Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Limit

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I know this has been suggested by many but ... a really great update for v8 is changing the limit from 100 to 999. I understand this limit was put in place to make the game more fair but it really doesn't.

As an old but new again player who stopped playing in 2016 and recently started a new game, I very quickly got to 100 of a lot of the flight items. But many of the special destinations require 1000 flights. It makes it impossible for us to catch up on stars even if we have spent time collecting all the fuel we need to fly tons of flights. There are often alliance flights where you need over 100 of the items. So smaller alliances with newer players can't easily make 100% of the alliance tasks to grow their alliance and be able to compete with the bigger alliances.

It would be very different if the Mystery Set and other flight item chests favored what you are low on in inventory but it doesn't. I have 99 mystery chests and 113 that I haven't collected. I may have to open 20 before getting 1 landing lamp (of which I have none). Instead it seems to favor items that I already have 100 of but have no use for yet because I don't have the planes - ear plugs, sleeping pills, e-readers, etc. So all these chests are essentially useless to me.

An increase of the inventory items to 999 would be fair for all - the seasoned players and the very new ones.

@Ur-quan hope you see this

Sadly I’m pretty sure it will never happen.

When 7.0 came out and when Ivan from GI would post in here’re there were lots of valid reasons to show how ridiculous the 100 item limit is but it did not make any difference.

Just one reason - Alliance flights

you can get something like 336 flights to a destination, let’s say it’s for props for example and requires Llamp. So to do the 336 flights you actually need to do almost 700, the flights to destination and also to turkey to get the Llamp, you may get some from friends as gifts but as everyone is limited to the amount of gifts they can send you will never get enough from friends.

There are plenty of other reasons it’s a bad idea for the player but the people who decide the game strategy donthink it’s bad

When 7 came out I said it was the worst idea I have ever seen and if it affected my game I would quit. I have adapted how I play but I’m lucky to have enough resources and coins in the game that I can freely change flights and fleet around to get flight items.

I still maintain it’s the worst idea in GI history and being able to expand it in any way would be great but I doubt it will ever happen

I could be totally wrong, but the way I read a lot of Ivan's posts about the 100 limit, I got the impression he also thought it was a bad idea. But the decision was out of his hands.
Suggested before by someone, but I like the idea of a building which would allow you to increase your limits.
Yeah that’s the impression I got too. Ivan couldn’t actually say that but he went pretty close on a couple of occasions.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I have adapted how I play but I’m lucky to have enough resources and coins in the game that I can freely change flights and fleet around to get flight items.

This is interesting. It means the 100 limit more adversely affects the lower level players than the higher ones ;)

This is interesting. It means the 100 limit more adversely affects the lower level players than the higher ones ;)
Yes and guess who is more likely to spend some money to try to get along - new players.

At the moment I am going Giant alliance flights and I need att indicator So I can sell most of my fleet buy as many giants as I want and fly to get AI and then do the alliance destination at the same time and not even make a small drop in my coins as I have over 50M and it’s growing , and that amount is small compared to many.

I hope a change comes and I would be very happy if it did but I won’t hold my breath waiting

I could be totally wrong, but the way I read a lot of Ivan's posts about the 100 limit, I got the impression he also thought it was a bad idea. But the decision was out of his hands.
Suggested before by someone, but I like the idea of a building which would allow you to increase your limits.
That would be better than the current situation. Could have several levels also... Eg level 1 another 100, tot 200, level 2 and 3, 150 each, tot 500. Then levels 4 & 5 for example 200 & 300. Level 1 and 2 with coins, remaining with greenies or tokens...

Ken Kyu Air

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
03mkk3ddl, 048nmfkm8
Username
KenKyu1 (item needed) and KK2 (item needed)
That would be better than the current situation. Could have several levels also... Eg level 1 another 100, tot 200, level 2 and 3, 150 each, tot 500. Then levels 4 & 5 for example 200 & 300. Level 1 and 2 with coins, remaining with greenies or tokens...
Sounds just like the Reserve Hangar

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
I like this idea

Agree, but make it tokens, not greens. Not all of us have CBM to get greenies for "free".
At least with tokens, you can decide if using them for that purpose is a priority or not.
Greens are hard to get once at level 80, and having a city that is still in a size that is small, and therefore needs to grow.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The way I see it, the entire purpose of the limit is to slow the game down. When items were unlimited, it was easy to save up fuel for years until you really needed it, and complete all the flights/collec buildings in one shot. It was what we had come to know and love in the old days.
With the limit, we could no longer use that playing strategy. Getting one map wasn't enough for us to get all the drops we need, so naturally the game slowed down. Also, for the 1000 weekly alliance flights, it was never their intention to do those flights ar once either. We are supposed to do as many as we can wothin the week, and wait for it to pop up at random again in the future.
I do agree that a larger limit would certainly be appreciated, or the goals should be made attainable given the limits, but GI figures that by keeping those requirements out of reach will make things difficult for us. However, fuel rings, saving items in the gift list, etc are not ideas from GI....theyre loopholes developed by very intelligent players. It is a big problem if the only way to effectively play a game is by using loopholes.
I think the 100 item limit is just the tip of the iceberg of things that can be improved. The entire gameplay is due for an overhaul to make it more reasonable based on the capabilities given to the player. I'm hoping for that in 8.0, but I dont see it happening

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Or better yet, use the stars! Right now, they arwnt being used for anything past 150, so use them to unlock abilities/privileges only the vets would be interested in. I've stated many times that in recent times, the vets of this game are forgotten. We just pile up at lv 80 doing the same thing...with most only having the alliance maps and stars awaiting them :rolleyes:

Top Bottom