Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New IOS update (V1.11) Do Not Update - 27th Feb 2013

Read all your posts with interest. Bo**ocks to this new IOS update if it changes your planes back. I have 13 jumbos currently in flight (yes it is hammering my fuel and passengers supply but hey that's life). I will never have another occasion to have this many planes going at one time, especially jumbos. Not even the 40 star old timers have had this positive glitch I believe - Aero tdv?

TDV - if you get a chance can you work your magic and send over some more of the black stuff please - it is assisting greatly in keeping these big birds in the air. I want to try and finish these bloody jumbo stars before GI send along an update that basically kills the game.

Pakman

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
WadeBond007
Username
WadeBond007
Well
I sent GI a list of the planes that i had before the update and they fixed it. Still unable to visit/see a lot of neighbors though.....something that hasn't been fixed for months.
Well, i took the risk. I too had sent GI an email when this first happened. I got my planes back correctly and everything looks normal as normal should look...username/and can't visit. Now I can continue on with my missions.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
WadeBond007
Username
WadeBond007
Well
Well, i took the risk. I too had sent GI an email when this first happened. I got my planes back correctly and everything looks normal as normal should look...username/and can't visit. Now I can continue on with my missions.
I actually made out on the deal...one of my jets turned into a Delta. Yea me i guess, free upgraded plane

Mrstepot

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
Beckyp
Did anyone else take the gamble and updated?
I just updated on iPad and all my correct planes have been restored. I followed GI suggestions and did not repair any broken planes during the last several days and just waited for an update. Now I have all my planes back though they are all broken.
My Friends tabs are all still there and I can see and access most of my friends, though some are greyed out.

Now all I need is to find users who are able to do a launch. Let me know!

Device
  1. iPad
Username
Scooters Place
Brian Carter, before you delete the app.... (sorry to hear that) could you tell me if the friend-part is also broken in your game?
I want to make sure it isn't just my game but an actual bug.... Would you do that for all Iphone and Ipad players on the forum?
Thank you

The friend part is still broken, I still have a bunch of "username" friends. There are a few other quirks...

- Almost ALL of the "username" people I can sent gifts but can't visit...there are a few exceptions
- there is one friend I added that, if their profile is correct, uses an iPad but I can't visit them
- since two upates ago visiting neighbors has been painfully slow or the app hangs and I have to kill it and restart
- ridiculously low drop rates, virtual impossibility to finish a mission and the weekend code being broken....among other things has worn thin

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
ejet
Username
ejet
Hi all
I recently installed the IOS update on my mums ipad and lost everything! the ipad went into recovery mode and it wasnt backed up. I have restored it and a few of her apps, but most importantly, her Airport City game is gone:((( she is absolutely devastated and has spent over $200AUD on this game. We reinstalled the app but it makes her start from scratch. Have email GI but am still waiting for a reply. Does anyone have any suggestions at all in getting the game back to where she was at? she was at level 35
I have done the airport city update but am having problems with visiting friends - I either can visit them or it takes ages to load and I have to go out and go back in again.

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Primodakine
Username
Primodakine
There is a way to get all your receipts for GI purchases through iTunes. Open a ticket with GI then hopefully they offer to accept your receipts and you can at least get all your purchases restored.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
PM me for the code
Username
WLG Old Lantern
I have had my game transferred to a new phone.
Just keep telling GI that it is possible, well at least on Android and they will eventually send you a code to enter that will restore all but your neighbours list.:D

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
I have had my game transferred to a new phone.
Just keep telling GI that it is possible, well at least on Android and they will eventually send you a code to enter that will restore all but your neighbours list.:D

When im gettin the S4 this year i will transfer my main game to it!
My S2 is almost melting thanks to AC...

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Update of my problems. GI is working on the problem (I hope). I get direct questions and not the normal helpdesk nonsens.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Nope, still through Marina (support) but not the regular... We are working on IT, please be patient

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Sorry Uncle Mans to disappoint you..... You said you sent gifts but...
On your iPhone you cannot sent gifts, receive gifts, add friends, receive friend requests and visit neighbours....
I have tried them all and non worked.... So you think you sent gifts but they never arrive (try between your own games)

O Ja, my launch is also not working anymore....

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Username
Uncle Mans
Sorry Uncle Mans to disappoint you..... You said you sent gifts but...
On your iPhone you cannot sent gifts, receive gifts, add friends, receive friend requests and visit neighbours....
I have tried them all and non worked.... So you think you sent gifts but they never arrive (try between your own games)

O Ja, my launch is also not working anymore....

Awesome. I just deleted all my incoming gifts on my iPad list to see if my iPhone shows up. Certainly explains why I thought I was done with Smoke Detectors only to not be done.

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
Read all your posts with interest. Bo**ocks to this new IOS update if it changes your planes back. I have 13 jumbos currently in flight (yes it is hammering my fuel and passengers supply but hey that's life). I will never have another occasion to have this many planes going at one time, especially jumbos. Not even the 40 star old timers have had this positive glitch I believe - Aero tdv?

TDV - if you get a chance can you work your magic and send over some more of the black stuff please - it is assisting greatly in keeping these big birds in the air. I want to try and finish these bloody jumbo stars before GI send along an update that basically kills the game.

Pakman

Holy cow! 13 jumbos??? That's the most bizarre glitch I have ever read. Does it mean you also have 13 hangars even if you have a Control Tower enough for 8 hangars only?

Holy cow! 13 jumbos??? That's the most bizarre glitch I have ever read. Does it mean you also have 13 hangars even if you have a Control Tower enough for 8 hangars only?

No - only have the maximun 8 normal hangers and 5 sleigh hangers. The glitch turned my sleighs into jumbos and I sold the other planes to buy and have a full compliment of 13 jumbos. I am constantly flying the big birds but it is killing my supplies of fuel. I need to think what I'm going to do when I run the next upgrade as I assume it will turn all the jumbos back into sleighs. I am thinking if I sell them all and buys deltas / super deltas it wil convert them up into super deltas / jumbos, but not going to risk it just yet until I hit more jumbo stars, (or when GI run the WWII quest - which am betting is soon).

tdv - not seen you for a while (edit -sorry to hear you have been unwell) - any chance of some more 20 fuels ... Grovel grovel...grovel..

Pakman

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Just found what I read before. This is about Mystery Manor which is another one of GI's games. I think it applies to AC as well.

Excerpt:
The actual change was the elimination of friend promo codes, which allowed users to obtain and trade gifts with other players inside the game. That practice is common in many social games, but Apple banned the practice when it involved the transfer of items that were purchased for money. That change threw off the gameplay balance, as it was of the game's core social elements. Players felt like this was a bait and switch. The company replied that it discovered that Apple restricted what its App Store developers are allowed to do in terms of offering promotions to users.]
Game Insight said on its fan page that it had to make changes to comply with Apple’s policies, canceling promotions where it gave gifts that normally require in-app purchases. Apple’s 1.11 guideline for developers says, “Apps that unlock or enable additional features or functionality with mechanisms other than the App Store will be rejected.” Game Insight is now removing all such functions from its iOS games.

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/14/russias-game-insight-faces-a-fan-revolt-in-mystery-manor-ipad-game/#vDJMYaijbLJW5OJR.99
Please all read this..... It says: The actual change was the elimination of friend promo codes, which allowed users to obtain and trade gifts with other players inside the game. That practice is common in many social games, but Apple banned the practice when it involved the transfer of items that were purchased for money.

Does it mean that my BUG is not a bug but the change they had to make for Apple.... And that gifting will disappear in the I-divice game???
How do other people read this?

Aero

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Aero
Please all read this..... It says: The actual change was the elimination of friend promo codes, which allowed users to obtain and trade gifts with other players inside the game. That practice is common in many social games, but Apple banned the practice when it involved the transfer of items that were purchased for money.

Does it mean that my BUG is not a bug but the change they had to make for Apple.... And that gifting will disappear in the I-divice game???
How do other people read this?

Hmm i hope not, if so... That would be the end for all Crapple© users....

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
see my signature
Username
see my signature
flip123 -
It almost down to the interpretation of the rules surrounding the App store guidelines (note it is guidelines not rules)

This is an extract of the relevant section:

11. Purchasing and currencies
11.1 Apps that unlock or enable additional features or functionality with mechanisms other than the App Store will be rejected
11.2 Apps utilizing a system other than the In App Purchase API (IAP) to purchase content, functionality, or services in an app will be rejected
11.3 Apps using IAP to purchase physical goods or goods and services used outside of the application will be rejected
11.4 Apps that use IAP to purchase credits or other currencies must consume those credits within the application
11.5 Apps that use IAP to purchase credits or other currencies that expire will be rejected
11.6 Content subscriptions using IAP must last a minimum of 30 days and be available to the user from all of their iOS devices
11.7 Apps that use IAP to purchase items must assign the correct Purchasability type
11.8 Apps that use IAP to purchase access to built-in capabilities provided by iOS, such as the camera or the gyroscope, will be rejected
11.9 Apps containing “rental” content or services that expire after a limited time will be rejected
11.10 Insurance applications must be free, in legal-compliance in the regions distributed, and cannot use IAP
11.11 In general, the more expensive your app, the more thoroughly we will review it

Normally you will need to be registered as a developer on apple’s website – but I managed to find the full list posted here if anyone is so interested in the full guidelines...

Again all I see this as is guidelines and not rules... If you can be rewarded for entering the game daily with a in-game reward – I do not see an issue with weekend code reward.. Is GIS trying a fast one on us, but I still can not see how they will gain directly (apart from either make a person spend real money in-game or give up and leave the game) So does this mean when you add neighbour you cannot be rewarded 100 coins?

Top Bottom