Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Playing on Trail - or not?

Hey guys - need your help. For those of you who now me, I have been playing over 8 years, thus my game is quite precious. I play on windows, and when my last laptop started failing, I switched to Trail. I have long history of needing to take windows back ups and restore games, and thought Trail would help, and it has, no real complaints. In fact the Friday bonuses are better on Trail.

Now I have 965 stars, and have 3starred all normal destinations, so am working through maps. I am playing to 3 star the map destinations and collect all those buildings I haven't got. My problem is that Trail has not had ANY of the last 5 events, at least. One thing the "new" event format has is many bonus opportunities, and these bonuses really help get the map collections, really help, so I want to play events again.

My understanding with Trail was that you could play multiple devices at once and link your progress. I think I need to download the windows game, play on windows but link to trail, so I get the events on windows, but can also collect the trail Friday bonuses. I am terrified of losing 8 years of playing and all I have built up in my game.

HELP! - welcome your words of advice and wisdom, especially from anyone who has done the same.
question.png

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
pixie
Hey, there are guides on this page to connect your progress to different devices. If I was you I would connect it to my phone Android or IOS and collect the friday bonuses on windows, cause they have the better ones. But you can't play the same account on different devices at the same time and you need to give some window when changing the device just because you need to grab your progress from the cloud.

Hey guys - need your help. For those of you who now me, I have been playing over 8 years, thus my game is quite precious. I play on windows, and when my last laptop started failing, I switched to Trail. I have long history of needing to take windows back ups and restore games, and thought Trail would help, and it has, no real complaints. In fact the Friday bonuses are better on Trail.

Now I have 965 stars, and have 3starred all normal destinations, so am working through maps. I am playing to 3 star the map destinations and collect all those buildings I haven't got. My problem is that Trail has not had ANY of the last 5 events, at least. One thing the "new" event format has is many bonus opportunities, and these bonuses really help get the map collections, really help, so I want to play events again.

My understanding with Trail was that you could play multiple devices at once and link your progress. I think I need to download the windows game, play on windows but link to trail, so I get the events on windows, but can also collect the trail Friday bonuses. I am terrified of losing 8 years of playing and all I have built up in my game.

HELP! - welcome your words of advice and wisdom, especially from anyone who has done the same.
View attachment 67531
My suggestion is download the game from GI website, so you get double bonus always, it is same to windows in terms of coding and hence has events too

My suggestion is download the game from GI website, so you get double bonus always, it is same to windows in terms of coding and hence has events too
Thank you. I had searched the wiki, but following your post checked out the User submitted guides, and i think it will work. Difference is my main game is on trail, and I am starting a new laptop game. So i think i download the game from the web, and then link with the code on trail settings. Just want to make sure i retain the main trail game and don't overwrite it. I am on holiday at the moment, so it will be a job when home at the weekend I think.

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
I have, in fact, made the switch from Trail to Windows.

1. Download the Airport City GI app. (Official Desktop App)
2. Link your progress. Do you have a White Whale? If so, you know how to do this. Let me know if you need more elaboration.

You must be very careful when linking your progress. Otherwise, you might lose all of your progress and start back at level 1. I don't think you'd want to do that!
However, if that does happen, QUICKLY close out or refresh. Your changes shouldn't be saved if you do that.

Hope this helps.

I have, in fact, made the switch from Trail to Windows.

1. Download the Airport City GI app. (Official Desktop App)
2. Link your progress. Do you have a White Whale? If so, you know how to do this. Let me know if you need more elaboration.

You must be very careful when linking your progress. Otherwise, you might lose all of your progress and start back at level 1. I don't think you'd want to do that!
However, if that does happen, QUICKLY close out or refresh. Your changes shouldn't be saved if you do that.

Hope this helps.
I do have a white whale, so should be ok, fingers crossed!

Ok - thanks for your help @paula and @Sai - I have successfully done it and am playing on the windows app.

Now last stupid question of the day - I assume thats it, I just open the windows app each time and don't log onto Trail again? - do I need to link my progress any more, or will that now happen automatically.

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
Ok - thanks for your help @paula and @Sai - I have successfully done it and am playing on the windows app.

Now last stupid question of the day - I assume thats it, I just open the windows app each time and don't log onto Trail again? - do I need to link my progress any more, or will that now happen automatically.
You can log into Trail if you want. It should have the same game as your Windows, as long as you press the most recent option.

Did you make sure to get the GI version? If you have the GI version instead of the Microsoft Store version, you can get better weekend bonuses. :)

You can log into Trail if you want. It should have the same game as your Windows, as long as you press the most recent option.

Did you make sure to get the GI version? If you have the GI version instead of the Microsoft Store version, you can get better weekend bonuses. :)
Yes, i went to the same site as the bonuses - gigam.es etc I think it was.
Thanks.jpg

@ItsRalphy , obviously there are some people that have managed to make this work. I have to admit that the number of screwups and complaints that were posted early on has made me not want to go near Trail. I did go through the process a couple of times to get the WW, but had enough issues to not want to do it regularly. One issue that is a complete pain in the a$$ for people in gifting rings are the players that switch to trail each weekend for the extra bonuses and then switch back to their devices. Every time they switch over, they are dropped from everyone else’s favourites list🥴 🤬.

Good luck😉!

Cheers 😀🍻.

@ItsRalphy , obviously there are some people that have managed to make this work. I have to admit that the number of screwups and complaints that were posted early on has made me not want to go near Trail. I did go through the process a couple of times to get the WW, but had enough issues to not want to do it regularly. One issue that is a complete pain in the a$$ for people in gifting rings are the players that switch to trail each weekend for the extra bonuses and then switch back to their devices. Every time they switch over, they are dropped from everyone else’s favourites list🥴 🤬.

Good luck😉!

Cheers 😀🍻.
Thanks @Bob69bob - I am doing it for the events and the bonuses you get from them. don't want to keep swapping so may sacrifice the extra rewards - last thing I want is a pain in the a$$ process each week - lets see.
Fingers crossed.png

Good luck😉!

Cheers 😀🍻.
So, i clicked on the link in the post, confirmed I had the game on the windows app, and it opened and gave me the bonus no problem. No faff. Think this is because it is the app version, not the original windows download. Phew!
ok.jpg

HahAti

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
One issue that is a complete pain in the a$$ for people in gifting rings are the players that switch to trail each weekend for the extra bonuses and then switch back to their devices. Every time they switch over, they are dropped from everyone else’s favourites list🥴 🤬.
A-HA! This has been bugging me for a while and I did not know why it's happening. Thatnks for clearing it up :)

To stay on topic: has anyone connected Windows Store game with or transitioned to standalone app game? Can it be done? I already have Trail on laptop for the times I can't use the computer.

A-HA! This has been bugging me for a while and I did not know why it's happening. Thatnks for clearing it up :)

To stay on topic: has anyone connected Windows Store game with or transitioned to standalone app game? Can it be done? I already have Trail on laptop for the times I can't use the computer.
I have gone from trail to the windows app game, thats all if it helps = details top of this thread. Good luck!

Paula

350+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
04YRYSMQ0
Username
Paula [items needed]
I use one device for both my games. My support game is on Trail because I don't play events on there. My main game is on Windows so I can play the events. This way I never have to switch accounts. (Which I had to do when I had both games on Trail, it was a big hassle.)

Zandy

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
  2. None of the above
Username
Zandy

Just realize that if you play the same email address on 2 separate apps, there is going to be a lag that can be as long as 30 minutes. So if you get your bonus, land some planes on the Windows desktop app, Trail many not immediately see what you just did. Same with iOS and trail, I have seen the same lag there.

I used to run one email address on Edge and another email on Chrome. Since I can't get events off trail, I now run the email from Chrome on the Windows Desktop that I downloaded from GI, not the MS store.

Top Bottom