Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Level 25: need advice

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03xnmf766
Username
Vanilla
Hey everyone,

I just reached level 25 and I need some of your expert advice. What should I save up for? Here are my options:

1. Level 5 runway
2. Level 5 town hall
3. Level 5 terminal
3: Flight Catering facility

My population is currently 385/516. I’m also having a hard time having enough passengers for flights as it is, so I assume a terminal upgrade isn’t the best choice for me right now. What do you all suggest I should do?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Hey everyone,

I just reached level 25 and I need some of your expert advice. What should I save up for? Here are my options:

1. Level 5 runway
2. Level 5 town hall
3. Level 5 terminal

My population is currently 385/516. I’m also having a hard time having enough passengers for flights as it is, so I assume a terminal upgrade isn’t the best choice for me right now. What do you all suggest I should do?
Runways. The larger the guest planes you can land, the more the collections you gather from them are worth which will help pay for other things.

Hey everyone,

1. Level 5 runway
2. Level 5 town hall
3. Level 5 terminal

Hi Vanilla Sun! As everyone will probably say, this decision will be based on your play style. It took me a while to figure out what that meant! So, I will give my 2 cents, but it may not apply to your play style :)

1) I prioritize runways. I get a lot of coins from collections from these guest planes. You are entering the stage where guest plane collections will start to be really profitable, and will include nice buildings. But this is only beneficial if you play for stretches of time to accept guest planes :)

2) I would go for Town Hall second so you can fly more passengers. For future goals... start your space program to get enough silver tokens to buy a Grand Hotel (this increases max city population by 300).

3) Flight Catering isn't needed until you start flying the second half of the Raven destinations. Do you fly Ravens? Do you have enough PAX and a large enough terminal to support flying ravens? Have you gotten 3 stars on all prior destinations? If the answers are "no", I would wait for this.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
There is no right or wrong answer on this one......

If you don't have enough passengers for flights, perhaps increasing passenger buildings should be a priority? Not much point owning planes if you can't fill them.

A bigger runway means you can land bigger guest planes. These will drop experience points, coins and items for collections which, in turn, bring their own rewards.

The Town hall is less of a priority. Research how to get Grand Hotels which will increase your city population by 300. You can have six of these. They also drop 520 coins.

Flight catering facility - you will need lots of meals in the early stage of the game and the absence of them will hold you back. Probably worth investing in this. But I don't use mine at all now.

So, its really up to you. Advance slowly and steadily and in time you will find that you acquire more of what you need.

Enjoy your game!
P

lunarnut

350+ Star Club
Pending
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03tjc72gv
Username
lunarnut
Hey everyone,

1. Level 5 runway
2. Level 5 town hall
3. Level 5 terminal

Buy 6 houses with pools (18 passengers an hour), build the smart houses as you get them, put in 6 mansions (12 passengers every 20 minutes). Upgrading your terminal allows you hold more passengers, but upgrading your runway allows you to land larger guest planes which give you more passengers. Also update your profile name to let us know what items you need so we can gift them to you.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03xnmf766
Username
Vanilla
@Chloe11111 @Jenn B @pete blake Thank you everyone for your advice! I really appreciate it. I figure I’ll probably go for the runway upgrade. Cheers!

With that said, though, I may start my space program first. I haven’t started it yet because it seems like a lot work to join launches etc., and I don’t always have tons of time to play. I’d love to get the Grand Hotel, but are launches time-consuming at all?

@lunarnut Okay, I’ll work on that. Thanks!

@Chloe11111 @Jenn B @pete blake Thank you everyone for your advice! I really appreciate it. I figure I’ll probably go for the runway upgrade. Cheers!

With that said, though, I may start my space program first. I haven’t started it yet because it seems like a lot work to join launches etc., and I don’t always have tons of time to play. I’d love to get the Grand Hotel, but are launches time-consuming at all?

@lunarnut Okay, I’ll work on that. Thanks!
For launches, I suggest reading the Guide on this by Captain Rollins. That said, I read that guide >10 times before my first launch and it freaked me out with all the ways you can screw up! (I will also admit that I thought 'hijackers' were nonplayer characters that would ruin my launch :ROFLMAO: ). What I personally did was launch my first few green rockets as 'private' - that way I could figure out what was going on without screwing it up for anyone else. That said, you can PM me when you are ready for your first green launch, and I can walk you though the steps. It shouldn't take much time if we coordinate (i.e., <10 minutes).

Also, (on my soapbox here)... This is a game and is meant to be a fun diversion from daily life that has gotten a lot more stressful for most of us. It is OK to do things in the game that are not the best strategically, but do give you joy :D -- like building a pretty building. If you fear you will upset others by your actions, you can ask questions beforehand, and they should nicely tell you what to do :)

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03xnmf766
Username
Vanilla
@Chloe11111 Very cool. I think I’ll start my space program asap!

@Jenn B Thanks! I’ll read through that guide. And I totally agree with you re “joy.” I’ve tried to make my city aesthetically pleasing, even if it’s not the most strategic. I just like looking at my city. Now if only the streets had traffic....

Btw, I sent you both friend requests. :)

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
My advice is to upgrade a single runway to level 6 until you can land Jumbo guest planes as then you’ll be able to collect all of three free passenger buildings which I found was a great help starting out. I’d then focus on your space program, Green, then blue then red. Once you get your red up and running your space program will basically pay for the rest of your upgrades. After the space program work on your Small oil refinery and control tower, upgrading your terminal as required. Collect the 6 Aztec pyramids from the adventure flights and coupled with the Grand Hotels you should never need to upgrade your town hall at all.

My number one piece of advice is don’t spend your greens, save them for when you can only buy land with greens. Until that point buy the land with coins no matter how expensive it seems to get.

There’s no right or wrong answer to your question and everyone has strategies that worked for them, so don’t be shy about cherry picking the bits of advice that fit in to how you play the game and always ask “why?” If you don’t understand the rationale of a suggestion.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03xnmf766
Username
Vanilla
@deepgreensea Wow, great advice, thank you! I didn't know the space program was so lucrative. Btw I currently have 92 greens, because I bought a $10 pack during a promotion. It's lasted me a while. I think I'll definitely work towards upgrading my runways, as that seems like the smartest option right now. Cheers!

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@deepgreensea Wow, great advice, thank you! I didn't know the space program was so lucrative. Btw I currently have 92 greens, because I bought a $10 pack during a promotion. It's lasted me a while. I think I'll definitely work towards upgrading my runways, as that seems like the smartest option right now. Cheers!
The space program is lucrative IF you are getting in the top 3. With the QL parties going on, those spots are generally reserved for the people who are putting in their hard earned QL. When the launch takes 24 hours (normal times), you will get a few thousand for first place in a day. Good pay off for sure but you can make tons more landing planes and getting the collections.

Now, if you have some very generous friends who allow you to take first place lots in their launch party, you can make a lot in a very short period of time.

Nit Nit

Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
27edojj7w
Username
Nit
I have a follow up query. Is it worth upgrading both runways simulatenously? I am more interested in knowing if having higher level runways will spawn more of the bigger planes? Currently, I have a runway on Level 6 and the other on Level 4, I found that I am able to avoid any traffic jams this way while accepting all planes I can accomodate. Will upgrading the other runway to Level 6 "invite" more of the bigger planes? If not, I'd rather spend the coins elsewhere.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
The space program is lucrative IF you are getting in the top 3. With the QL parties going on, those spots are generally reserved for the people who are putting in their hard earned QL. When the launch takes 24 hours (normal times), you will get a few thousand for first place in a day. Good pay off for sure but you can make tons more landing planes and getting the collections.

Now, if you have some very generous friends who allow you to take first place lots in their launch party, you can make a lot in a very short period of time.
It is more lucrative the higher you place, true, but if you just tag along on other people’s QL launches (many running at the weekend) for either zero or 12 fuel, then it’s very lucrative for the lower level player. Save your big fuel stuff like PEBs for your own launches where you intend to take the higher places. As you say though, having the right neighbours help.

I’m not dismissing your guest plane suggestion as I do think it’s a viable strategy, especially if you are on the game for several hours a day, I just think beyond the level 6 runway there’s better places to spend the money early game.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I have a follow up query. Is it worth upgrading both runways simulatenously? I am more interested in knowing if having higher level runways will spawn more of the bigger planes? Currently, I have a runway on Level 6 and the other on Level 4, I found that I am able to avoid any traffic jams this way while accepting all planes I can accomodate. Will upgrading the other runway to Level 6 "invite" more of the bigger planes? If not, I'd rather spend the coins elsewhere.
I think this a personal preference thing. If you find it annoying that they are different levels and sometimes you have to wait to land a plane then yes make them the same. I personally see it as a luxury though and both my support accounts have non matching runways, as I think the coins are better spent on getting your space program up and running Etc.

Nit Nit

Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
27edojj7w
Username
Nit
I think this a personal preference thing. If you find it annoying that they are different levels and sometimes you have to wait to land a plane then yes make them the same. I personally see it as a luxury though and both my support accounts have non matching runways, as I think the coins are better spent on getting your space program up and running Etc.
Noted. But in your experience, does it have an effect on which kind/size of guest planes show up? Will I get more of the bigger planes if both runways are upgraded to higher levels?

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Noted. But in your experience, does it have an effect on which kind/size of guest planes show up? Will I get more of the bigger planes if both runways are upgraded to higher levels?

Nope, no effect. Until now, my main game has 1 lv.9 and 1 lv.10

I still get lots of lv.10 guest planes

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
It is more lucrative the higher you place, true, but if you just tag along on other people’s QL launches (many running at the weekend) for either zero or 12 fuel, then it’s very lucrative for the lower level player. Save your big fuel stuff like PEBs for your own launches where you intend to take the higher places. As you say though, having the right neighbours help.

I’m not dismissing your guest plane suggestion as I do think it’s a viable strategy, especially if you are on the game for several hours a day, I just think beyond the level 6 runway there’s better places to spend the money early game.

Yes, this is key. It is something I recommend for new players who want to start fast with coins - especially when you can pair this with a spyglass from the event store. But this is a good strategy only if you can spend time tapping away at your game. So far this morning - in 1/2 hour, I've got 30,000 coins and 10 mystery sets (not good for coins but great for building up your inventory of flight items).

Top Bottom