Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Crashing

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Mine has deteriorated from crashing every 2-3 minutes, to not opening at all. I guess that's a pretty good definition of not playable.

I have always though GI support to be ok, but not to have recognised a serious bug on their FB page, I find disappointing. They must realise by now there is a widespread issue.

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
I have now received a second response from GI Support. The fact that they have replied on a Sunday and Christmas Eve I give them credit for.

Sadly, the contents of the email (I won't copy and paste, as I do not think that is an acceptable practice) does not acknowledge a bug or issue at all, and points to my hardware:

- if your using an iPad 1, it won't work well.
- clear your cache
- close other applications
- reboot

I can only conclude that it hasn't landed with GI yet that there is a bug.

I have now received a second response from GI Support. The fact that they have replied on a Sunday and Christmas Eve I give them credit for.

Sadly, the contents of the email (I won't copy and paste, as I do not think that is an acceptable practice) does not acknowledge a bug or issue at all, and points to my hardware:

- if your using an iPad 1, it won't work well.
- clear your cache
- close other applications
- reboot

I can only conclude that it hasn't landed with GI yet that there is a bug.
Try to not click fast on the game let the game start and after 20 second start to collect your coins and do other thing like click on landing planes maybe it will work.

A Merryflyer

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03nhxjex
Username
A Merryflyer
Try to not click fast on the game let the game start and after 20 second start to collect your coins and do other thing like click on landing planes maybe it will work.

It works 90% of the time when offline, but online it crashes very quickly if it opens at all, and the crash is irrespective of what you do, it can be idle (no user activity at all) and still crashes. And when it crashes you lose all your progress and things like gifts from neighbours etc are lost forever. My 3 greenies from the weekly code - gone.

Its basically unplayable.

It works 90% of the time when offline, but online it crashes very quickly if it opens at all, and the crash is irrespective of what you do, it can be idle (no user activity at all) and still crashes. And when it crashes you lose all your progress and things like gifts from neighbours etc are lost forever. My 3 greenies from the weekly code - gone.

Its basically unplayable.
This happen with me with one of my account before every 20 second the game crash and close so i send them email and they follow with me and they know that there is crash from a file in my pc save every thing happen in the end they cannot do any thing then i update my PC restart start the game give time and work and happen again in this event once only i think this from some files they not loading complete and maybe also the slow of the ram or the speed of the internet there is a reason but it will take time to found it.
Hope every thing will work fine with you soon (y)

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03jswsnm
Username
Kbow
I’m sorry to hear everyone is having problems but man am I glad it’s not just me. So outrageously frustrating. I’ve lost collections, sleighs, gifts, etc. several back and forths with tech support & the best answer they’ve had is to force close the app & restart my iPad. ‍♀️ Hopefully we get a fix soon.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I was wondering if the iOS version has an impact on the magnitude of the bug... I'm having slight problems and I'm using iOS 11 (my iPad doesn't support iOS 12)
Are those with more intense problems playing all under iOS 12?
I’m on IOS 11 and having the crashing issues as described. Interesting initially crashing and lag, then to not getting past loading screen. App re-install didn’t fix either. 2nd app re-install and didn’t find previous game data... great.

Playing on iPad mini 2

Hi my game is so im playable and im on windows surface pro one of the fastest pc, every time you go to another windows it crashes, it takes ages to boot up, when it crashes it goes back so you cant progress, the only way to save is to go to Malden, but sometimes thats crashes and you go back again a waste of time. So yes it all a bit strange as my support games are on just windows, android os and i find no problems. Just my surface pro ???? main game of course, so i have stopped play not even going to try :(

AshPort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03bv6gap
Username
Ashport
my crashng is seemingly only when i get actual reward items (ie sets) for the bad santa colection, then down it goes

if i play normally then its ok, but if a sleigh comes back and i get an item that gives me another sleigh then down and out the game goes

nick6901

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fq8zi
Username
nick6901
I have at least 5 neighbors who's games have reset back to the beginning - and I think they are all IOS players. :(:mad::confused: I hope they have all reported to GI and that something will be done to help them soon!
Not just iOS,it happening to me (android) many times and today I lost my first space monument 1.5 hour before construction complete because of a crush after visited a neighbor .Im very frustrated,and i decide to quit game until they fix it.Just don't worth the effort.

Not just iOS,it happening to me (android) many times and today I lost my first space monument 1.5 hour before construction complete because of a crush after visited a neighbor .Im very frustrated,and i decide to quit game until they fix it.Just don't worth the effort.
Very frustrating!

I have to hand it to the AC development team - they've had some great ideas, frequent updates and more events than I remember ever having before. They've been doing a good job, but I think maybe they did a bit too much too fast, and QA is suffering for it. I hope they slow down development, and spend a bit more time checking the updates before release. IMO, this is still the best game out there, and I'd be willing to wait a bit between releases if it means better QA. :happy:

I have at least 5 neighbors who's games have reset back to the beginning - and I think they are all IOS players. :(:mad::confused: I hope they have all reported to GI and that something will be done to help them soon!
This is not good news i hate when the game reset and there is still event to complete :facepalm:

Top Bottom