Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Event Fatigue, Event Frustration, and Time Allocation

This (A Walk in the Clouds) will be the first event that I haven't completed Lvl 40 in several months. Not that G! cares, but I am protesting Task 2 "Use the Golden Heart Bonus," which is only accessible by either collecting from the Event Progress or spending 2 green bucks in the event store. I had a "Use Cupid's Arrow Bonus" Task 2 earlier in the event but I had one that I didn't use from last year so it was easy to use without having to collect from Event Progress or buy from the event store.

My strategy has long been to not collect from the Event Progress until about 4-5 days out from event end. It may be purely random, but my guess is that the really hardcore players will collect early or really late, so picking somewhere in the middle sounds about right. And it has worked for me - I usually finish Top 25 and every once in a while I'll luck into Top 10 in my group. I just collected the first piece of the event progress today with about 4 days remaining and I currently sit #4 out of 22 who have been assigned to this group. I don't' expect a Top 10 finish but Top 25 still seems reasonable.

My results thus far in the event: I have completed 8/8 tasks for the 5400 bonus every day, even without a Task 2 in the last 6 days. Unfortunately, it's only been 8/8 tasks each day, where I usually complete about 20-25 tasks daily during previous events. Task 2's are a large portion of that due to their relatively easy assignment and quick turnaround. Up until now.

I've noticed that I usually go hard for the first half of most events, then go on cruise control once I either complete Level 40 or feel like I'm firmly in the Top 25 of my group. Usually with a day or two remaining I have event fatigue and I don't even fly to other destinations as I'm waiting to save up my fuel for either the next event or an adventure map run. However, with this event I've found myself more and more playing other games and not checking in with Airport City unless I'm timing an event task or flight arrival. It's like this Task 2 thing just broke me.

Now that I've broken the seal on Event Progress, I'm torn as to whether to use the Golden Heart or save it for next year. It'll probably depend on whether I need it to get close to completing the event.

If I don't complete the event, I miss out on an internet trophy - no big deal but still...just had to get this off my chest.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20pz7ecr8
Username
Air Smilodon
This (A Walk in the Clouds) will be the first event that I haven't completed Lvl 40 in several months. Not that G! cares, but I am protesting Task 2 "Use the Golden Heart Bonus," which is only accessible by either collecting from the Event Progress or spending 2 green bucks in the event store. I had a "Use Cupid's Arrow Bonus" Task 2 earlier in the event but I had one that I didn't use from last year so it was easy to use without having to collect from Event Progress or buy from the event store.

My strategy has long been to not collect from the Event Progress until about 4-5 days out from event end. It may be purely random, but my guess is that the really hardcore players will collect early or really late, so picking somewhere in the middle sounds about right. And it has worked for me - I usually finish Top 25 and every once in a while I'll luck into Top 10 in my group. I just collected the first piece of the event progress today with about 4 days remaining and I currently sit #4 out of 22 who have been assigned to this group. I don't' expect a Top 10 finish but Top 25 still seems reasonable.

My results thus far in the event: I have completed 8/8 tasks for the 5400 bonus every day, even without a Task 2 in the last 6 days. Unfortunately, it's only been 8/8 tasks each day, where I usually complete about 20-25 tasks daily during previous events. Task 2's are a large portion of that due to their relatively easy assignment and quick turnaround. Up until now.

I've noticed that I usually go hard for the first half of most events, then go on cruise control once I either complete Level 40 or feel like I'm firmly in the Top 25 of my group. Usually with a day or two remaining I have event fatigue and I don't even fly to other destinations as I'm waiting to save up my fuel for either the next event or an adventure map run. However, with this event I've found myself more and more playing other games and not checking in with Airport City unless I'm timing an event task or flight arrival. It's like this Task 2 thing just broke me.

Now that I've broken the seal on Event Progress, I'm torn as to whether to use the Golden Heart or save it for next year. It'll probably depend on whether I need it to get close to completing the event.

If I don't complete the event, I miss out on an internet trophy - no big deal but still...just had to get this off my chest.
To me, I have found that if I wish to collect an event award I disconnect from the titty net opps sorry interknob no that's not right as well. Wait, I have it written down on a piece of paper. (I found it). I mean internet, yes that's better. So disconnect from the internet thingy, Then collect your reward, reconnect, and you will find that you don't show up in the competition list, I hope this has been helpful and well I thinked this event suuuuuuuuked opps keyboard u key got stuck I meant to say this event was not good from the very start (note to self don't spill Australia day beer on keyboard) Thank you

To me, I have found that if I wish to collect an event award I disconnect from the titty net opps sorry interknob no that's not right as well. Wait, I have it written down on a piece of paper. (I found it). I mean internet, yes that's better. So disconnect from the internet thingy, Then collect your reward, reconnect, and you will find that you don't show up in the competition list, I hope this has been helpful and well I thinked this event suuuuuuuuked opps keyboard u key got stuck I meant to say this event was not good from the very start (note to self don't spill Australia day beer on keyboard) Thank you
As an Australian, I can confirm for non-Australian listeners, that this is genuine Aussie Gibberish. It can also be brought on by beer not just from Australia Day, but also beer from Melbourne Cup Day, ANZAC Day, all days from 24-Dec to 2-Jan and also from any bet involving two flies walking up a wall. 😁

I had a similar theory about group allocation. After playing with it a bit moreI think you actually get allocated early on regardless. The reason I originally thought this was the case was cause I noticed that my alts got allocated into trash groups when I accepted the first reward late on.

However after leaving my main to accept one of the rewards until really late I noticed i'm still getting a really active group. I think it might be based of level / city size or something. Time doesn't seem to espcially play a factor.

As an Australian, I can confirm for non-Australian listeners, that this is genuine Aussie Gibberish. It can also be brought on by beer not just from Australia Day, but also beer from Melbourne Cup Day, ANZAC Day, all days from 24-Dec to 2-Jan and also from any bet involving two flies walking up a wall. 😁
Fair suck of the sauce bottle, mate! At least @smilodon is fair dinkum about the usin‘ the web to look for a root 🤪. Hopefully that spilled amber ale is from slabs of VB and not that Cane Toad piss, XXXX.

Top Bottom