Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Microsoft Windows 19

@Ur-quan I am wondering the same thing. Will windows players be compensated for the missed event and all the missed visits?!?!
I don't think it's Microsoft's fault at all. I could buy that if it was a day or two. But this is more than that. Far more and I think it involves a lack of foresight and failure to plan on GI's part.

GI could have made things more backwards compatible had they so chose. Beleive me when I say I know. I have a little bit of background in Internet Communications programming and that type of thing is taken to an extreme. Protocols that allow you to access websites such as DNS (Domain Name Service), TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol), and HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) have been around for 2 decades and in the case of DNS and TCP/IP, the early the late 1980's. So theory, you could have your Windows computer interact with something like a z/VM mainframe or a Novell Netware server since they communicate the same on the Internet (there are freely available standards called RFC's available at https://www.rfc-editor.org/ that describe in detail how to do it). Even webpages completely done by hand often have fallbacks for some older web-browsers. It's something like, it you can't do A, than do B, and if you can't even B, do C.

I am NOT advocating that GI make things compatible to that extreme, but they could have made things interoperable to some degree to permit visitation by someone with an older version the game that they can't update. And they can push updated content for events and I've seen that done in the past. I can argue that they should do this because not only it treat Windows a little better (including Gold subscribers) but may also benefit everyone else. In Windows game, I already have 6 Training Centers, 6 Planetariums, and I also have dropped down the Mail Kiosks and Post Office Buildings so in theory, a non-Windows mobile user could visit me to help obtain they need.

Marian3

1100+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Yesterday I asked my husband, who is an ex-Microsoft employee to update an IOS support game for the new event. He noticed the update type: just updating the downloader and then downloading directly from the app, and mentioned this is a big no no for Microsoft.

His said that except for partners of MS, like EA, all other companies have to present the update to Microsoft in advance. Maybe that's the reason why we Windows players don't have our updates lately

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
Yesterday I asked my husband, who is an ex-Microsoft employee to update an IOS support game for the new event. He noticed the update type: just updating the downloader and then downloading directly from the app, and mentioned this is a big no no for Microsoft.

His said that except for partners of MS, like EA, all other companies have to present the update to Microsoft in advance. Maybe that's the reason why we Windows players don't have our updates lately
@Dave @Ur-quan Interesting question. Our computer begins download directly from app, then stops before it's complete. Perhaps you could check and make sure you all are communicating with each other. We were told we would have this fixed and have the update. We have neither, and still can't visit. Getting to feel that perhaps money is more important than we windows players.

Jessica_01

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rh7poao
Username
Jessica
I think it is interesting that this is all happening shortly after Gi started offering subscriptions through MS. With these kinds of issues who will, or has, bought a MS subscription?
I'm fearing for the future of my windows game, so won't be making any purchases until it's working properly again for at least a month.

I think Game Insight has some development issues at least that's what was said on Facebook and I quote:

===
Hello Pilots!! I just wanted to let you know, there is still no additional information regarding the Windows issue. I do not want you to feel, that nobody is listening to you, It's just taking the GI team longer than expected to fix the problem. I'm sorry, this is taking so long. And that you're missing out on participating in the event, and your AC game. Compensation cannot be provided to affected users until the issue is fixed. Thank you, and our sincere apology to everyone. (Moderator: Walter)
===

Now that's a STEP in the right direction as far as I am concerned but more needs to be done. I think what's happening is that their support staff is saying that "It has to go through Microsoft" which is technically true but help the situation because it sounds too much like "Microsoft is holding us back" which people would NOT beleive and would not be the point. I could see through that in one second.

Talking about here may be interesting but that's NOT what is going on in THIS case.

Top Bottom