Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

no more ads

I see they removed the ads why?

PlatinumFox

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ity5cfp
Username
aPlat "item"
There is no "technical reason." The sad truth is that GI is struggling to sell ad space. Advertisers have a lot of choices as to where they show their ads, and GI has to compete with other game publishers for ads. The current environment is something of a mess, with Apple's recent "privacy" updates reducing the value of IOS ads to advertisers, while ads on the Windows platform continue to pay very poorly. Many advertisers are pulling back (at least temporarily) to let the market settle out and establish new pricing levels. All of this comes together to make Airport City not attracting a lot of ads. Hopefully GI will modify their program so that a lack of ad inventory will not ruin the game for all of us. Many publishers now run "in house" ads when they run out of paying ads, promoting their own games. That would be a positive move for GI.

There is no "technical reason." The sad truth is that GI is struggling to sell ad space. Advertisers have a lot of choices as to where they show their ads, and GI has to compete with other game publishers for ads.
And another part is that as ads dry up, you could get "low" that sell stuff of questionable value to people that don't know what they are getting into or who bought into the "big lie".

If you want to use windows, install an android emulator like www.ldplayer.net ... play to level 3 on a new Gmail address, tell support to move your game from windows to your new android tablet.
It's also very troublesome. I've tried. First of all, you have to have multiple Google accounts or at least one, and Google will question whether you operate on collection ... It's very troublesome, especially for people like me who have poor English.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
206rwzjr1
Username
MrbruhF20
Welp rip my 5k per day dream of water park coins lmao; Hopefully it gets fixed so I can continue refreshing

BrewerPilotDave

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
045wad7u5
Username
BrewerPilot
This conversation is confusing me quite a bit... Isn't it a good thing that Airport City has no more ads? The gameplay is riddled with them for no good reason (after collecting a daily gift, after visiting the repair shop, after visiting neighbours, etc etc) I find it extremely exciting that I could get to play this game without seeing them! Unfortunately I just tested my android version and I still see as many ads as before :(

This conversation is confusing me quite a bit... Isn't it a good thing that Airport City has no more ads? The gameplay is riddled with them for no good reason (after collecting a daily gift, after visiting the repair shop, after visiting neighbours, etc etc) I find it extremely exciting that I could get to play this game without seeing them! Unfortunately I just tested my android version and I still see as many ads as before :(
The problem is that if you don't use them, you're at a disadvantage, only 5 visits to neighbors instead of 6. You can't speed up a flight by 30 percent or get free fuel. And you can forget about building improvements right away.

Ads help mainly with building parts. some are really hard to get, as only a few players have the needed parts available to gift. It’s not “impossible” to play without ads, there used to be very few or none a long time ago, but it really does help having them.
Ads are also the only way to access the 30% speed up in flights, a very useful perk.
finally, having ads also mean being able to harvest 6 structures in each neighbor, instead of 5 . And visits are one of the main ways to get launch preps (by clicking planetariums, training centers and cosmic fuel stations)
so, yes, it’s a main disadvantage for windows players

The problem is that if you don't use them, you're at a disadvantage, only 5 visits to neighbors instead of 6. You can't speed up a flight by 30 percent or get free fuel. And you can forget about building improvements right away.
Sorry, didn’t see your post before doing mine. i said exactly the same…

BrewerPilotDave

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
045wad7u5
Username
BrewerPilot
Ads help mainly with building parts. some are really hard to get, as only a few players have the needed parts available to gift. It’s not “impossible” to play without ads, there used to be very few or none a long time ago, but it really does help having them.
Ads are also the only way to access the 30% speed up in flights, a very useful perk.
finally, having ads also mean being able to harvest 6 structures in each neighbor, instead of 5 . And visits are one of the main ways to get launch preps (by clicking planetariums, training centers and cosmic fuel stations)
so, yes, it’s a main disadvantage for windows players
I do agree with the hard-to-get building parts, but I will use them there only as a last resort.
I can visit 12 neighbours... I can't imagine watching 12 ads of 30 seconds each every day that I'm visiting the neighbours.

Top Bottom