Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Huge (x50) launch party with a plan (and at least 3 QLs).

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
So, there is a lot of discussion recently about best way to conduct launches. The only rock-solid conclusion is that one needs a plan - so let's plan!

My proposition is to agree on a date, reserve few hours just for AC, gang up and do like 50 red launches. Every flight will go according to this procedure:
- Designated starter opens the launch.
- Everybody joins and put in the usual 80-90 points in low-value items.
- We wait until everybody finish joining.
- Person who was assigned to take #1 puts about 1000 points ( 3x Powerful Explosive Bolt )
- Persons who were assigned to take #2 and #3 (those are same!) put in about 500 points each (4x Main Stabilizer)
- Remaining points come from the high volume of low-value items from places 4 and below (even 100th place still gets his 5 tokens!).
- During flight the coordinator establishes who takes places 1-3 in the next launch.
- If non-forum people try to hijack - we'll let them. Resources will be be the most limiting factor, so we'll just keep opening another and another until they run dry : ) Our main goal is the number of flights.

Every cycle will last about 5 minutes, so there will be no time to waste. We'll do some breaks, of course : ) We'll need at least 3 persons with a QL (I can provide one) who have enough prep items (at least 50).
I'm asking everyone interested in how many launches you can join (number of prep items) and how many launches you can fuel (number of PEBs and MSes) - and of course what's the best time for you.

So people - stop wasting your resources for 3-man flights, strength is in numbers!

Doodle to pick best timing: http://doodle.com/poll/b7ygxfmmry2aem8e

Last edited:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Best time for me would be Saturday 28th May, GMT afternoon. I have preps and low-value items for 120 reds, a QL, 82xMS (20 second places), 17xPEB (15 first places)

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
A public QL party! Great idea.

I'll definitely join to support, mister Phantom Limbs! Ready to take a few firsts.

Can't be there all the time due to timing issues...

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
No I hadn't seen this - I would be up for it but don't have any QL's to offer (have never had one!) - I will be landing in 13 hours time
and I will check my prep items then, but I think I have plenty. I have just bought some airport cash so over the next few days I will stock up on space items through harvesting with golden dice (used twice before 1 am and after) I can't guarantee that I will be around for every launch but will do my best. I presume you will be sending a reminder the day before so we can all make sure we don't have any ongoing missions to prevent us joining. I don't think I have any non forum neighbours so hijacking wont be a problem from mine

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@RavenENTP I don't think we can get enough people for today or tomorrow. But there is no rush, if not for next week we can do it in 2 weeks.

IMHO our top priority is getting as many players as possible, so it means finding a time that works for everyone.

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please Message me to request
Username
gbs
I am pretty much up to joining in anytime - though we need to consider that people are from different locations and in different timezones. I am on UK time and a bit of a late owl so my best times are from about 2.00 pm (14.00) until 6pm (18.00) and then from 10 pm (22.00) until 2 am (02.00). Day of the week doesn't matter as I am fairly housebound apart from the odd visit to clinics.

@Agent_L I have taken the liberty of assuming, as you are the proposer, that you are going to organise the first event - then if it is successful maybe you can find volunteers to run the next one etc. In the spirit of co-operation I would like to offer some suggestions which you may, or may not, find helpful.

You could set a date and some times 1 or 2 weeks ahead then run a poll to find out if people will participate. You need to have a good idea of numbers as getting as many as 50 is a tall order.

I would also suggest that you cross post the information in the relevant weekly forums under Trading (Windows) and in the space forum (windows) marked Red flight but with the title showing "Future 50 plus flight date" Then in the body list the flight times. When cross posting you can just link back to the original post but I think it is important because many people only look at specific forums and the two I mentioned are the ones that should catch everyone - for example they are the only two that I look at regularly.

It might be a good idea to gather the forum user IDs for all the people indicating they will participate - that way you could send out a group private message about 2 days before to make sure everyone remembers and so they have time to wind up any existing missions

This is quite exciting and could help solve the problem we all have of imbalance in the number and types of items

Top Bottom