Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Player name/level bug - temporary resolution

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
We all have friends (me included) whose names and game levels are not current. For all PC players who have such friends I found fast way to get their correct name/level. Just open the game and friend list, scroll to the name of player (most often incorrect name player is visible). Easy solution is to just press game icon at the bottom of the screen (game will be put in background). Then press again and game will pop up in full window. Repeat the process several time until correct name is shown (i tested it for last hour and at least for me highest number of repeats was 10 (usually within 2-3 tries).
Please test it and send a comments.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
here it is

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 126
We all have friends (me included) whose names and game levels are not current. For all PC players who have such friends I found fast way to get their correct name/level. Just open the game and friend list, scroll to the name of player (most often incorrect name player is visible). Easy solution is to just press game icon at the bottom of the screen (game will be put in background). Then press again and game will pop up in full window. Repeat the process several time until correct name is shown (i tested it for last hour and at least for me highest number of repeats was 10 (usually within 2-3 tries).
I did it twice at 10x each. Still can't visit @M22 :(:(:( Didn't seem to correct game levels on some of my other neighbors, either. Certainly was worth a try, tho!!! Thanks.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Kesh YEAH! It works! Just minimize/restore until it eventually work! You just need to wait a bit after restoring for the game to actually come back to life (the list can be scrolled). On PC it's easiest with alt-tab.
(You're referring to taskbar icon, which is visible after the game is minimized but I understood it's supposed to be visible when the game is on the screen. Anyway, you can move the taskbar to the top or side, so it's not necessarily on the bottom : )

@crescent moon With M22 it's different bug, I believe. His name never change, yet his city can be never visited.

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
@Kesh YEAH! It works! Just minimize/restore until it eventually work! You just need to wait a bit after restoring for the game to actually come back to life (the list can be scrolled). On PC it's easiest with alt-tab.
(You're referring to taskbar icon, which is visible after the game is minimized but I understood it's supposed to be visible when the game is on the screen. Anyway, you can move the taskbar to the top or side, so it's not necessarily on the bottom : )

@crescent moon With M22 it's different bug, I believe. His name never change, yet his city can be never visited.
that's the one, couldn't remember the exact name, glad it works, at least on pc

OK - I'll try this again (my last post messed up)

I know it is working because the "add" tab adds 4 new names each time. But, for example, @wydaho still shows level 54. Maybe GI's servers aren't updated yet???

Maybe to try with someone else (I'm sometimes Sheekee, level 10, sometimes Kesh level 60)
You've always been #Kesh level 60 on my game. And Joe7 used to be A/whiteboard on occasion, but he's been Joe7 continuously for the last month or so. I don't think there are any others on my game with name differences - Except sometimes when someone puts what they want in their name. I'll watch those to see if they update.

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
It works on Windows RT. Just have to tinker and fiddle a bit with it. I see the name change back to bugged name before I can tap visit. Hopeful! (y)

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Yesterday ALL my neighbours had the correct names and games. I was able to visit them all! I opened and closed my game at least 10 times during the day and they all stayed correct! Hopeful again!(y)

Top Bottom