Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Cost of a Goldfinch flight

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
A flight to Jaya (randomly) requires 4x Ground Light, 5x Wind Cone and 1x Swash Plate. To produce these items it would cost you:

Ground Light: 1 Paramyd Traffic Cone + 3 Sensor + 2 Microcircuit = (30 + 81 + 20) x 4 = 524

Wind Cone: 3 Sensor + 2 Emergency Parachute (1 Sensor + 1 Microcircuit) = (81 + 37) x 5 = 590

Swash Plate: 1 Valve (1 Microcorcuit + 1 Gear) + 3 Swivel Bearing (1 Varnish + 1 Gear) + 1 Drive (1 Gear + 1 Sensor) = 25 + 105 + 42 = 172

So a flight would cost 1,286 gold while it yields 780 gold.

Wait.... am I still sane? 🤯🤯

A flight to Jaya (randomly) requires 4x Ground Light, 5x Wind Cone and 1x Swash Plate. To produce these items it would cost you:

Ground Light: 1 Paramyd Traffic Cone + 3 Sensor + 2 Microcircuit = (30 + 81 + 20) x 4 = 524

Wind Cone: 3 Sensor + 2 Emergency Parachute (1 Sensor + 1 Microcircuit) = (81 + 37) x 5 = 590

Swash Plate: 1 Valve (1 Microcorcuit + 1 Gear) + 3 Swivel Bearing (1 Varnish + 1 Gear) + 1 Drive (1 Gear + 1 Sensor) = 25 + 105 + 42 = 172

So a flight would cost 1,286 gold while it yields 780 gold.

Wait.... am I still sane? 🤯🤯
Combine tourist visa and sky captain then its x5 ;)

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
Thanks for that heads up. I'm only just starting to do helicopter flights and am now wondering if I should bother.....

P

yeah i'm still trying to fathom the logics behind these heli flights... perhaps it's only useful to earn Stars... My Silver sub does help to double the yield so it's still profitable but it's the micro-tasks that bug me. I have 2 Goldfinch but never be able to fly them at the same time cos each flight requires different sets of items. By the time you've done producing one set the previous flight is already back.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
There is a thread about helicopter profitability. After reading that, I didn’t bother to buy helicopter.

But then, Airport City event came. So I bought 2 helicopters. I’ll just do it slowly. I won’t have more than 2 helicopters, I think. It’s too annoying for me.

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items
Although I really like the game, I've wrote several times that the game doesn't offer economic sense behind actions. It's not only helis.
Think of fuel. 5 units of helicopter fuel costs 10 coins, and ready in 2 minutes.
So.. why 18 fuel units costs 55 count and ready in 10 minutes.
It doesn't have any sense..

Although I really like the game, I've wrote several times that the game doesn't offer economic sense behind actions. It's not only helis.
Think of fuel. 5 units of helicopter fuel costs 10 coins, and ready in 2 minutes.
So.. why 18 fuel units costs 55 count and ready in 10 minutes.
It doesn't have any sense..
Because you want everything to be easy. The helicopters are quite handy later on when a few things have been upgraded. But you have to work at it to get there. The price of fuel is set that way to make you work for the benefit- if you are happy to stay watching the game, you’ll get lots of fuel at a good rate. If you want the convenience of going away and coming back later, you pay for the privilege.
There are certainly some things not worth doing, but it’s not always as simple as your cost analytics.
Helos were only a recent (in general) addition to the game after requests from players for something a bit different and providing a different sort of challenge. GI certainly delivered what was asked. Yes, it all appears expensive. Yes, it takes a lot of work. Yes, it’s going to take time. If you don’t have the patience or desire, don’t do it. Plenty of people enjoy the game without helos.
This game has been around for many years which is extremely rare for the type of platform it is. Millions of people play it. Quite a few have questioned the costs/workload. And yet I see the rate of people joining this forum is higher than I’ve seen in 3 years. It costs what it costs. Play the game, READ as much info in this forum as you can, and find ways to do things easier and cheaper (or at least discover why some things are simply worth it in the long run).
Bleating about the inconvenience isn’t going to endear anyone to help. Moaning that “it doesn’t make sense” is wasting your breath - I picked the first gripe here (fuel prices) and showed you why it does make sense.
When I started playing and joined this forum, like many others before and after me, I was doing my own thing, taking bits and pieces of advice here and there, often questioning some of the things I read and wanting to do it my own way. And that’s fine. Once I realised how little I understood the game and how certain milestones could inexplicably accelerate the game without realising it was happening, I wished I had listened to the advice right from the start.

Last edited:

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
Because you want everything to be easy. The helicopters are quite handy later on when a few things have been upgraded. But you have to work at it to get there. The price of fuel is set that way to make you work for the benefit- if you are happy to stay watching the game, you’ll get lots of fuel at a good rate. If you want the convenience of going away and coming back later, you pay for the privilege.
There are certainly some things not worth doing, but it’s not always as simple as your cost analytics.
Helos were only a recent (in general) addition to the game after requests from players for something a bit different and providing a different sort of challenge. GI certainly delivered what was asked. Yes, it all appears expensive. Yes, it takes a lot of work. Yes, it’s going to take time. If you don’t have the patience or desire, don’t do it. Plenty of people enjoy the game without helos.
This game has been around for many years which is extremely rare for the type of platform it is. Millions of people play it. Quite a few have questioned the costs/workload. And yet I see the rate of people joining this forum is higher than I’ve seen in 3 years. It costs what it costs. Play the game, READ as much info in this forum as you can, and find ways to do things easier and cheaper (or at least discover why some things are simply worth it in the long run).
Bleating about the inconvenience isn’t going to endear anyone to help. Moaning that “it doesn’t make sense” is wasting your breath - I picked the first gripe here (fuel prices) and showed you why it does make sense.
When I started playing and joined this forum, like many others before and after me, I was doing my own thing, taking bits and pieces of advice here and there, often questioning some of the things I read and wanting to do it my own way. And that’s fine. Once I realised how little I understood the game and how certain milestones could inexplicably accelerate the game without realising it was happening, I wished I had listened to the advice right from the start.

I agree with everything you said. But, I still will not pay 1.2 million coins to repair Goldfinch Helos that only fly to 5 destinations. At least not at this point. Maybe some day. That still leaves me with 98% of the game to play. Some people do seem to forget that it is a game after all. Maybe a highly addictive game, but still a game. :)

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
I agree with everything you said. But, I still will not pay 1.2 million coins to repair Goldfinch Helos that only fly to 5 destinations. At least not at this point. Maybe some day. That still leaves me with 98% of the game to play. Some people do seem to forget that it is a game after all. Maybe a highly addictive game, but still a game. :)

you've just made a point, only 5 destinations indeed. And now I regret paying 1.2M haha

Top Bottom