to build up your landing lamps then when you have a few hundred lamps activate a map with a GD bonus and start to build up all the items. Once this has been done on each map you will build the collections to get your QLs. This is by far the easiest way and once you start to do the green map destinations you will have a stock of those items for collections and you can then have a steady steam of QLs. I try to do runs to green map destinations every time I activate a GD for other reasons, either as part of a quest or doing my neighbours visits so I get the maximum benefit of using the GD's and just build up the items for the QL collections.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
I'd suggest that you roughly calculate how many passengers can you have in 3 hours (full terminal + buildings you can collect + buildings that will replenish during those 3 hours). Per 1 flight you need 37 passengers and then you will have approximate number of flights you can do in 1 round. Add 51 fuel per flight and you'll see how many fuel you need to gather. Also you'll know how many landing lams you need.
Then you can do a strategy on how many flights per map can you do.
Repeat all for 5 maps and you'll have plenty of QLs.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Having a Family Ticket bonus out of one of the Mystery Chests is definitely a , uhmmm, bonus. :ROFLMAO::sorry:
It doubles the base output from every passenger building in your city for two hours. That means twice the amount of passengers...

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Yeah, I'll be getting a couple plots too and adding buildings.

If you need riders so you can get the maps let me know. It's hard to find astronauts for green launches sometimes.

I will do, many thanks. I always post a thread for launch flights.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
As has been said, green maps. I started slowly by doing green launch's and got plenty of maps, also keep a TP or two going to turkey to build up your landing lamps then when you have a few hundred lamps activate a map with a GD bonus and start to build up all the items. Once this has been done on each map you will build the collections to get your QLs. This is by far the easiest way and once you start to do the green map destinations you will have a stock of those items for collections and you can then have a steady steam of QLs. I try to do runs to green map destinations every time I activate a GD for other reasons, either as part of a quest or doing my neighbours visits so I get the maximum benefit of using the GD's and just build up the items for the QL collections.

Many thanks for your detailed reply and for taking the time to do.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I'd suggest that you roughly calculate how many passengers can you have in 3 hours (full terminal + buildings you can collect + buildings that will replenish during those 3 hours). Per 1 flight you need 37 passengers and then you will have approximate number of flights you can do in 1 round. Add 51 fuel per flight and you'll see how many fuel you need to gather. Also you'll know how many landing lams you need.
Then you can do a strategy on how many flights per map can you do.
Repeat all for 5 maps and you'll have plenty of QLs.

Many thanks for your detailed reply. I will do so, it is good advice.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
As far as passengers go would it be a good investment to buy some Stone Castles from the CMB greenies?

Yes, these are a good investment. 36/passengers/hour without any bonuses. Add a metro park or some other bonuses and some people are receiving over 100 passengers/hour per castle. They also drop all the items for the Running Wild collection.

Buy one a week or with the leftover greens after expanding your land.

Top Bottom