Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Android For goodness sake

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
We're three perhaps four updates in and the flight dialog box is still a mess! Can we get it sorted or revert back to previous which worked fine btw. We pay money for this crap .. every update introduces new problems! @Ur-quan please listen to us
I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but perhaps if you could provide some details it would help G!?

We're three perhaps four updates in and the flight dialog box is still a mess! Can we get it sorted or revert back to previous which worked fine btw. We pay money for this crap .. every update introduces new problems! @Ur-quan please listen to us
Not functional for you or don't like? I'm guessing they're trying to figure out "where to" next.

i dont quite agree with you @Allan Browne ... some simple improvements could make this a wonderful gui
first, clearly identifying the flight: which plane? not only the type, but also the model (plain, s1, s2, s3, etc)
second, correcting the button for the 30 sec free speed up (we click, and it disappears)
third, clearly identifying the plane when catalyst speed up is on: that small bright green section isn't enough. perhaps blinking also, to catch our attention

those three changes would make a great difference

i dont quite agree with you @Allan Browne ... some simple improvements could make this a wonderful gui
first, clearly identifying the flight: which plane? not only the type, but also the model (plain, s1, s2, s3, etc)
second, correcting the button for the 30 sec free speed up (we click, and it disappears)
third, clearly identifying the plane when catalyst speed up is on: that small bright green section isn't enough. perhaps blinking also, to catch our attention

I don't disagree with the new UI. But we had full functionality with the old UI. Why can't they port that over to the new one? It's not difficult

Robbie Laker

1300+ Star Club
Mitenrabo Alliance
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
PM for friend code.
Username
Robbie Laker
Quite right. Many of us are paying customers and therefore deserve a functional application in return. The general bugginess of this application is disgraceful. To allow known bugs to continue to exist after several updates and months of passed time is unforgiveable, and displays a cynical contempt for consumers of the software. Instead of giving us worthless bells and whistles which dont add anything to game play, spend your development time GI on cleaning up your code. As a developer myself I would be ashamed to release an application in such a state. You should feel likewise.

Last edited:

So you do agree with him, because those things were standard before and until they’re returned, the current version is $hit.

Bang on.

It’s shocking how buggy the game is but the flight UI is a fundamental part of the game play and it’s a disgrace BUT it could be a great improvement if they fixed the icons,

Yes, it could be wonderful if those small bits were fixed but those small bits make it very poor.

It’s more annoying as GI have acknowledged it in pervious posts in this forum but still they have not fixed it

So you do agree with him, because those things were standard before and until they’re returned, the current version is $hit.
i guess you have a point.
what I was saying is that I would prefer this version over the previous, because I can see its potential, even though it’s buggy currently

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Remember that Gi has split the events out of their numbered updates, so in all actuality there have not been any updates. I am still sitting at version 8.10.20. (Windows) & 8.10.23 (Android) which is where I have been for at least this event and the last two previous.

We begged them to separate out the events, which as far as I can see, has been working much better.

That being said Gi has always been seriously slow with actual fixes and updates to the software. I agree that there is a lot that needs to be fixed with the flight U/I screen. Unfortunately, events are where the money is for Gi, so fixes and updates that don't effect revenue, I see as a low priority for them.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Remember that Gi has split the events out of their numbered updates, so in all actuality there have not been any updates. I am still sitting at version 8.10.20. (Windows) & 8.10.23 (Android) which is where I have been for at least this event and the last two previous.

We begged them to separate out the events, which as far as I can see, has been working much better.

That being said Gi has always been seriously slow with actual fixes and updates to the software. I agree that there is a lot that needs to be fixed with the flight U/I screen. Unfortunately, events are where the money is for Gi, so fixes and updates that don't effect revenue, I see as a low priority for them.
Hopefully, now that the updates are split from events (and revenue somewhat), the quality of updates will be better...
I won’t be holding my breath though.... too much to do.

Top Bottom