Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

How close am I to doing a space mission?

Pretty much, you'll need some launch preparation items from collections, for green launches these drop from neighbour's launch pads, green and blue, I believe along with training centre's and the flights, check in the space collection tab. If you post in the launch forum when you're ready there shouldn't be an issue getting going. Actually you should already be able to do a green launch as you are now building mission control 2 so all you need is the space suit. I'd suggest clicking on planetariums at neighbours as well to start collecting items needed for red launch. It might seem a way off but you want to build up the collections, for starters they give 2000 coins and 1000xp a go, so you'll fly through the levels, and once you start red launches things will snowball a bit. It's what I did on my phone game m23.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
I would say, always put it on the forum. Green (Apogee) launches are not very crowded nowadays, so you'll need some help from yr neighbors.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
@Dave
I'm sure many of your neighbors will help you with your first space mission once you satisfy the pre-takeoff requirements. It would help if you let us know ahead of time -- through PMs -- what time you will begin and whether it will be a green, blue or red launch. (Once we click on the green launch pad, for example, we can't change our mind and try for a blue launch. We have to either start our own green launch or join someone else's. Unfortunately there's no "abort" button.)
Then we can join you and make sure you launch in first place successfully. I'm usually available between 7 AM and 10 PM California time.
Cheers,
Tom

@Dave
I'm sure many of your neighbors will help you with your first space mission once you satisfy the pre-takeoff requirements. It would help if you let us know ahead of time -- through PMs -- what time you will begin and whether it will be a green, blue or red launch. (Once we click on the green launch pad, for example, we can't change our mind and try for a blue launch. We have to either start our own green launch or join someone else's. Unfortunately there's no "abort" button.)
Then we can join you and make sure you launch in first place successfully. I'm usually available between 7 AM and 10 PM California time.
Cheers,
Tom

Cheers Tom, most definitely will let people know beforehand.

Im presuming you get the choice of whether to do a red,green or blue launch? Is there much difference between the 3 of them?

Ive got so much to learn about space launches!

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
Apogee is only green. You need to build separate launch platforms for blue and red. That will take a while...
Red is our favourite.

GamingSwiftie

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
GS4: GamingSwiftie4 (iPad), GS5: 04skwc5l
Username
GS4, GS5
The choice of doing a green, blue, or red one come from which launch pad you are clicking on. You'll end up with three launch pads, one green, one blue, and one red in color. But, only one launch pad can be "active" at a time. Hence, Tom's comment about making sure you let others know which color you are attempting so that they know which pad to activate.

I only have a green and blue one atm. But, both are pretty similar. You have a slight variation in the appearance of the launch pad and the collections that you need to obtain. But, other than that, they operate in the same manner.

@Dave ,

You will need to join @Robby Kusuma 's QL party to get a head start.
I'm sure he can arrange a "few" green Apogee launches for you (but after he returns from his vacation). It's a good way to earn some coins fast (especially the Red ones, but that will come later after you have built the Blue / Red launch pad).

If you need a couple of #1 positions for the Golden Chests for Alien Legacy & Space Monument, you need to stock up on Launch Ready Boxes & space fuel. I would suggest that you start visiting neighbours with multiple Planetariums (if you are done with Xmas quest). They give lots of items for Launch Ready Boxes.

Save your bonus Quantum leap and use it only when you have accumulate lots of space fuel.

Last edited:

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
I agree but if ur going for the green and blue launches first, u need to hit ur neighbors training centers, research labs and I believe the astronaut academy. ... the planetariums will give some monster drops and my record so far is 8 items for one..... I have heard of some getting more... is there a bonus that helps with drops from our friends?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Thank you for your advise everyone - really appreciated.
Im also now ready to do my first Apogee mission. When I lauch this, roughly how many neighbours do you need to help? I notice @eat007 mentioned that it used to get overcrowded?
@Dave, so far with QL launches we found the max is 19 people in.
The first thing you have to determin, what is your goal with the launch?
A. Do you want first place? first place gives you an item for an alien legacy (collect three times the collection a space odyssey), gives you the most coins and exp, etc... In that case, you need to take care you have enough points for a first... The more people help you, the less fuel you need yourself, but you still need enough for a first. So, how many points can you put in with the three big items (Large fueltank, main stabeliser, PEB) as the small stuff is less interesting because of the long burntime. If you have enough, you can start your own launch.
B. Do you just want to launch and you don't care about the position? You can start your own launch and post in the green launchthread that first is open, or you join a launch from somebody else and you put the points in you want for a second, third, ... Place.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
When launching a rocket you need to put in fuel, or actually points. 1600 points for the apogee rocket. In yr warehouse you will find some rocketfuel, you have to scroll all the way to the right, which is worth a certain amount of points.
The big ones are: large fuel tank 40 points, main stabilizer 120 points and powerful explosive bolt 360 points. The rest is less important as it is slow and has less points.
You can have a look at what you have in stock. I bet it is not enough :). Don't worry about it. You can simply start the launch, anounce it on the forum and let yr neighbours take care of the rest.

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
For a green launch, 1600 points of fuel have to be added within 24 hours. The person with the most points gets first place etc.
In the launch ready boxes are items of fuel. Every item has it's own points and duration of burning. After this time, you are allowed the add the next one.
PEB (thick bolt) is 360 points, 30 seconds
Main stabiliser is 120 points, 60 seconds
Large fueltank is 40 points, 90 seconds, but then....
Small fueltank is 6 points, 30 minutes
Solid fuel and small stabiliser are 12 points, 2 hours
Small bolt is 24 points in 4 hours....

Top Bottom