Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Livery Customization Improvements

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
With the new livery customization feature that has rolled out, there has been mostly groans about the triviality of it as well as the additional cost of purchasing an aircraft before using it. However, I think the idea can be revolutionary and welcomed with a few modifications and additions:
1) Make the livery one that is floating.
This one change alone would revolutionize the idea. What do I mean by floating? The current setup is for a livery to be attached to an aircraft once it is applied. That means if you remove/lose the plane, you lose the livery as well. If the livery is floating, it is not tied to any particular aircraft. The implications of that are given in the following sub-bullets
-If a livery isn't in use, it can be applied to any aircraft so long as it's the same type. For example, you can apply a copper livery to a swift, remove it, and apply the same copper livery to a different swift aircraft. That way, you will always have that livery, but it can only be applied to one aircraft at a time
-If you remove a livery from an aircraft before selling it, you still keep the livery. For example, if you are selling a swift aircraft with copper livery, you can switch back to default livery before selling, therefore retaining it.
2) Create more diversified bonuses to go along with the liveries for sale.
We already have the S1, S2, S3, tropical planes, Rangers, and others that provide a flight time speed bonus, which is great, but there are far more other creative bonuses that can be created, such as those given below:
-Fuel reduction bonuses (-10, -25, -50%)
-Pax capacity bonuses (+10, +25, +50%)
-Coin reward bonus (+10, +25, +50%)
-Reduced bad weather bonuses (-10, -25, -50%)
-Increased good weather bonuses (+10, +25, +50%)
-Permanent Increased Drop Rate (+10, +25,+50%)
-Trigger % Increased Drop Rate (+50, +100, +150%). This would get triggered 20% of the flights)
-Trigger % Auto Fuel Catalyst Speed up (+10, +25, +50%). Works just like the jetpack super bonus, but it uses the trigger % instead
-Trigger % Free Speed Up (+5, +10, +20%). This removes the fuel requirement for instant return flights. Of course l, the trigger % should remain fairly low.

Just by these suggestions, the dimensions of gameplay would expand tremendously, as pilots can get unique liveries and bonuses to help them achieve their goals.

3) Reduce the cost of liveries, or at least make them worth the current costs.
At the moment, we have some liveries with no bonuses costing nearly as much as liveries with bonuses, which doesn't make much sense. With the suggestions from bullets 1 and 2, the costs would at least be more justified. For instance, a normal livery with no bonus should not cost more than 3 greenies. However, a livery that has a permanent increased drop rate of +50% may cost 100 greenies, which would be more than fair considering that the livery would always be available and it is equivalent to having a dice attached to the aircraft.
4) Allow the user to create their own livery.
This should be the end goal. All users would appreciate the ability to select different color combinations to create their own livery. Keep it simple and only allow two colors to be selected. If you want to go a step further, make it that the bonuses are what you purchase, and then the user can create their livery and attach their purchased bonus to the livery. Only one bonus can be applied per aircraft, and it is also floating, so one can reuse it if the aircraft is no longer kept.

Clearly I've given this a lot of thought, as I love the ability for the player to individualize their fleet and hence their game. Not sure how possible it is to incorporate all of this and how software intensive it would be, but if the idea of customization is being explored, it should be developed to the best of its ability to create new gameplay dimensions and to allow the pilot to exercise his/her creativity.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
I absolutely love your suggestions. I do not believe for a moment that G! will have similar sentiments.

I would however add, no bonus = no cost. It seems petty to charge for a basic paint job. Comparatively speaking, most games have different avatars to choose from without cost.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I absolutely love your suggestions. I do not believe for a moment that G! will have similar sentiments.

I would however add, no bonus = no cost. It seems petty to charge for a basic paint job. Comparatively speaking, most games have different avatars to choose from without cost.
That would be ideal, but Im ok with a small greenie cost or larger coin cost because you would be paying for the individuality. However, if they went with the idea of the player creating their own liveries, then it would be free without the bonus

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
We already have the S1, S2, S3, tropical planes, Rangers, and others that provide a flight time speed bonus, which is great, but there are far more other creative bonuses that can be created, such as those given below:

-Trigger % Increased Drop Rate (+50, +100, +150%). This would get triggered 20% of the flights)
-Trigger % Auto Fuel Catalyst Speed up (+10, +25, +50%). Works just like the jetpack super bonus, but it uses the trigger % instead
-Trigger % Free Speed Up (+5, +10, +20%). This removes the fuel requirement for instant return flights. Of course l, the trigger % should remain fairly low.

Just by these suggestions, the dimensions of gameplay would expand tremendously, as pilots can get unique liveries and bonuses to help them achieve their goals.

At the moment, we have some liveries with no bonuses costing nearly as much as liveries with bonuses, which doesn't make much sense. With the suggestions from bullets 1 and 2, the costs would at least be more justified. For instance, a normal livery with no bonus should not cost more than 3 greenies. However, a livery that has a permanent increased drop rate of +50% may cost 100 greenies, which would be more than fair considering that the livery would always be available and it is equivalent to having a dice attached to the aircraft.
Reduced fuel, increased drop rate, increased pax. These are things I would pay for (well, as long as the game is stable and I feel like it has a future).

And yes, reduced cost for liveries! Seriously this company needs to understand micro-purchases. I never have (and never will) spend $40 on a direct purchase event building. But I have (when they made it worth it) spent the $6-7 on premium class or a buck fifty on a level. I might spend $5-10 on a livery that increase the capacity of a plane by 10%. But I would never spend $40 on it.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Reduced fuel, increased drop rate, increased pax. These are things I would pay for (well, as long as the game is stable and I feel like it has a future).

And yes, reduced cost for liveries! Seriously this company needs to understand micro-purchases. I never have (and never will) spend $40 on a direct purchase event building. But I have (when they made it worth it) spent the $6-7 on premium class or a buck fifty on a level. I might spend $5-10 on a livery that increase the capacity of a plane by 10%. But I would never spend $40 on it.
Eeeeexactly. I'm still scratching my head at a Condor S1 livery costing 150 greenies.....on a 50% sale......without the plane......what?! 🤨

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well, I guess for those of us who are simply collecting coins with nothing left to spend them on, it gives us something to spend them on
The plane purchase isn't even a big deal as you stated....most of us high end players have coins aplenty. However, the plane purchase is a sore point because the transaction isn't balanced.

Current Transaction
Plane purchase + livery purchase = losing both when sold

Equal Transaction
Plane purchase + livery purchase = plane sold + saved livery

If we buy them separately, we should be able to sell them separately. When you sell the plane, you get back 10% of the purchase price, and no compensation for the sold livery associated with it

With the new livery customization feature that has rolled out, there has been mostly groans about the triviality of it as well as the additional cost of purchasing an aircraft before using it. However, I think the idea can be revolutionary and welcomed with a few modifications and additions:
1) Make the livery one that is floating.
This one change alone would revolutionize the idea. What do I mean by floating? The current setup is for a livery to be attached to an aircraft once it is applied. That means if you remove/lose the plane, you lose the livery as well. If the livery is floating, it is not tied to any particular aircraft. The implications of that are given in the following sub-bullets
-If a livery isn't in use, it can be applied to any aircraft so long as it's the same type. For example, you can apply a copper livery to a swift, remove it, and apply the same copper livery to a different swift aircraft. That way, you will always have that livery, but it can only be applied to one aircraft at a time
-If you remove a livery from an aircraft before selling it, you still keep the livery. For example, if you are selling a swift aircraft with copper livery, you can switch back to default livery before selling, therefore retaining it.

4) Allow the user to create their own livery.
This should be the end goal. All users would appreciate the ability to select different color combinations to create their own livery. Keep it simple and only allow two colors to be selected. If you want to go a step further, make it that the bonuses are what you purchase, and then the user can create their livery and attach their purchased bonus to the livery. Only one bonus can be applied per aircraft, and it is also floating, so one can reuse it if the aircraft is no longer kept.

Clearly I've given this a lot of thought, as I love the ability for the player to individualize their fleet and hence their game. Not sure how possible it is to incorporate all of this and how software intensive it would be, but if the idea of customization is being explored, it should be developed to the best of its ability to create new gameplay dimensions and to allow the pilot to exercise his/her creativity.
The biggest pain, is you cant see what skins you have. They should be in the warehouse, or listed somewhere. You have to put a new standard plane on the stand, of the right type, before you can see if you have any skins. Not at all practical. IMHO.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The biggest pain, is you cant see what skins you have. They should be in the warehouse, or listed somewhere. You have to put a new standard plane on the stand, of the right type, before you can see if you have any skins. Not at all practical. IMHO.
Actually, you simply need the plane of the same type available at a stand or in the reserve hangar (not mid flight). When you go to the hangar and select the paint icon, you'll see which liveries are available for application as well as which ones have been applied to that particular aircraft. Still an inconvenience, but it should help for now.
Maybe what they should do is put all the available liveries in the warehouse (planes section) where all your collected planes are kept before being added to a stand or reserve hangar.

Actually, you simply need the plane of the same type available at a stand or in the reserve hangar (not mid flight). When you go to the hangar and select the paint icon, you'll see which liveries are available for application as well as which ones have been applied to that particular aircraft. Still an inconvenience, but it should help for now.
Maybe what they should do is put all the available liveries in the warehouse (planes section) where all your collected planes are kept before being added to a stand or reserve hangar.
Yes but i dont want to put a plane of the same type. I want to know what i have available. Way too much faffing. Give me section in the warehouse that shows what skins I have. Exactly like I have a section for maps I have. Not complicated.

Example: I am going to start flying Raven. I know I have some skins but want to know WHAT i have BEFORE i buy a Raven. If I dont buy, i CANT see!!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yes but i dont want to put a plane of the same type. I want to know what i have available. Way too much faffing. Give me section in the warehouse that shows what skins I have. Exactly like I have a section for maps I have. Not complicated.

Example: I am going to start flying Raven. I know I have some skins but want to know WHAT i have BEFORE i buy a Raven. If I dont buy, i CANT see!!
True. I agree in terms of organization. I like to know where everything is located in one spot. Maybe if they did it like how they do flight destinations now? Each row represents liveries for a plane type. Matter of fact, they should do that for the different maps too. People have been complaining about map organization for years 🤔

Top Bottom