Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New update - Down the Rabbit Hole (2016)

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Unfortunately, not yet!!

@greensmith Tom, when/if iPad gets the update, what is the best bonus for the new quest flights? The spyglass or regular dice? I have read your guides and I think it is the spyglass.
Spy Glass is used for event drops, if you look at the description of Dice and Golden Dice it excludes Event items.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Unfortunately, not yet!!
@greensmith Tom, when/if iPad gets the update, what is the best bonus for the new quest flights? The spyglass or regular dice? I have read your guides and I think it is the spyglass.
Here's my guide:
Spy Glass
"This bonus increases the chance of quest item drop (both common and collectible) by 150% for 6 hours."
Quests are the icons that occasionally appear on the left side of the screen. Sometimes they are main quests, like the recent "The Great Game" and "Santa's Bad Day" quests. At times, there are subquests that appear that walk you step by step through the main quest. Using a Spy Glass bonus increases the chance of drops from flights that are part of these quests.
Dice
"This bonus doubles the chance of item drop from a flight (excluding quest and collectible items) for 6 hours."
If you fly to an Excavations destination trying to get a Map Chest drop, a Dice bonus will help. Or, if you fly to Iceland trying to get a Deicer drop, a Dice bonus will help.
Golden Dice
"Increases the chance of a collectible item drop from a flight (excluding quest items) by 150% for 6 hours."
Collectibles are items that appear in the Collections tab. I recently flew Giants to the five Tale of Bygone Years destinations -- Kyiv, Novgorod, Murom, Smolensk and Chernihiv -- to earn a Winter Palace. I used Golden Dice to increase my chances of drops of the items necessary to complete that collection. The bottom line was that when I used Golden Dice, I got an average of twice the drops that I got when I did not use Golden Dice.​
Since the quest flights are going after drops for a collection, I'd say the Spy Glass. To increase the chance of Knife drops in neighbors' cities, I will use a Spy Glass. Same for Mushroom drops in my own city. In fact, I will time the Spy Glass so it works for the flights and the neighbor visits.
The A Friend In Need bonus works great for collecting ten Magic Mushroom patches per day from your twelve neighbors ... for seven days. (Not at every neighbor as it states.)
image.jpeg

By the way, I've seen no increase in drops by combining bonuses -- using both a Spy Glass and a Sky Captain, for example.
Cheers,
Tom

Marve

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask_for
Username
Marve
Here's my guide:
Spy Glass
"This bonus increases the chance of quest item drop (both common and collectible) by 150% for 6 hours."
Quests are the icons that occasionally appear on the left side of the screen. Sometimes they are main quests, like the recent "The Great Game" and "Santa's Bad Day" quests. At times, there are subquests that appear that walk you step by step through the main quest. Using a Spy Glass bonus increases the chance of drops from flights that are part of these quests.
Dice
"This bonus doubles the chance of item drop from a flight (excluding quest and collectible items) for 6 hours."
If you fly to an Excavations destination trying to get a Map Chest drop, a Dice bonus will help. Or, if you fly to Iceland trying to get a Deicer drop, a Dice bonus will help.
Golden Dice
"Increases the chance of a collectible item drop from a flight (excluding quest items) by 150% for 6 hours."
Collectibles are items that appear in the Collections tab. I recently flew Giants to the five Tale of Bygone Years destinations -- Kyiv, Novgorod, Murom, Smolensk and Chernihiv -- to earn a Winter Palace. I used Golden Dice to increase my chances of drops of the items necessary to complete that collection. The bottom line was that when I used Golden Dice, I got an average of twice the drops that I got when I did not use Golden Dice.​
Since the quest flights are going after drops for a collection, I'd say the Spy Glass. To increase the chance of Knife drops in neighbors' cities, I will use a Spy Glass. Same for Mushroom drops in my own city. In fact, I will time the Spy Glass so it works for the flights and the neighbor visits.
The A Friend In Need bonus works great for collecting ten Magic Mushroom patches per day from your twelve neighbors ... for seven days. (Not at every neighbor as it states.)
View attachment 3081
By the way, I've seen no increase in drops by combining bonuses -- using both a Spy Glass and a Sky Captain, for example.
Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom,
Have you tested if golden dice increase the drop rate for eggs buildings like planetarium?

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
UPDATE
I just tried out a Spy Glass on an iPhone support game that has the quest. It seems to work great for Pocket Knife and Mushroom drops.
I tapped five times at each of twelve neighbors and got 28 Pocket Knives. That's almost a 50% drop rate.
I used those 28 Pocket Knives to tap Magic Mushroom patches in my city and got 55 drops. That resulted in three Russian Eggs.
Wow!
I just tried out a Spy Glass on an Android support game that has the quest. I got exactly the same results as with the iPhone support game: 28 Pocket Knives from neighbors ... 55 drops from Magic Mushroom patches in my city ... and three Russian Eggs.
Double Wow!
I sent five planes out to Cheltenham. Will report back once they land to see if the drops work as well there. Also if Spy Glass helps drops from Egg buildings in my city.
Cheers,
Tom
PS: I can confirm that tapping on neighbors' Egg buildings only gives coins.

Last edited:
UPDATE
I just tried out a Spy Glass on an iPhone support game that has the quest. It seems to work great for Pocket Knife and Mushroom drops.
I tapped five times at each of twelve neighbors and got 28 Pocket Knives. That's almost a 50% drop rate.
I used those 28 Pocket Knives to tap Magic Mushroom patches in my city and got 55 drops. That resulted in three Russian Eggs.
Wow!
I just tried out a Spy Glass on an Android support game that has the quest. I got exactly the same results as with the iPhone support game: 28 Pocket Knives from neighbors ... 55 drops from Magic Mushroom patches in my city ... and three Russian Eggs.
Double Wow!
I sent five planes out to Cheltenham. Will report back once they land to see if the drops work as well there. Also if Spy Glass helps drops from Egg buildings in my city.
Cheers,
Tom
PS: I can confirm that tapping on neighbors' Egg buildings only gives coins.

I tried out Tom's tip and was disappointed when the first two neighbours visits only resulted in 2 knives (20%)! However, subsequent visits drops rates improved to 2,3 and even 4 knives per visit.

11 neighbours visit later, total knives I got was 27 / 55, that 54% drop rate!

This a very good tip that everyone should know about (y)

Last edited:
COMPLETE GUIDE of new quest is here:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/airp...le-faq/1304263656267518?__mref=message_bubble

But, all other FAQ are most welcome, from all of us... :D (y)
Playing the quest and got six Russian eggs, two Indian eggs and then I wanted to buy the Special Hangar and got the message that I cannot buy anymore Hangars. Made the mistake then to sell one of my step 6 Hangars, but the same result. Send a request to G!, does anybody else has this Problem? (no power Problem, I have enough)

Attachments

• Hangar4.jpg
    Hangar4.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 174
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
23f9bjy9
Username
jaume
Playing the quest and got six Russian eggs, two Indian eggs and then I wanted to buy the Special Hangar and got the message that I cannot buy anymore Hangars. Made the mistake then to sell one of my step 6 Hangars, but the same result. Send a request to G!, does anybody else has this Problem? (no power Problem, I have enough)

Can you send more pics of your airport area? Maybe there's someting we can see...

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85

Do you have any Santa or Military Hangers? You can only have 6 of these, so e.g. 2 x Santa, 2 x Military, 2 x Card Hangers. If you have 4 x Santa Hangers and 2 x Military Hangers then you need to delete one of these to get a Card Hanger. The 3 are classed as Special Hangers and you can only have a max of 6 combined. Hope this is clear for you.

Do you have any Santa or Military Hangers? You can only have 6 of these, so e.g. 2 x Santa, 2 x Military, 2 x Card Hangers. If you have 4 x Santa Hangers and 2 x Military Hangers then you need to delete one of these to get a Card Hanger. The 3 are classed as Special Hangers and you can only have a max of 6 combined. Hope this is clear for you.
Thanks, yes this was the reason (had six Santa Hangars). Again thank you very much

Top Bottom