Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

How to backup your game and fix bad update

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Hi,

The last 1.5 year that I am playing the game, I lost my game 6 times, it just start from the beginning.
First time, I just start all over, the last 5 time, I ask if the game could restored (what takes 5 working days). I also experiance 2 bad updates, with crashed the game.

I tryed to fixed those problems by my self, and I think I have the sollution and it is ready for sharing. So here are my best practice and I hope this is helpfull for the communicty

Lost of game (My version)
As your game is saved local, why not backup save game localy. So I wrote a realy simpel script that does that. (it is realy simpel and basic, if somebody can improve it, please do, but for me this is good enough, so I did not spend more time on it)

It saved the gamestate every hour, With a retension time of 17 hours. So the last 17 hourly game states are saved. If you experiance that your game has been lost and you start from strach, you can with below script, restore your last good game, whitout asking for a restore code from GI and so can start right away, instead waiting 5 working days

Setup
1. unzip attached file to your c:\temp folder
2. Start task shedule and create a basic hourly task, that start c:\temp\backupac\backup.cmd (here is an intruction http://www.7tutorials.com/how-create-task-basic-task-wizard) Also check the condition tab when you create a task, un check every thing there !
3. Got to the folder C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Local\Packages and goto the folder that looks like (so it could be different) 0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt
4. go to the folder localstate. Now in your explorer, you see the locaton where you are now. Copy that location in the memory (click on the link and select the location text and copy the text CTRL C)
5. Go to the folder c:\temp\backupac\ and right click backup.cmd and choice edit
6. Notepad opens and you will find the line
xcopy C:\Users\alexadmin\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\LocalState\*.* C:\Temp\BackupAC\1\*.* /Y /S
Change C:\Users\alexadmin\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\LocalState\ with your link that you copy in to the memory
7. Save the file and you create your own backup
Now almost every hour your game state is saved to the backup folder

restore
Restoring is simple, restore the files located in one of the number folders (start with one) that you can find in c:\temp\backupac and copy it backup to the C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Packages\something.AirportCity_something\LocalState\ folder
Airport city must be closed ! Check taskmanager if this is the case, or restart your pc, to be sure.
If gamestate in folder 1 is not your version, that copy the content in folder 2

If this failes,here is the office version

Lost of game (Normal practice)

AC saves the state of the game in a save game file. This is located on your computer and it is uploads to the server. If you lost your game and game starts from strach, normal practive is that you ask for a restore code. Send an email to support@game-insight.com, supply your old and your new friend code and that you got a Windows PC.

Wait 5 working days and you get the below mail

Here is your coupon for restoring your game profile. The code is #some weird code.

To redeem the code, please perform the following activities:
1. Press the Sociality button (the one with 3 people in the lower left corner of the display).
2. Press another button with 3 people.
3. Select the Friend Codes tab.
4. Redeem the code in the input field. Please, mind that the code can be used only once and you should be connected to Internet.
5. The application may close after you have used the code. In this case please, launch the game again.

Bad update
Bad updates are difficult to fixed, it could be anything. But in most cases, removing the game and reinstalling it, would fix it. But if you do this, your game start from the beginning. And you lost your progress, and have to wait 5 days for a restore code. But we can backup and restore the game, a fix that lets you continue your game right a way.

1 .Got to the folder C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Local\Packages and goto the folder that looks like (so it could be different) 0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt
2. go to the folder localstate and copy all the files you see to c:\temp\backup folder, or any folder of your choicing
3. Go to the metro enviroment, right click airport city and choice remove
4. Restart your pc
5. Go tot the store an install airport city
6. Start Airport city, do some small stuf, place some things (so that a game state is saved) and close airport city (check taskmanger if it is closed or restart pc to make sure)
7. Copy the files in c:\temp\backup to your C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Packages\somethingAirportCity_something\LocalState\ folder
8. Start game

Attachments

• BackupAC.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 245
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
RogF1
Hi,

The last 1.5 year that I am playing the game, I lost my game 6 times, it just start from the beginning.
First time, I just start all over, the last 5 time, I ask if the game could restored (what takes 5 working days). I also experiance 2 bad updates, with crashed the game.

I tryed to fixed those problems by my self, and I think I have the sollution and it is ready for sharing. So here are my best practice and I hope this is helpfull for the communicty

Lost of game (My version)
As your game is saved local, why not backup save game localy. So I wrote a realy simpel script that does that. (it is realy simpel and basic, if somebody can improve it, please do, but for me this is good enough, so I did not spend more time on it)

It saved the gamestate every hour, With a retension time of 17 hours. So the last 17 hourly game states are saved. If you experiance that your game has been lost and you start from strach, you can with below script, restore your last good game, whitout asking for a restore code from GI and so can start right away, instead waiting 5 working days

Setup
1. unzip attached file to your c:\temp folder
2. Start task shedule and create a basic hourly task, that start c:\temp\backupac\backup.cmd (here is an intruction http://www.7tutorials.com/how-create-task-basic-task-wizard) Also check the condition tab when you create a task, un check every thing there !
3. Got to the folder C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Local\Packages and goto the folder that looks like (so it could be different) 0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt
4. go to the folder localstate. Now in your explorer, you see the locaton where you are now. Copy that location in the memory (click on the link and select the location text and copy the text CTRL C)
5. Go to the folder c:\temp\backupac\ and right click backup.cmd and choice edit
6. Notepad opens and you will find the line
xcopy C:\Users\alexadmin\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\LocalState\*.* C:\Temp\BackupAC\1\*.* /Y /S
Change C:\Users\alexadmin\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt\LocalState\ with your link that you copy in to the memory
7. Save the file and you create your own backup
Now almost every hour your game state is saved to the backup folder

restore
Restoring is simple, restore the files located in one of the number folders (start with one) that you can find in c:\temp\backupac and copy it backup to the C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Packages\something.AirportCity_something\LocalState\ folder
Airport city must be closed ! Check taskmanager if this is the case, or restart your pc, to be sure.
If gamestate in folder 1 is not your version, that copy the content in folder 2

If this failes,here is the office version

Lost of game (Normal practice)

AC saves the state of the game in a save game file. This is located on your computer and it is uploads to the server. If you lost your game and game starts from strach, normal practive is that you ask for a restore code. Send an email to support@game-insight.com, supply your old and your new friend code and that you got a Windows PC.

Wait 5 working days and you get the below mail

Here is your coupon for restoring your game profile. The code is #some weird code.

To redeem the code, please perform the following activities:
1. Press the Sociality button (the one with 3 people in the lower left corner of the display).
2. Press another button with 3 people.
3. Select the Friend Codes tab.
4. Redeem the code in the input field. Please, mind that the code can be used only once and you should be connected to Internet.
5. The application may close after you have used the code. In this case please, launch the game again.

Bad update
Bad updates are difficult to fixed, it could be anything. But in most cases, removing the game and reinstalling it, would fix it. But if you do this, your game start from the beginning. And you lost your progress, and have to wait 5 days for a restore code. But we can backup and restore the game, a fix that lets you continue your game right a way.

1 .Got to the folder C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Local\Packages and goto the folder that looks like (so it could be different) 0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt
2. go to the folder localstate and copy all the files you see to c:\temp\backup folder, or any folder of your choicing
4. Restart your pc
6. Start Airport city, do some small stuf, place some things (so that a game state is saved) and close airport city (check taskmanger if it is closed or restart pc to make sure)
7. Copy the files in c:\temp\backup to your C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Packages\somethingAirportCity_something\LocalState\ folder
8. Start game
Hi,
Does anyone know if this same trick will also work for other GI games -specifically tribez and transport empire?
tia
Rog

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
NEW PC

When you get a new pc, backup your savegames and restore it to a new pc will also work. Here is what your have to do.

1 .Got to the folder C:\Users\(Your name)\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt
2. go to the folder localstate and copy all the files you see to an USB stick
4. Close you old pc and start the new on
7. Copy the files on your stick to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt \LocalState\
8. Start game

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Timetravel BUG

I hate this one, it comes out of the blue and it has no reason. It takes 3 to 5 days to fix by GI and you will get accouses of cheating. Even your savegames file on the GI server will say you are cheating. So what to do to is this fix. (This only works, if you are using the backup.cmd I wrote, see first post)

1. stop internet connection on your pc !
2. Close airport city (check taskmanager if you did so, if this is to difficult, restart pc)
3. Go to temp\backupac\1 and copy the content to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\Packages\0EB8BD08.AirportCity_erk4rrwmt7jyt \LocalState\ folder
4. start the game and do some stuf. Check if timecheat bug is gone, If not choice folder 2 in your backup.
5. When it is gone. Close AC, check it in taskmanager, enable internet and start playing again.

This works, because every local backup on the server is overwriten by the local copy.

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Hi,
can you help me solve the timetravel bug on windows phone? G! seems too busy to solve the problem. But a step-by-step guide could help for everyone.
Thx in advance!

Sort Anwer, NO
Long answer, with windows (the pc version) you can create simple scripts by using DOS commands (see my example in this threat). Windows phone has no scripting language (windows 8.1), that you give the task of backuping the savegame file. This is a good thing btw, think of the shit load of virusses you can get if windows phone got a scripting language. Manualy copy the savegame is also not an option. You can not get to the location of the savegame file.

What could be a sollution is to creating an app from the ground up, with soly task backuping your savegame files. I would expact that GI does not like that and will ask Microsoft to remove it.

So bugging GI for an sollution is costing them man hours and would push them to create an better game..... hopefully

alex

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wulgnol
Username
alex
Hi,

New version, a new savegame folder and so an new procedure.
In the new version, GI did some handy work for us.

Your new savegame file seems to be

SaveProfile.bin

And they created an backup for us called

SaveProfile_backup.bin

Simple copy SaveProfile_backup.bin to SaveProfile.bin would restore your game to your last safe (it seems to be me to a state of a day before.)

Fun facts
1. In the savegame folder are now a couple of small files, with a name than constist of numbers, these files are around 2 to 4 Kb big, and they are the icon picture of the people. You can open them (right click and select op with and choice your photo viewer)

Last edited:

Asondh

1400+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
042YQBDJA
Username
A Sondh
I badly need to reinstall my windows 10 after an malware attack. after searching the forum I have landed on this thread for backup and restore my game . Since the Thread is more than 4 years old , I am wondering if the method stated above still works with current game and windows version ??

Thanks in Advance for any input

Sharn

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I badly need to reinstall my windows 10 after an malware attack. after searching the forum I have landed on this thread for backup and restore my game . Since the Thread is more than 4 years old , I am wondering if the method stated above still works with current game and windows version ??

Thanks in Advance for any input

Sharn
Reading through a lot of the stuff isn’t ringing true anymore.
It may be worth emailing support to see if they can back it up for you before?

Top Bottom