Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Private Alliance Damien Saez Alliance

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
Hey all! can we make an effort to get at least 50% of flights this week! the 50% bonus is very good! we only get the 10% one this week
Sure thing. I only did one last week because I was focused on the quest. I did beat my personal best in number of passengers with 45,000, though, which contributes to the total we need for the top-100 bonus. Anyway, you can count on me to do 2 of my 3, so 66%. I'll focus on the third if I see we're lagging, but it's a lot of flights and needs me to have something that I don't have a lot of. Plus, you don't want to overshoot because I've noticed the 50% reward is the one worth having and that 70% maintenance check one actually seems like a step down, kind of lame if you ask me. Anyway, I'm on board, pun intended.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
032lpk9zr
Username
Pinkiex
Alas for me, I did not get to complete all 3 (the one that needed 99 flights, I only got to 80 😓) for last week’s mission. Will try my best this week. It’s harder now that I’m working back-to-back during this pandemic 😑

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Sure thing. I only did one last week because I was focused on the quest. I did beat my personal best in number of passengers with 45,000, though, which contributes to the total we need for the top-100 bonus. Anyway, you can count on me to do 2 of my 3, so 66%. I'll focus on the third if I see we're lagging, but it's a lot of flights and needs me to have something that I don't have a lot of. Plus, you don't want to overshoot because I've noticed the 50% reward is the one worth having and that 70% maintenance check one actually seems like a step down, kind of lame if you ask me. Anyway, I'm on board, pun intended.

45 000 is very fine for us ! ! We all thank you for flying so much with us !

dgibbs

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Username
dgibbs
Hi I am new to forum but been playing game for a couple months - currently flying 15k-20k per week but will increase significantly soon with more larger planes in the mix. Can I please join the alliance? I can send a request (username dgibbs)

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
dafsade
Hi I am new to forum but been playing game for a couple months - currently flying 15k-20k per week but will increase significantly soon with more larger planes in the mix. Can I please join the alliance? I can send a request (username dgibbs)

hi @dgibbs !

Thanks a lot for you interest :D ! You would be perfect for us ! Unfortunately, we are currently full ...
As soon as One spot become free, I will let you know :D !

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
Does anyone know if the Powerful fuel refinery ever goes on sale? I've bought a bunch of greenies and don't wanna pay 100 for level 2. Does it happen that it is on sale?
I wish. I budget myself no more than $10 a month to spend on this game. On one hand, I feel like you're not really buying anything real, so I didn't do that at first, but then with as much as I play the game and like playing the game, I decided I easily get $10 a month of enjoyment out of it. Some months I don't spend it. But when I do, I always use it to buy greenies, and I wait until they go on their X3 sale, so I get 102 greenies for $9.99. Every time I've done it, like two times before last month, I used it to buy land expansions, waiting until land goes on their 50% sale from 20 greenies down to 10 so that 100 greenies buys 10 squares. But last month, instead of land, which I'm pretty set on, I used it to buy that refinery. It's been worth it because it allows so much more flexibility. The real kicker is the next upgrade, the upgrade to level 3, that's 1,000 greenies! That's just nuts!!!! That's so NEVER gonna happen! I'm not spending $100 just for 20 extra units of fuel capacity. No way.

Olekander

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fqz1wa2
Username
olekander
I wish. I budget myself no more than $10 a month to spend on this game. On one hand, I feel like you're not really buying anything real, so I didn't do that at first, but then with as much as I play the game and like playing the game, I decided I easily get $10 a month of enjoyment out of it. Some months I don't spend it. But when I do, I always use it to buy greenies, and I wait until they go on their X3 sale, so I get 102 greenies for $9.99. Every time I've done it, like two times before last month, I used it to buy land expansions, waiting until land goes on their 50% sale from 20 greenies down to 10 so that 100 greenies buys 10 squares. But last month, instead of land, which I'm pretty set on, I used it to buy that refinery. It's been worth it because it allows so much more flexibility. The real kicker is the next upgrade, the upgrade to level 3, that's 1,000 greenies! That's just nuts!!!! That's so NEVER gonna happen! I'm not spending $100 just for 20 extra units of fuel capacity. No way.

I'm the same buddy!! I always buy greenies when they come on sale. Last time i bought 340 for about 1700 rubles. I don't know what that is in dollars but i guess its about 20 dollars or so. THis month i won't buy any more grennies. I used them all to buy land and to upgrade my oil refinery : )

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
Not knowing what illness @Memo is currently suffering from, saying he can push a few buttons while ill is not very fair. Personally, I have cancer, and when I am going through the side effects of my chemo - I'm, NOT pushing any buttons. I'm in bed or my recliner, sleeping, or just in plain misery, or other things that would be just too much information to list here. . So, please, don't judge. :)
IMHO, I don't think @Olekander was trying to be judgy. Have you seen his pic? He's quite young. When I was his age, I could so see myself saying something like that with the purest of intentions thinking I was being kind and totally helpful with suggestions and not realizing it could come off as judgy because being judgy wasn't even in my mind at all. I think that's where his head and heart were at, if his delivery wasn't quite there. As a guy, maybe it takes being married, because it wasn't until after I got married that I came to learn from my wife that when she shares, she's not looking for me to fix whatever it is, a concept that blew my mind, but that was always my go-to: I hear a problem, I want to fix it, offer solutions. It took a lot of retraining myself to learn how to listen without jumping into trying to fix it mode, because I never realized that listening is what she was looking for and me trying to fix it with suggestions when she didn't ask me to help her comes off as judgy or patronizing or condescending, like me thinking she's incapable of thinking of those things herself. Anyway, I don't think he meant any harm or judgment. :)

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
I'm the same buddy!! I always buy greenies when they come on sale. Last time i bought 340 for about 1700 rubles. I don't know what that is in dollars but i guess its about 20 dollars or so. THis month i won't buy any more grennies. I used them all to buy land and to upgrade my oil refinery : )
I don't know what that is in American dollars, either. I do know that that sale where you get 340 greenies on the American version of the game is $29.99. That doesn't mean that 1700 rubles equals $29.99, though, because they could easily have different pricing strategies for different countries. Anyway, there's still no way I'm doing a 1,000 greenie upgrade. Game Insight must be snorting bath salts if they think I'm going to do that. :LOL:

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
Hey all! can we make an effort to get at least 50% of flights this week! the 50% bonus is very good! we only get the 10% one this week
It looks like we're on track to make the 50% challenge you threw out this week. Thanks for that. I mean, it's going to be a squeaker. We need 30 completed missions to hit 50%. We currently have 21 with a little over a day left. From what I can see, @Mariof20 @Mik81 , @Pinkiex , @мики , @Flavapill and you are each on track to get one more, and @Corinthian Seats appears on track to get all three. That makes 30. But as a safety, if someone can lock down one more, either you to Almaty (if that's possible in the time remaining) or anyone else to one more of theirs, I think we'll be sure to reach that 50% challenge you made. I mean, I'd love 👏 to get an extra 50% coin bonus 💰 on all the flights ✈ I do for a week.

What's more, the challenge hasn't made a dent in our standing in the top 100. But know that it could. Last week, for example, I carried 45,000 passengers because I was focused on completing the Long-Awaited Mail quest. The flights that quest entails are all of minimum duration for each category of plane. But this week, I've only carried 23,600 passengers so far, probably will hit 30,000. That's because the flights I was given for my three missions were all of much longer duration. Each flight taking a lot longer means fewer passengers carried. I'm only bringing this up because this alliance's focus is very much on always being in the top 100 and getting the Small Bronze Chest and Omega Map Set every week that comes from that. I mean, I'm all for a challenge like this you've made :p. I'm just letting you know why you don't see the alliance always do 50%, or sometimes even only doing 10%, like last week when several who usually do more of their missions, like me, decided to focus on the quest instead, in part because it also helped further the alliance's passenger goals because of its short flight times. I think there probably are alliances that focus first and foremost on the missions and getting 50% or 100%, especially if they don't have what it takes to reach the top 100, because otherwise, what's an alliance for? But this alliance is consistently top 100 (props to @Dafsade and all Damien Saez Alliance members that make that happen 🥳), and achieving that often means foregoing missions when the flights for those missions take 50% or 75% longer than the duration of the shortest flights that will result in more flights completed and more passengers carried, which is what the top 100 is based on, passengers carried, not missions completed. FYI. :)

I'm not discouraging you from making challenges. Definitely, definitely not. I thought it was great (y) because I haven't seen anyone do that yet in the month or two I've been a member. I was glad to see it :D. Really. I'm just letting you know why from what I've seen it may not always work out, that if we find ourselves during the week with a ranking over 100 and needing to boost ourselves back into the top 100 or even skirting the line in the 90s, alliance members are going to focus on getting us into the top 100 over completing their missions, so don't be discouraged if we don't always do super great on the percentage of mission completed because the bonus we get from being top 100 is way better. This week, though, because of you, it looks like we'll do both. Hopefully. It's gonna be a squeaker. So maybe this week we'll be able to have our cake and eat it, too.

The long and the short of it is, because it's often a trade-off for being top 100, I don't want you to get discouraged if the alliance can't always do 50%, or even if this time it can't. You're a new and valued member and we like having you around.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
@Olekander

It looks like we're on track to make the 50% challenge you threw out this week. Thanks for that. I mean, it's going to be a squeaker. We need 30 completed missions to hit 50%. We currently have 21 with a little over a day left. From what I can see, @Mariof20 @Mik81 , @Pinkiex , @мики , @Flavapill and you are each on track to get one more, and @Corinthian Seats appears on track to get all three. That makes 30. But as a safety, if someone can lock down one more, either you to Almaty (if that's possible in the time remaining) or anyone else to one more of theirs, I think we'll be sure to reach that 50% challenge you made. I mean, I'd love 👏 to get an extra 50% coin bonus 💰 on all the flights ✈ I do for a week.

What's more, the challenge hasn't made a dent in our standing in the top 100. But know that it could. Last week, for example, I carried 45,000 passengers because I was focused on completing the Long-Awaited Mail quest. The flights that quest entails are all of minimum duration for each category of plane. But this week, I've only carried 23,600 passengers so far, probably will hit 30,000. That's because the flights I was given for my three missions were all of much longer duration. Each flight taking a lot longer means fewer passengers carried. I'm only bringing this up because this alliance's focus is very much on always being in the top 100 and getting the Small Bronze Chest and Omega Map Set every week that comes from that. I mean, I'm all for a challenge like this you've made :p. I'm just letting you know why you don't see the alliance always do 50%, or sometimes even only doing 10%, like last week when several who usually do more of their missions, like me, decided to focus on the quest instead, in part because it also helped further the alliance's passenger goals because of its short flight times. I think there probably are alliances that focus first and foremost on the missions and getting 50% or 100%, especially if they don't have what it takes to reach the top 100, because otherwise, what's an alliance for? But this alliance is consistently top 100 (props to @Dafsade and all members that make that happen 🥳), and achieving that often means foregoing missions when the flights for those missions take 50% or 75% longer than the duration of the shortest flights that will result in more flights completed and more passengers carried, which is what the top 100 is based on, passengers carried, not missions completed. FYI. :)

I'm not discouraging you from making challenges. Definitely, definitely not. I thought it was great (y) because I haven't seen anyone do that yet. I was glad to see it :D. I'm just letting you know why it may not always work out, that if we find ourselves during the week with a ranking over 100 and needing to boost ourselves back into the top 100 or even skirting the line in the 90s, alliance members are going to focus on getting us into the top 100 over completing their missions, so don't be discouraged if we don't always do super great on the percentage of mission completed because the bonus we get from being top 100 is way better. This week, though, because of you, it looks like we'll do both. Hopefully. It's gonna be a squeaker. So maybe this week we'll be able to have our cake and eat it, too.

IMHO, I don't think @Olekander was trying to be judgy. Have you seen his pic? He's quite young. When I was his age, I could so see myself saying something like that with the purest of intentions thinking I was being kind and totally helpful with suggestions and not realizing it could come off as judgy because being judgy wasn't even in my mind at all. I think that's where his head and heart were at, if his delivery wasn't quite there. As a guy, maybe it takes being married, because it wasn't until after I got married that I came to learn from my wife that when she shares, she's not looking for me to fix whatever it is, a concept that blew my mind, but that was always my go-to: I hear a problem, I want to fix it, offer solutions. It took a lot of retraining myself to learn how to listen without jumping into trying to fix it mode, because I never realized that listening is what she was looking for and me trying to fix it with suggestions when she didn't ask me to help her comes off as judgy or patronizing or condescending, like me thinking she's incapable of thinking of those things herself. Anyway, I don't think he meant any harm or judgment. :)
I'm sure he was just trying to be encouraging. Like he said, if you' have to be sick in bed, it would be good if you can try to have some fun! I like your attitude. It took my husband quite a few years to learn that I didn't need him to fix everything - sometimes just listening is all that's needed. :)

Corinthian Seats

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Corinthian Seats

What's more, the challenge hasn't made a dent in our standing in the top 100. But know that it could. Last week, for example, I carried 45,000 passengers because I was focused on completing the Long-Awaited Mail quest. The flights that quest entails are all of minimum duration for each category of plane. But this week, I've only carried 23,600 passengers so far, probably will hit 30,000. That's because the flights I was given for my three missions were all of much longer duration. Each flight taking a lot longer means fewer passengers carried. I'm only bringing this up because this alliance's focus is very much on always being in the top 100 and getting the Small Bronze Chest and Omega Map Set every week that comes from that. I mean, I'm all for a challenge like this you've made :p. I'm just letting you know why you don't see the alliance always do 50%, or sometimes even only doing 10%, like last week when several who usually do more of their missions, like me, decided to focus on the quest instead, in part because it also helped further the alliance's passenger goals because of its short flight times. I think there probably are alliances that focus first and foremost on the missions and getting 50% or 100%, especially if they don't have what it takes to reach the top 100, because otherwise, what's an alliance for? But this alliance is consistently top 100 (props to @Dafsade and all Damien Saez Alliance members that make that happen 🥳), and achieving that often means foregoing missions when the flights for those missions take 50% or 75% longer than the duration of the shortest flights that will result in more flights completed and more passengers carried, which is what the top 100 is based on, passengers carried, not missions completed. FYI. :)

I'm not discouraging you from making challenges. Definitely, definitely not. I thought it was great (y) because I haven't seen anyone do that yet in the month or two I've been a member. I was glad to see it :D. Really. I'm just letting you know why from what I've seen it may not always work out, that if we find ourselves during the week with a ranking over 100 and needing to boost ourselves back into the top 100 or even skirting the line in the 90s, alliance members are going to focus on getting us into the top 100 over completing their missions, so don't be discouraged if we don't always do super great on the percentage of mission completed because the bonus we get from being top 100 is way better. This week, though, because of you, it looks like we'll do both. Hopefully. It's gonna be a squeaker. So maybe this week we'll be able to have our cake and eat it, too.

The long and the short of it is, because it's often a trade-off for being top 100, I don't want you to get discouraged if the alliance can't always do 50%, or even if this time it can't. You're a new and valued member and we like having you around.
Spot on Husker. We all have our priorites and the mechanics of the game ulimately will dictate how those priorities are accomplished. I will clear out all three alliance tasks, but my priorities were to #1 ensure we get top 100, #2 complete the event #3 start my space program #4 complete the alliance tasks. This means that this week the alliance tasks took the back burner and were non-essential (nice, but non-essential). Additionally, given that the tasks are fixed to your plane types, the tasks increase in difficulty. In short, to complete the tasks is no trivial matter at the end of the day.

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
dafsade

Absolutely agree with all what you said !

Top Bottom