Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Recent S3 map runners?

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Good morning.
I was wondering if anyone tried to fly purple maps recently?
I did 25 flights to Bilbao with 0 drops. Then moved to Acapulco, first 25 flights 0 drops, then it changed and I did get 6 drops from 66 flights (total).
Only Golden Dice bonus was activated. Tried to restart the game several times, as well as my internet connection.
Is it really that hard to get items needed for S3 Condor?

Good morning.
I did 25 flights to Bilbao with 0 drops. Then moved to Acapulco, first 25 flights 0 drops, then it changed and I did get 6 drops from 66 flights (total).
Only Golden Dice bonus was activated. Tried to restart the game several times, as well as my internet connection.
Im afraid it really is that hard. I saved for months and ended up with 3 S3 Condors but it still took 250-300 flights of each of the 6 destinations so about 6-7% drop rate (if my maths is right!) This was running GD and business class. I found the drops were worse when I ran GD and Sky Capt. together.
This is where the 100 limit really bites as I wouldn’t start a map run until I had enough resources to quick return all the flights in one sitting.

Im afraid it really is that hard. I saved for months and ended up with 3 S3 Condors but it still took 250-300 flights of each of the 6 destinations so about 6-7% drop rate (if my maths is right!) This was running GD and business class. I found the drops were worse when I ran GD and Sky Capt. together.
This is where the 100 limit really bites as I wouldn’t start a map run until I had enough resources to quick return all the flights in one sitting.
My avg was about the same and I also ran SC for the extra coins. Interestingly, I've found giants to have the worst drop rate at right at 5%

Good morning.
The best thing to get a good drop is (as i always do):
1- send minimum 5 planes from same type
2- Active GD, SC
3- try to do more than 200 flights on each map if you active the 5 maps

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
So I did little experiment yesterday and I must say I was really surprised. I know there is general rule that almost everybody is telling and thats use only Golden Dice bonus, no other bonuses with it when flying these maps. I know only @Husam who is recommending combining it with Sky Captain. So, I know you cannot say that this formula will repeat every time, but still, look at the numbers:

Collection - How to win Friends / S3 Swift

Tegucigalpa - 100 flights * 2 drops * no bonus
Cartagena - 100 flights * 8 drops * golden dice bonus
La Paz - 100 flights * 15 drops * golden dice + sky captain bonus

I would love to see if more people can back up this theory, that you get better drop rates with these two bonuses combined.

So I did little experiment yesterday and I must say I was really surprised. I know there is general rule that almost everybody is telling and thats use only Golden Dice bonus, no other bonuses with it when flying these maps. I know only @Husam who is recommending combining it with Sky Captain. So, I know you cannot say that this formula will repeat every time, but still, look at the numbers:

I would love to see if more people can back up this theory, that you get better drop rates with these two bonuses combined.
Problem is you have different destinations and different map. To be sure 1 map same for each combination. My experience is GD and SC reduces the drops. You had a good day.

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
It is good point with the maps. I didn´t fly many purple maps so far, but with Golden Dice only I am between 7-12 % drop rate. I was expecting worse drop rate with SC as many users claim, so I was really surprised with 15%.
I will surely try it more often and see what results will there be.

Good Job (y);)

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
So it took 89 flights with GD bonus to get 6 Yacht Hulls from Bilbao. So 6,7% drop rate this time. And last week it was Monaco again, this time only 50 flights with 5 drops, that was 10%, Vaduz 82 flights for 6 drops - 7% and Luxemburg 92 flights for 6 drops, so 6,5%. All using GD only.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
So it took 89 flights with GD bonus to get 6 Yacht Hulls from Bilbao. So 6,7% drop rate this time. And last week it was Monaco again, this time only 50 flights with 5 drops, that was 10%, Vaduz 82 flights for 6 drops - 7% and Luxemburg 92 flights for 6 drops, so 6,5%. All using GD only.
Not dissimilar to my runs without GD then?
105 flights to Tegucigalpa, 6 drops
104 flights to La Paz, 6 drops
85 flights to San Pedro Sula, 3 drops
No bonus active on any flight.

Edit, all within the last month

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
As for my flights, it seems that GD doubles the chance of drop as I was getting 2-6% without any bonuses. But still, you have to have a lucky day to get more drops as it seems.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Rumour has it, that combining Potion of Luck with GD does wonders for drop rates. I'm yet to try it though. The flights in question however were adventure maps - I'd be interested to see the results.
I'm planning a significant map run soon, I'll feed back afterwards.

Top Bottom