Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows No connection to the game server

Well, things are back to normal this morning. Now just have about 100 gifts to send out. Still no event on Windows, and I really don't see it happening now. :( I can't believe AC Facebook is still saying the problem was not on their side, but they'll give us a special bonus on Friday to make up for it. :confused::confused: Also got a nice apology from AC support team.

pegasus

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03u8wc0u
Username
Pegasus Sue
Just did the did the Apple Stores 6.19.13 update and red envelopes are dropping,, Alliance is back and hold your breath I don’t lose connection. Good luck all

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
Just did the did the Apple Stores 6.19.13 update and red envelopes are dropping,, Alliance is back and hold your breath I don’t lose connection. Good luck all
I also did the iOS update. It worked just as you say for several minutes. Then I had to go out for a couple hours. When I came home it was back to being borked again. So the iOS update did not fix things once and for all.

So am I the only one still having server connection problems, or is everyone just tired of bitching about it?
Mine is about 90% good - still have occasions when envelopes won't drop, but it's mostly good. Seems like that happens to me every event - loses server connection for a few seconds on and off. But I am pretty much bitched out.:eek::eek::eek: I'm tired of complaining and I'm pretty happy with how the game is working now. And looking forward to the special bonus promised us for tomorrow.

So am I the only one still having server connection problems, or is everyone just tired of bitching about it?
No you are not - I left work and my windows pc game still won’t connect to the servers even though the update finally came through! Also, my phone & iPad games won’t connect via wi-fi at work, but will at home. WTH - I am not a tech guy, but how can I connect at home via wi-fi, but not at work via wi-fi?? Nothing was changed with either router or connection - it’s crazy!!

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
It worked. I changed my DNS and it worked. I am back in business.

Try this for Windows Users go to Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center - Change Adapter Settings - (right click on your internet, could be "ethernet"), - Properties - Internet Protocol Verson 4 (TCP/IPv4) - Properties - Use the Following DNS Server addresses - Type in 8.8.8.4 and 8.8.4.4

View attachment 17915

Click OK - cancel.
I did a similar thing on my iPad. I edited the wifi settings for my home network to have manual DNS. I added 8.8.8.8 . Since that everything is working fine, for several hours now.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
WTH - I am not a tech guy, but how can I connect at home via wi-fi, but not at work via wi-fi?? Nothing was changed with either router or connection - it’s crazy!!
I’m guessing they migrated their servers to a new location/host. Someone, not necessarily GI themselves but perhaps their domain host, dropped the ball on propagating the new address out to the rest of the internet. As the new address info percolates across the internet more players are finding stability. If your home and office have different ISPs then it could be only one network can find the new address.

Imagine if a company 50 years ago changed their phone number and your office has the newest phone book but your house hasn’t yet received a new directory.

The internet “phone book” at DNS 8.8.8.8 seems to have the updated server address info. Someone posted earlier how to change this on windows. You can try to google how to manually set DNS on iPad for your home wifi connection.

I’m guessing they migrated their servers to a new location/host. Someone, not necessarily GI themselves but perhaps their domain host, dropped the ball on propagating the new address out to the rest of the internet. As the new address info percolates across the internet more players are finding stability. If your home and office have different ISPs then it could be only one network can find the new address.

Imagine if a company 50 years ago changed their phone number and your office has the newest phone book but your house hasn’t yet received a new directory.

The internet “phone book” at DNS 8.8.8.8 seems to have the updated server address info. Someone posted earlier how to change this on windows. You can try to google how to manually set DNS on iPad for your home wifi connection.
I did that post on how to change the setting for my windows game on my pc, but I am worried that if I change that setting, will it screw up other programs on my pc & then there is the concern over internet security. Again, I voice these concerns as a NON-tech person!

Also, the ISP for both home and work is the same, so why could one find the address and the other couldn’t? Also, I have no idea what fix would work to have the wi-if connection work at work for my iOS games.

It amazes me that of ALL the programs/apps on my iOS devices, AC is consistently the ONLY one that has these problems with updates. It is VERY bizarre!!

Top Bottom