Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Curse of the Valley of the Kings (2016)

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
My progress as of today. Only using spyglass is doing good so far.
11 days 2 hours to go!

4 burial vaults
152/2420 possessed passengers
124/400 flights completed to Dahshur using 4 turboprops
Giza - 36/69
Cerveteri - 81/81
Mycenae - 50/120
Tyre - 0/150
Paphos - 4/500
Ancient Ritual - 5-12-8-8-12
Whispers in the Walls - 1-2-2-0-1
Lords of the Nile - 2-11-6-7-8

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
First of all I do like this event and I'm not doing too bad in total But I'm getting rather annoyed with this catch 22 burial vault deal... you click all your vaults get bursting full of possessed passengers and no straitjackets. How am I supposed to keep sending planes out to get rid of the passengers so I get a new chance to get jackets if you dont give me any jackets that I need for the flights in the first place.

I know I know neighbor gifts and I have some really good neighbors that send me jackets (love you all :love:) but with a 20 per day gift limit you cant really expect to get more then max 20 items back per day and yea well lets just say it doesnt add up.... :banghead:

Oh well I'm off to sulk in the corner again.... :bag:

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
I try to keep the possessed people # down to under 300 and that seems to help a lot to keep up.. Hopefully as the game nears its end, the drop rate will pick up. When I run out, I just fly to Giza cuz I still need those collections. Hoping (praying) I can fill a collection a day before I resort to buying a spyglass.

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
@Marv isn't that the truth! Mine have no bonus blgs around them anymore. I think more neighbors will send jackets when the slabs are done. In the meantime we still need to fly to Giza for the co!!ections.

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
@mia/a1r1vry yes it's more or less constantly full. I have had pretty good success on drops from both Giza and Dahshur so I think I will be fine on both those but as its getting harder to get rid of the possessed passengers I forsee drops from vaults becoming a problem.

Mind you I'm not complaining about the collection drops I think those are fine I just don't see the reason to also make the drop on Straitjackets so low (my luck might just be horrible I don't know). I'm perfectly fine with having to do many flights to get the drops I need but this way of limiting it just feels wrong.

@mia/a1r1vry yes it's more or less constantly full. I have had pretty good success on drops from both Giza and Dahshur so I think I will be fine on both those but as its getting harder to get rid of the possessed passengers I forsee drops from vaults becoming a problem.

Mind you I'm not complaining about the collection drops I think those are fine I just don't see the reason to also make the drop on Straitjackets so low (my luck might just be horrible I don't know). I'm perfectly fine with having to do many flights to get the drops I need but this way of limiting it just feels wrong.
When this update first came out, I could forsee this exact Catch 22. I believe that is why GI! gave us the Matroska Doll bonus in the codes..i can't remember which one of these it was: *sane404* and *thief404* Also, when you complete the side quest for the event, you will receive a chest that contains 20 straitjackets. Not a ton, only 1/20th of what you need to complete 3 stars, but any extra jackets helps to clear the never ending possessions. :)

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Well, tomorrow on the daily thread, put out an SOS for help cleaning out those possessed devils. And then keep it under 300. I'm running 5 turbos and have no problems collecting them all. Sure glad I learned about extra slots in my reserve hanger, I'll be working to get them all!

Fencat

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Fencat
Username
Fencat
Well, tomorrow on the daily thread, put out an SOS for help cleaning out those possessed devils. And then keep it under 300. I'm running 5 turbos and have no problems collecting them all. Sure glad I learned about extra slots in my reserve hanger, I'll be working to get them all!

Well I think I see what you are trying to say but I don't really agree it's a solution, I mean sure I can limit how many times I click on the vaults so as to not fill up on PP but that also defeats the purpose of actually having to click them for drops meaning I get less chanse for drops again. In the end it comes out to the same result, I can't click vaults every time the timer goes down for a chance of a drop and I think I should be able to. Or did I miss understand what you meant?

Running 6 turbo props atm and have a limit of 520 passengers btw. I realize I probably have alot lower limit then most of you though so that might make the problem more obvious I don't know.

Anyway I'll keep on doing as many flights as I can and hope my luck on jacket drops improves :D

diwata

800+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
a8y6rft
Username
diwata
My progress as of today. I used 1 spy glass. I decided not to use another one for the day. I think it'll just be a waste of bonus as there's a lot of time left. No hurries.
10 days left. I started when it was 13 days on my timer. I believe it started as 14 days on Android.

4 burial vaults
95/2420 possessed passengers
198/400 flights completed to Dahshur using 4 turboprops
Giza - 36/69 (have not flown to Giza since yesterday)
Cerveteri - 81/81
Mycenae - 114/120
Tyre - 32/150
Paphos - 4/500 (have not flown to Paphos since yesterday)
Ancient Ritual - 7-18-12-10-13
Whispers in the Walls - 3-4-5-3-2
Lords of the Nile - 6-14-10-10-14

Mia

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ask me
Username
Mia
Lordy, I'm saying that once you clear out the passengers to about the 300 mark, it's doable. I only have 5 vaults to click, and get at least 2 jackets per round, add to that your friend jackets (say even 10) and you have 2x19= 38 plus 10 x19=190 so 190+ 38= 228 passengers you need to get rid of to keep the status quo.
Tried to use this cross for my terrible math but didn't work!
Strike the bit about being able to get all clicks, my advice is to not let it get so full that you can't click.

That's how it works for me anyways, I think. (n)

Now here's the good news, I just finished the sidebar tasks and got my chest of 20. Then I clicked the vaults and got a whole bunch of jackets dropping. I was so surprised I didn't count, but it looks like they might free up at that point. @diwata , can you confirm?

Last edited:
Top Bottom