Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Gi want your money & it’s all profit

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
Airport city flyer
I haven’t played airport city for a while on iOS, I’ve been concentrating on vkontakte version... but I thought I would see how much greenies are

In the UK you get 400 greenies for £99.99

Playing the Russian version the same amount of greenies costs less than £5 how can Gi justify charging so much to the UK market

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
I haven’t played airport city for a while on iOS, I’ve been concentrating on vkontakte version... but I thought I would see how much greenies are

Playing the Russian version the same amount of greenies costs less than £5 how can Gi justify charging so much to the UK market

This is called local prices for local customers (mostly in developing markets), it works the same way for Steam, Xbox games and many other things, because if the prices aren't down nobody will buy anything there. Average monthly income per person in Russia is somewhere around £440 which I believe is about 4 times smaller than in the UK.

By the way, how can Apple justify charging $999 for the base iPhone X in the US and £999 for the same phone in the UK which is roughly 1400 US dollars?

Last edited:
This is called local prices for local customers (mostly in developing markets), it works the same way for Steam, Xbox games and many other things. Average monthly income per person in Russia is somewhere around £440 which I believe is about 4 times smaller than in the UK.

By the way, how can Apple justify charging $999 for the base iPhone X in the US and £999 for the same phone in the UK which is roughly 1400 US dollars?
Yes the poor Brits get hammered by everyone, and they just sit and take with stiff upper lip!

From a Brit.

Last edited:

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Yes the poor Brits get hammered by everyone, and they just sit and take with stuff upper lip!

From a Brit.

Just a quick notice here: this isn't about higher prices for developed markets, this is about lower prices for those who can't afford it.

We're supporting the VK version because it's fairly easy to do while doing the same updates for Facebook. If we were dependent on the income from VK version only, Airport City would be shut down many years ago, as sad as it is.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
This is actually a well-known 'cheating' trick. Not sure if it works for this particular game (hope not), but in general it works like this: There are parties on the black market that offer to take your account for a short period, make a connection in their local area, buy lots of 'in-game-goodies' for prices in their local currency (which means: cheap) and transfer the account back to the original owner: Profit!

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
Airport city flyer
@ Ivan I understand what your saying but can you really tell me 400 greenies is really worth £99.99, at least with an iPhone X you can make calls send messages mess about on it, all you can do with greenies is buy things from store, in the long run all it does is speed up the game. (I’m not saying airport city is rubbish by any means because I do enjoy playing it) I just think the price of certain things needs to be reconsidered

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero

I bet the drop rate for items is much higher on the Russian version too. Drop rate is so miserable I'm not going to be flying much. Pretty horrendous when you send 35 condor flights out and no item drop - that is 17-1/2 days worth of flights and NO ITEMS. Also chopping down 10,000 trees and only having two completed collections to show for it? I'll spend $$$ on games where I have satisfaction of playing (like AC used to be a couple years ago) GI Greed == no $$$ from me. Payout playing the lottery is better than the AC drop rate.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
@Blue Aero the drop rate used to be very good on Vkontakte, I believe the drop rate has fallen a bit (I could be mistaken)... but it is far better than the iOS I was playing

I play on windows and right now, I'm letting my planes and helicopters sit because it isn't fun sending them out and watching them all come back with nothing. I gave up on chopping trees because the tree drop rate is worse then the airplanes. Now my game is updated and I see how horrible the drop rates still are, I'll go back to opening my game daily so neighbors can visit my planetariums and will continue to launch rockets - will not put any more money or anymore time into a game that is no longer fun to play. I hope GI figures out, before its too late, that their greed will be their downfall.

This is called local prices for local customers (mostly in developing markets), it works the same way for Steam, Xbox games and many other things, because if the prices aren't down nobody will buy anything there. Average monthly income per person in Russia is somewhere around £440 which I believe is about 4 times smaller than in the UK.

I guess a similar analogy is Microsoft Windows prices.

Microsoft Windows for students is cheaper than MS for Home, while MS pro is most expensive. The basic software is the same, they simply remove certain aspects from the cheaper versions.

Laptops with Celeron processors sold in Indonesia is cheapest and usually comes with free Windows, because are competing with Linux, Android and pirated software. Hardy anyone buys Macs because it is freaking expensive.

But laptop with Intel Core processors comes without free Windows. You have to pay extra for it.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04f3ikbr
Username
beerbrewer
In Australia the 3rd level of the powerful oil refinery is 2000 greenies.

My spending on greenies is stopping. Extra land is expensive now and characters like that Maithan person flying 12,456,443,229,877,643 flights a week to every destination is a bit annoying.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
Airport city flyer
@Blue Aero all I do is send the plans out morning & night & it builds towards the alliance ratings, hopefully I get a map at the end of the week.. as for spending hours in front of the screen those days are behind me, I don’t see the point when the cheaters can spoil your progress in 5 minutes when you have been trying hard all week... & now GI give you the option of paying for a subscription so you can try & keep up with the cheaters lol

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
Airport city flyer
@beerbrewer if I spent real money to get the greenies for level 3 oil refinery it would cost 5 PENCE short of £500 POUND the Russian game I play would cost £75..

What are the cost for greenies in Australia, do you get any weekly offers?

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Going slightly off piste here - but I see a couple of references in this thread to "tree chopping". I have no idea what that is..... Can someone shine a light???

Thanks.
P

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Going slightly off piste here - but I see a couple of references in this thread to "tree chopping". I have no idea what that is..... Can someone shine a light???

Thanks.
P
Tripple-click trees to chop them down and occosionally (very, very rarely) you'll find an item from the "I've sharpened my ax"-collection. Collect that collection 100 times and get a special building ;)

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC

Thanks.
P

You asked the same question a couple of months ago Pete, are you still figuring it out? :p

My advice is you're not missing out you'll only get a repetitive strain injury and not much else to show for it.

Top Bottom