Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Is Airport City Declining?

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Honestly yes. I wasn't a newbie when I joined this forum, but I see this behavior a lot and feel bad for these kinds of posts from new players that get dismissed. I've posted totally reasonable/observant stuff as well that gets no replies. At all. Or it is dismissive. I am kinda surprised the forum isn't friendlier. Was hoping to make some new online pals! Instead I barely post because it is not very welcoming. But yes, just directing people to the wiki isn't very welcoming. I try my best to remember what it's like to be a newbie when I answer and help people out!

As for gameplay itself, yeah that seems to have declined a bit. Would be nice to have more destinations, levels, better events with new offerings etc. But that's not anything new ☺
Well then it seems that there needs to be a hybrid of sorts. Maybe members can offer a small sentence offering a top level solution, but then point to the wiki for more details

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Well then it seems that there needs to be a hybrid of sorts. Maybe members can offer a small sentence offering a top level solution, but then point to the wiki for more details
I try to do this and hopefully that is how it comes across.

The problem with the wiki is that it is devoid of strategy. It has the facts about buildings, planes, flights, events, etc. but offers no guidance - but it also shouldn't offer guidance. That's not what a wiki is meant to do.

When there is a question like "what does building x look like" the best response is to point someone to the wiki. When the question is "what is the best way to approach x", there is nothing in the wiki that will help.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

The problem with the wiki is that it is devoid of strategy. It has the facts about buildings, planes, flights, events, etc. but offers no guidance - but it also shouldn't offer guidance. That's not what a wiki is meant to do.

When there is a question like "what does building x look like" the best response is to point someone to the wiki. When the question is "what is the best way to approach x", there is nothing in the wiki that will help.
Think this pretty much sums it up. Well said.

Mirandair

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
046x5pmaz
Username
Mirandair

I hope you realize 99% of the new people who join the forum aren't aware the wiki exists. They joined because it's a platform to speak with other fans of the game and make friends, especially since the game itself doesn't have communication within it. I think I was here for several months before I knew the wiki existed lol. So yes, saying "here is the wiki" feels dismissive and embarrassing to a newbie who wanted to maybe make a connection. Like ya, it's old news to you, but they're all new to it. No, it does not come across as friendly always. The replies to newbie questions are never like: "I'm so excited you decided to join our community! That's a wonderful question. You may not be aware, but we actually have a useful wiki for this you may find useful. Here it is, and please ask if anything is confusing or unclear!" No, it's never that. It's just a wiki link. Then people feel bad.

I hope you realize 99% of the new people who join the forum aren't aware the wiki exists. They joined because it's a platform to speak with other fans of the game and make friends, especially since the game itself doesn't have communication within it. I think I was here for several months before I knew the wiki existed lol. So yes, saying "here is the wiki" feels dismissive and embarrassing to a newbie who wanted to maybe make a connection. Like ya, it's old news to you, but they're all new to it. No, it does not come across as friendly always. The replies to newbie questions are never like: "I'm so excited you decided to join our community! That's a wonderful question. You may not be aware, but we actually have a useful wiki for this you may find useful. Here it is, and please ask if anything is confusing or unclear!" No, it's never that. It's just a wiki link. Then people feel bad.
So next there’s a newbie arrive YOU be around and be over gushing! Talk the talk, walk the walk.

Д

Дима (gift)

Few people in the game are connected with the fact that the threshold for entering the game is very high. To pump the mayor's office to the second level, you already need to spend green currency.

I retire.

🎤 drop

Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Yes it's true. Most don't find the wiki immediately. So I try to respond to posts like this

And when it can't be answered with a reference to the wiki, I include a more detailed explanation like this

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Few people in the game are connected with the fact that the threshold for entering the game is very high. To pump the mayor's office to the second level, you already need to spend green currency.
Actually people can play for years without spending a single greenie. The question only is time. You are correct that town hall 3 requires 1 green to speed up, but it also can be complete in 4 hours if you don't speed up.

There aren't any main buildings in the game that require greens until you get to mystery buildings.

And even when you get to later buildings and land expansions, you don't really have to purchase anything. You can get greens through weekend codes, competing in events, etc. and use them for the "greenie only" items.

Д

Дима (gift)

Actually people can play for years without spending a single greenie. The question only is time. You are correct that town hall 3 requires 1 green to speed up, but it also can be complete in 4 hours if you don't speed up.

There aren't any main buildings in the game that require greens until you get to mystery buildings.

And even when you get to later buildings and land expansions, you don't really have to purchase anything. You can get greens through weekend codes, competing in events, etc. and use them for the "greenie only" items.
In this case, the game becomes boring, non-dynamic and very long. To achieve meaningful results, you need to spend an inadequately large amount of time. Agree with me, it is quite difficult to experience the aesthetic pleasure of a year of playing for the sake of mining, for example, the Eiffel Tower. But it's hard to call it satisfaction, because it was achieved by overcoming all the greedy mechanisms that I'm trying to knock money out of us. I will allow myself to compare this with the delight of circus dogs who are not fed for several days before the show in order for them to be more obedient. A modern successful mobile game is characterized by mobility, variability of the gameplay, which is achieved primarily by intelligence, not by a wallet. Therefore, the main audience of this game is people who have reached the age of 40.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
In this case, the game becomes boring, non-dynamic and very long. To achieve meaningful results, you need to spend an inadequately large amount of time. Agree with me, it is quite difficult to experience the aesthetic pleasure of a year of playing for the sake of mining, for example, the Eiffel Tower. But it's hard to call it satisfaction, because it was achieved by overcoming all the greedy mechanisms that I'm trying to knock money out of us. I will allow myself to compare this with the delight of circus dogs who are not fed for several days before the show in order for them to be more obedient. A modern successful mobile game is characterized by mobility, variability of the gameplay, which is achieved primarily by intelligence, not by a wallet. Therefore, the main audience of this game is people who have reached the age of 40.
Boring to some. To others, they've been playing 10 years. This is not a game for quick results. It's a game to be played for years. And yes, I don't think the target audience for this game are young people who want something dynamic. There are lots of games out there for that. This game is for long term goals, strategy building, team play and more.

And I must disagree with your take on satisfaction. I find it VERY satisfying to finally achieve something I've been working on for months ... and even for years. In fact, the longer it takes and the more I work at it, the more I appreciate it. I'm not much satisfied by things that come too easily.

This game is sort of like creating a bonsai tree. There is no instant gratification that is rewarding. Sure, you can cheat and buy a formed bonsai tree .. but where is the pleasure in that?

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
The game become boring. Very boring.
All the new event are not worth any effort, as they are repeating themselves. I only complete tasks in order to gain a new livery, which enables 30% speed boost.

I didn't spend a penny for a very long time and have no intentions to do so in the foreseeable future.
I'm in a stage that every upgrade costs too much real money, but decided that's never gonna happen.

So, Yes. the game is declining, as there are almost no new destinations. Most of the recent changes, just made the game less fun from the players' perspective.

Top Bottom