Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Drop rates?

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03l5t59n
Username
Johan
Is it just me or have the drop rates from flights/guest planes totaly gone missing? Like i fly to Thailand for Fuel Supply (Drops very often) it took me 6 flights to get 1 Fuel supply

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
032rti8m
Username
Siri
I have been flying to Thailand a fair amount of times the past couple of weeks and the drop rate has been pretty good for Fuel Supply (at least for me?).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Since the new subscription update for iOS I have done approximately 300 flights to Dhaka and have had NO drops!! Conspiracy theory or coincidence??? Makes you wonder.
Yeah I've had a similar experience with falcon flights. I don't expect any improvement in that department

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
The theory is that drop rates have been adjusted downward to force purchase of subscriptions since one of the features is an increase in drop success.
My only counter argument to that is that the % increase that's promised (I believe it's 50%) is not that great...in regards to AC standards at least. I feel like GD (which promises an additional 100%) is barely effective as is, so that 50% doesn't move me very much. Besides, I've always noticed lower drop rates on certain collections....especially if getting a building is involved. Falcon flights have always had dismal drop rates, because most of them reward you with buildings for completing their collections 5 times. It's a real pain, believe me. Who knows...you might be right. Wouldn't surprise me honestly

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well, no. But since drop rates are low for many collections, everyone will find a favourite 'example' of evil developers adjusting drop rates downward now.
Frustrations of the consumer perhaps...though there will always be some who find fault in everything, regardless of what is done.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Agreed drop rates are ALWAYS low for collections - especially the alliance collections. However, I have never gone 370+ flights to a location and not gotten one single drop. It just seems more than coincidental that this occurred after the subscription model was introduced. Just sayin'.
Yeah I hear you. I would be frustrated too.

Winitall63

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Winitall63
Username
Winitall63
Well, no. But since drop rates are low for many collections, everyone will find a favourite 'example' of evil developers adjusting drop rates downward now.

To be clear Free2Play I was just explaining what the conspiracy theory was/is in response to @Navigata07, not that I believed it, or take it as fact. Sorry for any confusion.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I’ve had a few TP alliance destinations where I got only 1 or 2 drops in 500 flights. At level 80 the experience points don’t help and 1000 coins is only part of what I earn in a day or week. To me it’s not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of the game.
So youre ok with the current drop rate for alliance flights? Or do you mean that the 1000 coins is not that big of a deal?

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
Just to be clear here. We generally like the way Airport City exists, otherwise there would be no one who plays it for several years, no one who pays and therefore no development team to support it with new updates, new gameplay, new planes, or whatever.

Which means we never change drop rates, unless it's a major bug to be fixed. There were a couple of times when we've increased them because the balance was too hard for an average player, but we don't do the reverse. When we introduce an update, we usually have in mind how easy or hard we want certain things to be, and do the math in advance.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Just to be clear here. We generally like the way Airport City exists, otherwise there would be no one who plays it for several years, no one who pays and therefore no development team to support it with new updates, new gameplay, new planes, or whatever.

Which means we never change drop rates, unless it's a major bug to be fixed. There were a couple of times when we've increased them because the balance was too hard for an average player, but we don't do the reverse. When we introduce an update, we usually have in mind how easy or hard we want certain things to be, and do the math in advance.
I can respect that

Have to admit - with the number of games I've played over the last 5 years or so, AC is the only one I've stuck with! (for 2 1/2 years). You folks must be doing something right. :) As much as we complain about things, we're still here. :D The developer team certainly has kept the game interesting!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Have to admit - with the number of games I've played over the last 5 years or so, AC is the only one I've stuck with! (for 2 1/2 years). You folks must be doing something right. :) As much as we complain about things, we're still here. :D The developer team certainly has kept the game interesting!
Definite. Even if I get frustrated with things, it's never to the point where I walk away from it all. However, I don't think I would want to play if I had the 100 item limit on my main acct. That's the only change that I had a huge issue with. Even the planetarium/GD fix I had no issues with, since it made things right. What makes it so great is that there are multiple things to do, and so many ways to "win"

Agreed drop rates are ALWAYS low for collections - especially the alliance collections. However, I have never gone 370+ flights to a location and not gotten one single drop. It just seems more than coincidental that this occurred after the subscription model was introduced. Just sayin'.
I did 300 odd flights to Pattaya when I first got it a few weeks ago and got nothing but I’ve also got Pattaya this week and after just 90 flights this time I’ve had 3 drops.

Top Bottom