Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Moving game from Windows to iPad?

PlatinumFox

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ity5cfp
Username
aPlat "item"
So I am reaching my limit of frustration over the lack of ads available on the Windows version of AC. It feels like playing with one hand tied behind my back. In desperation, I am considering buying an iPad to play AC.

Has anyone successfully moved their game from Windows to IOS? I opened a ticket last week with GI, but (no surprise) have not heard anything from them.

Advice? Has anyone succeeded in this move? Thanks!

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
So I am reaching my limit of frustration over the lack of ads available on the Windows version of AC. It feels like playing with one hand tied behind my back. In desperation, I am considering buying an iPad to play AC.

Has anyone successfully moved their game from Windows to IOS? I opened a ticket last week with GI, but (no surprise) have not heard anything from them.

Advice? Has anyone succeeded in this move? Thanks!
I’ve moved from Win to Android - but it means waiting for G! so I don’t see a difference really.
It took 2- 3 days or so before a response from them.
I then had to confirm something.
Another 2-3 days from them, and then it was done. I believe the move itself is quite a slick process, it’s more that their support team seem to be swamped all the while.

Whilst I know the lack of ads is annoying, it’s not entirely G!’s fault. The ads are provided by a 3rd party vendor, and these are specific to platform and geographic location. If there are no ads available, the vendor is struggling to get business in short. (There are a lot of people moaning about ads on windows at the moment, but equally I know a lot of windows players without any issues).
However they should still provide the reward (in my opinion) if there are no videos available. This would be more in line with other games/apps I use. I’ve had this a few times on iOS in airport city of late, no ad, but got the reward - but I suspect this is actually a glitch.

Maybe being slightly contentious, but have you considered that an iPad is very expensive just to get around this issue, and actually it’s probably cheaper to throw a few greens at the issue if it really is that frustrating?

Otherwise, using the trading section of the forum should help get the building items you need.

Feel free to tag/Pm if you think I can help with something specific.

Unfortunately, when changing platforms it needs the help of GI. It’s certainly able to be done. Any dealings with GI are frustratingly drawn out with messages back and forth and often days between your message getting a response. Some transfers in the past have caused the game to lose its neighbours - I’m not sure if it’s platform related or if it still happens.

Providing them with as much information up front can save a lot of frustration. The process to switch platforms requires the new device to have AC already installed and played to a certain level (it’s changed a few times, but it has usually been up to visiting Madlen for the first time). GI will need to know what your existing game code is and the code of the newly installed game. They should know the platform types by the codes, but I never assume anything with them and provide the details anyway.
My standard ticket would ask something like, “I would like to transfer my Windows game (code 20xxxxxxx) to my iPad. I have installed a new game on my iPad (code Zzzzzzzzz) and would like my old game to be moved across.”.

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
I'm an unapologetic Windows fan, but I gave up in the end too and migrated my game to my iPad. Tons better! I really recommend you do this as my enjoyment of the game went up tremendously. Also, I have to confess the iPad as a tablet device is simply smaller, lighter, and easier to tote around than my Surface. I'm usually don't like Apple at all but I simply love my iPad. :)

Happy flying,

👧 ⛽
N

PlatinumFox

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ity5cfp
Username
aPlat "item"
have you considered that an iPad is very expensive just to get around this issue, and actually it’s probably cheaper to throw a few greens at the issue if it really is that frustrating?
I can't in good conscious throw money at GI in response to what is truly terrible behavior on their part. This problem is entirely caused by their decisions and not terribly difficult to correct, if they only cared. And if I give up on AC, having an iPad will open up a huge library of other games to play instead.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I can't in good conscious throw money at GI in response to what is truly terrible behavior on their part. This problem is entirely caused by their decisions and not terribly difficult to correct, if they only cared. And if I give up on AC, having an iPad will open up a huge library of other games to play instead.
That’s the response I expected - and I can’t say I blame you ;)
If you do buy one, Bob’s post is spot on for the info you need to provide to G!.

Not sure which country you are in, but in the UK in game purchases cost almost 20% more on Apple/Android compared to Microsoft, because they give a much worse exchange rate.
If you’re in the US it shouldn’t make a difference.
But, if you do live elsewhere you may want to look into it before transferring your game - I’m not trying to tell you to spend, but trying to help you save a few pennies should you choose to.

PlatinumFox

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ity5cfp
Username
aPlat "item"
That’s the response I expected - and I can’t say I blame you ;)
If you do buy one, Bob’s post is spot on for the info you need to provide to G!.

Not sure which country you are in, but in the UK in game purchases cost almost 20% more on Apple/Android compared to Microsoft, because they give a much worse exchange rate.
If you’re in the US it shouldn’t make a difference.
But, if you do live elsewhere you may want to look into it before transferring your game - I’m not trying to tell you to spend, but trying to help you save a few pennies should you choose to.
Thanks for that consideration. I live about 45 minutes from Apple HQ, so the exchange rate is pretty reasonable.:p

Thanks for that consideration. I live about 45 minutes from Apple HQ, so the exchange rate is pretty reasonable.:p
I’ve played the game on iOS, Android and Windows. Give me tapping (a stylus is even better than your finger) over mouse clicks any day. It’s much faster and more comfortable.

I’m not sure why, but I definitely prefer the game on iPad than on my android tablet. The downside is the prohibitive cost of iOS products. Having said that, if you go for an android tablet there’s a huge range of devices. I was a bit tight with my purchase (assuming because it was brand new it shouldn’t struggle with a single app running) and paid the penalty with lag times.

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
I am quite surprised on your windows app. Mine has ads. Maybe it is a regional location issue.

Top Bottom