Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

One year later

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Wow ... how quickly a year goes by.

Tomorrow will be exactly 1 year since I started this game - not Airport City in general, I started in 2012 and played for years and took a few years off - but THIS game, the city I'm working on now. After a 3+ year break, some things had changed (100 cap in warehouse, only two runways, ...) and some things didn't (visit planetariums and land guest planes). So I had a good idea of strategy for early game play. Thanks to everyone who let me visit your planetariums when I was a level 7 player.

I set some lofty goals, level 80 within 6 months, upgrade townhall, all airport buildings, and have all industry buildings within a year, get to 500 stars. Big goals right? But this game isn't played in isolation ... actually with the pandemic, we've all been in isolation. This game isn't played alone. You will get a lot further with help. Especially in this forum.

@Barkmi4 (Mike) helped me start thinking about fleet management and goals I hadn't thought about. So I now have 6 Louvre and all the adventure buildings you acquire along the way. I've also made a decent dent in the items required for Tower of London and started on the next group of adventure flights.

@FlyingViking was one of the first members of the tiny alliance I inherited from someone who stopped playing. He challenged me every step of the way. Although he started after me, he was flying more passengers and I couldn't let that happen so I upped my game - he still flies more pax than me easily although I can pretty consistently fly 200k pax in a week now (well beyond any plan I had). But instead of just having all core buildings paid for and upgraded, FlyingViking challenged me to add pax buildings too so I also have all the 2x2 passenger buildings - including the super expensive ones. Easily 85m spent on core buildings.

And because of both of them, I hit 600 stars yesterday (rather than the 500 goal I had set)

@Ken Kyu Air showed me how to run EPIC QL parties. I counted 50 people on one of the launches. I think we (Ken Kyu mostly) coordinated 70 that day across multiple time zones having a live update spreadsheet that everyone was watching - paired with the super awesome chat that @Dave introduced this year.

Another accomplishment I hadn't planned on was growing a tiny alliance to level 7 and consistently getting in the top 100. Although this was "OUR" accomplishment, not my accomplishment. I've had the privilege of flying with some super amazing people - @FlyingViking @Verna @zjakefrmst8farm @Wratch3t @methacrylate @Nit Nit @tjy89 were the earliest members but we were joined by other awesome people including @cobra @ArditoDesio @DrB @Fly Holland @LuvCatsGames @Martin L. @RapTox and @STNV.

We have now merged with the Musketeers - thanks @FlyingViking @Barkmi4 (Mike) @Husam and @TimP for the very smooth transition and soft landing.

I don't know what goals I will set for the 2nd year yet. But I know I won't accomplish them without this forum. So for that, thank you @Dave. And thanks everyone for the tips and help along the way. I couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited:

Tomorrow will be exactly 1 year since I started this game - not Airport City in general, I started in 2012 and played for years and took a few years off - but THIS game, the city I'm working on now. After a 3+ year break, some things had changed (100 cap in warehouse, only two runways, ...) and some things didn't (visit planetariums and land guest planes). So I had a good idea of strategy for early game play. Thanks to everyone who let me visit your planetariums when I was a level 7 player.

I set some lofty goals, level 80 within 6 months, upgrade townhall, all airport buildings, and have all industry buildings within a year, get to 500 stars. Big goals right? But this game isn't played in isolation ... actually with the pandemic, we've all been in isolation. This game isn't played alone. You will get a lot further with help. Especially in this forum.

@Barkmi4 (Mike) helped me start thinking about fleet management and goals I hadn't thought about. So I now have 6 Louvre and all the adventure buildings you acquire along the way. I've also made a decent dent in the items required for Tower of London and started on the next group of adventure flights.

@FlyingViking was one of the first members of the tiny alliance I inherited from someone who stopped playing. He challenged me every step of the way. Although he started after me, he was flying more passengers and I couldn't let that happen so I upped my game - he still flies more pax than me easily although I can pretty consistently fly 200k pax in a week now (well beyond any plan I had). But instead of just having all core buildings paid for and upgraded, FlyingViking challenged me to add pax buildings too so I also have all the 2x2 passenger buildings - including the super expensive ones. Easily 85m spent on core buildings.

And because of both of them, I hit 600 stars yesterday (rather than the 500 goal I had set)

@Ken Kyu Air showed me how to run EPIC QL parties. I counted 50 people on one of the launches. I think we (Ken Kyu mostly) coordinated 70 that day across multiple time zones having a live update spreadsheet that everyone was watching - paired with the super awesome chat that @Dave introduced this year.

Another accomplishment I hadn't planned on was growing a tiny alliance to level 7 and consistently getting in the top 100. Although this was "OUR" accomplishment, not my accomplishment. I've had the privilege of flying with some super amazing people - @FlyingViking @Verna @zjakefrmst8farm @Wratch3t @methacrylate @Nit Nit @tjy89 were the earliest members but we were joined by other awesome people including @cobra @ArditoDesio @DrB @Fly Holland @LuvCatsGames @Martin L. @RapTox and @STNV.

We have now merged with the Musketeers - thanks @FlyingViking @Barkmi4 (Mike) @Husam and @TimP for the very smooth transition and soft landing.

I don't know what goals I will set for the 2nd year yet. But I know I won't accomplish them without this forum. So for that, thank you @Dave. And thanks everyone for the tips and help along the way. I couldn't have done it without you.
2nd year is to get the S3 planes start to save alliance maps ;)
Its a pleasure to be with us in the Musketeers

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
2nd year is to get the S3 planes start to save alliance maps ;)
Its a pleasure to be with us in the Musketeers
I was lucky to get an S3 giant in the mysterious airplane box. Now I realize how slow a plain jumbo and eagle are. But I still need to
- get thunderbirds and condors flying. (done now)
- finish the red space maps to increase my terminal capacity (done now)
- finish the Tower of London
- get all 3x3 passenger buildings (done now)
- fly 1/2m in a week (done now)
- get 6 Notre Dames and 6 Kremlins
- hoping to get 300 stars in year two (that will be super hard)
- and yes, start on alliance maps :)

Last edited:
I was lucky to get an S3 giant in the mysterious airplane box. Now I realize how slow a plain jumbo and eagle are. But I still need to
- get thunderbirds and condors flying.
- finish the red space maps to increase my terminal capacity
- finish the Tower of London
- get all 3x3 passenger buildings
- fly 1/2m in a week
- get 6 Notre Dames and 6 Kremlins
- hoping to get 300 stars in year two (that will be super hard)
- and yes, start on alliance maps :)
Busy year for you and good luck (y)
I am happy to support you if you need anything ;)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Congrats on the achievements :) its been a pleasure flying with you and looking forward to many more months... Years... Of it. :)
Where are your star banners? You're almost at 350!

I expect to see you posting in the Star Club for your banner once you hit 350 ... although you should already have the 150 banner!

Neil ellor

1300+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
Captain tneil, 044gapqe
Username
Captain tneil, Captain Ne2
Well done Chloe you have achieved so much in just a year since restarting.
Can I thank you for everything you have done with wiki, old timers need a little help sometimes :finger:
For introducing me to some of the new high flying neighbours who I have tagged along with, plenty of launches
But most of all just being there for a chat now and again when I get bored of work
Keep it going and reaching for the stars ;):D:)(y)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Wow, these are some really BHAGs (Big, Hairy, Audacious Goals). I am inspired by what you do and can't wait to begin my own runs for these Alliance map quests. With love, support, and so many thanks for all you continue to do. 🤗

👧⛽
N
LOL - you know the term BHAG. I actually heard him speak at a conference

@Chloe11111 - massive thank you. In just 1 year, you have become a star of this forum, helping so many people, well done and thanks.
star.jpg

Cazagusto

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04e7160p8
Username
Cazagusto

Hi @Chloe11111

Read your comment about gathering itens for the Tower of London, and would like to ask you something, perhaps you have a clue for what's happened to me...

I've got three alliance mission flights this week, all of them related to Tower of London (Dresden, Muskat and Maracay), and then decided to try getting at least 10 itens from one of the destinations. I've used the tactics I applied for obtaining my 6 Colliseums and 6 Aztecs Pyramids: gather a large amount of fuel (mainly a whole week of F20 received as gifts from neighbours) and the application of bonuses simultaneously (Dice, Golden Dice, Spyglass an Sky Captain) to increase dropping chances by 400%. But it didn't work at all, not a single item dropped in 60 flights to Maracay and Muskat (for Pyramids an Coliseums, I had drop rates from 38% to 67%, recorded that in an Excel spreadsheet)!

So, this could be related to the amount of flights that these destinations needed to collect stars (much more than the ordinary destinations), or the bonuses don't work for the alliance mission flights? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Hi @Chloe11111,

Read your comment about gathering itens for the Tower of London, and would like to ask you something, perhaps you have a clue for what's happened to me...

I've got three alliance mission flights this week, all of them related to Tower of London (Dresden, Muskat and Maracay), and then decided to try getting at least 10 itens from one of the destinations. I've used the tactics I applied for obtaining my 6 Colliseums and 6 Aztecs Pyramids: gather a large amount of fuel (mainly a whole week of F20 received as gifts from neighbours) and the application of bonuses simultaneously (Dice, Golden Dice, Spyglass an Sky Captain) to increase dropping chances by 400%. But it didn't work at all, not a single item dropped in 60 flights to Maracay and Muskat (for Pyramids an Coliseums, I had drop rates from 38% to 67%, recorded that in an Excel spreadsheet)!

So, this could be related to the amount of flights that these destinations needed to collect stars (much more than the ordinary destinations), or the bonuses don't work for the alliance mission flights? Thanks in advance!
The drop rates from the alliance flights are set up differently. Without bonuses, expect to get 10ish items in 1000 flights to alliance destinations so with a 400% bonus, 40 items in 1000 flights. For adventure flights with smaller planes without bonuses, I expect to get 10ish items in 100 flights.

So yes, probably the drop rate is based on the number of flights to 3 star.

The tower of london is a 1 year + journey. Keep working at it and you (and I) will get there. Good luck!

Top Bottom