Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

QL Parties?

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03cgn0e90
Username
PCakz
Can someone explain these to me in a little more depth or point me towards a guide as to how to be most effective with them and how they proceed generally speaking?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
A launch is usually 24 hours. If 1 person activates the Quantum Leap (QL) bonus, it shortens the launch for everybody by 90% (so about 2 1/2 hours). If a second person activates QL, it shortens the launch another 90% (so about 15 minutes). Third QL = 1 1/2 minutes. 4th QL is essentially instant return

Fly Holland (RIP)

600+ Star Club
Sadly Missed
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Ask via PM
Username
FlyH - plus what I need
  • usually the players with the QL are allowed to take the top spots, unless these players or the launch host state otherwise. Often the QL players allow other players that do not bring in a QL to take the top spots for some of the launchesof the QL party. If this is the case, this is announced before the launch.
  • the players without a QL stay under a maximum number of points, to allow more participants to join and to prevent someone from accidentally take a top spot. The maximum number of points is usually announced in the player name of the player that hosts the launch, something like “FH max 256 pts“.
  • if a launch has multiple QL‘s, everyone should hold back in the points to allow all QL players to join the launch. Often this is announced in the host name, something like “FH wait 3QL”.
  • make sure you have enough preparations to start the number of launches you want to join or host.
  • make sure you have enough fuel to invest the points for the top spots. In a QL party you burn resources extremely fast.
  • the launch chat is a great place to announce and coordinate launches.
  • This announcement of a recent QL party also gives some insight in how a QL party proceeds. https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/4ql-party-completed.36305/#post-502898

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03cgn0e90
Username
PCakz
  • usually the players with the QL are allowed to take the top spots, unless these players or the launch host state otherwise. Often the QL players allow other players that do not bring in a QL to take the top spots for some of the launchesof the QL party. If this is the case, this is announced before the launch.
  • the players without a QL stay under a maximum number of points, to allow more participants to join and to prevent someone from accidentally take a top spot. The maximum number of points is usually announced in the player name of the player that hosts the launch, something like “FH max 256 pts“.
  • if a launch has multiple QL‘s, everyone should hold back in the points to allow all QL players to join the launch. Often this is announced in the host name, something like “FH wait 3QL”.
  • make sure you have enough preparations to start the number of launches you want to join or host.
  • make sure you have enough fuel to invest the points for the top spots. In a QL party you burn resources extremely fast.
  • the launch chat is a great place to announce and coordinate launches.
  • This announcement of a recent QL party also gives some insight in how a QL party proceeds. https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/4ql-party-completed.36305/#post-502898

Thanks, the example QL was helpful. Do you know of any resources for quickly calculating fuel needed?

Thanks, the example QL was helpful. Do you know of any resources for quickly calculating fuel needed?
If you add 1 of each launch fuel you get a sum of 576 points
Liquid fuel = 2 points
Small fuel tank = 6 points
Additional stabilizer = 12 points
Explosive bolt = 24 points
Solid fuel = 12 points
Large fuel tank = 40
Main stabilizer = 120 points
Powerful explosive bolt = 360

The Space Launch Guide has an image showing the points per fuel item.

Basically if you put in one of everything (Liquid Fuel through Powerful Explosive Bolt) = 576 points.
One of everything through Main Stabilizer = 256 points.
Since the MS and PEB are the highest point values, it usually makes sense that someone in a QL party should invest at least one or more of those to take a 1-2-3 position.

If you're involved with a QL party it usually doesn't take more than 12-96 points for seat on the rocket, of which up to 44 points are easily purchased with coins. Most QL parties are welcome to all comers as long as they don't hijack a seat that has already been promised to someone else.

The biggest limiting factor for a QL party (in my opinion) is not fuel so much as launch preps. If you get going in a QL party, you can easily burn through a lot of launch preps very quickly. On the flip side, that's also a great way to build up your Launch Ready kits or fuel in a short amount of time, since you get 3-4 Launch Ready kits per launch and can join a launch without using any of them. I went from 40 Launch Ready kits to 80+ last week during a Green QL party since I wasn't putting in more than 96 in a single launch (Liquid Fuel through Large Fuel Tank - I had plenty of LFTs and Solid Fuel in reserves already). And 96 points would pretty consistently get me anywhere between a Bronze kit or Turquoise kit (4th through 8th?) for very little invested.

that also depends on the number of players joining the launch.
if you join such a party with forum members, I suggest that you stay low in some launches at the beginning (say, something between 12 to 96 points) and examine what happens. don't fill up nor add the final points unless the host says it's ok to do so

Top Bottom