Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Collectible items?

Been playing airport city for a week now and when it comes to the collections there is one thing that is confusing me.
There are items which are 'collectible items'. I have acquired 11 treadmills & 4 cupids but cannot find anything thats tells me when & how they can be used?

Any ideas?

Dave' pid='50' dateline='1335618823 said:
Theres only certain collectable items that convert into something useful.

Ive currently got 106 treadmills! The only thing they are good for is giving you extra coins and reputation.

Thanks Dave, disappointing that they don't do anything else other than that!

evelweevel' pid='51' dateline='1335620670 said:

Ive currently got 106 treadmills! The only thing they are good for is giving you extra coins and reputation.

Yeah I know, would make it a bit more fun rather then collecting just for the sake of it.

Dave' pid='52' dateline='1335623631 said:
evelweevel' pid='51' dateline='1335620670 said:

Yeah I know, would make it a bit more fun rather then collecting just for the sake of it.

I think it is an extra award earning reputation and coins. Because of that, it does not make any sense building special shops just to get some collectable items. But it is an extra for those who have already built the needed shops/buildings and want to play with that anyway.

If you click on the treadmills and other stuff, you see that it says it's required for the Global Pilot something or the other. I'm assuming that comes along as you advance later on in the game?

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
I've been playing for about 3 weeks and have collected 13 treadmills and 4 cupids so far. It's too bad they don't do anything special, but at least they give you coins and experience :)

I'm also receiving quite a lot of bags and suitcases, but unfortunately no sports bag so far :( In the Lost and Found collection I have 16 glasses and butterfly nets, but no books and phones. I've had jet guest planes flying in for about 5 days but nada, even though their frequency is 'seldom'. Which is odd, because the copy machine is a 'very seldom' item and I have 7 of those.. lol

Dee' pid='597' dateline='1336402331 said:
I've been playing for about 3 weeks and have collected 13 treadmills and 4 cupids so far. It's too bad they don't do anything special, but at least they give you coins and experience :)

I'm also receiving quite a lot of bags and suitcases, but unfortunately no sports bag so far :( In the Lost and Found collection I have 16 glasses and butterfly nets, but no books and phones. I've had jet guest planes flying in for about 5 days but nada, even though their frequency is 'seldom'. Which is odd, because the copy machine is a 'very seldom' item and I have 7 of those.. lol

Same here:
~60 treadmills and ~80 cupids here. A lot of bags and suitcases but no sports bag either. I have three phones, but just one book. With that goes 20-30 other items of that collection. Although I have guest planes landing all the time for weeks now...

And I am also proud owner of 7 copy machines.

I think the "seldom" does not match with the figures that are in the source code ;)

Dee

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04a6xuqcl
Username
Dee
I actually collected 3 more treadmills today and 2 Cupids, got both Cupids at the same time even. I collected money from the 4 shops that spit out candy and got an item from each one of them lol

I'm also still receiving numerous amounts of musical instruments, which seems quite pointless now that the rockfest mission is over.

I use This combination to generate 300 COINS + 140 EXPERIENCE
Gazebo, Sweetshop, Romantic Cafe, I bought Bridal salons as well but they aren't needed.
6 of each are allowed
not sure how often a single set would produce but I have 6 of each + 3 bridal salons
I built the groups about 5 min apart so they would pay out right after collecting the last group
These produce collectible items every 2nd or third visit
Collection for Dolce Vita (pg. 26) completes about every 15 to 20 min
I earn more exp and coins than I do from flights

Also Farmers market Produces Organic Menu collection
I have the max of 6 built 5 min apart
Collection completes about every 15 to 20 min

I use This combination to generate 300 COINS + 140 EXPERIENCE
Gazebo, Sweetshop, Romantic Cafe, I bought Bridal salons as well but they aren't needed.
6 of each are allowed
not sure how often a single set would produce but I have 6 of each + 3 bridal salons
I built the groups about 5 min apart so they would pay out right after collecting the last group
These produce collectible items every 2nd or third visit
Collection for Dolce Vita (pg. 26) completes about every 15 to 20 min
I earn more exp and coins than I do from flights

Also Farmers market Produces Organic Menu collection
I have the max of 6 built 5 min apart
Collection completes about every 15 to 20 min

Thanks for the tip, I have just bought more gazebos and sweet shops x

Coins and Experience are really important to me! 200 treadmills is 30,000 pts! every treadmill is 140 EXP! (missed the Rockfest 450,000 extra credits!)
If you weren't so lucky or have spent real money as I have this is really important!
After starting my Gazebo group I started really improving, usually 75000-100000 credits per day, made level 30 with todays 12000 EXP
didn't realize the points were racking up until recently. They just added a pop-up when you complete the collection so it is more obvious
started researching were the items in collections come from
Stayed on top of my Groups as they paid out in waves
Kind of cool as I select one set then the next appears etc..then my eateries pop up
(just got 2 more Dolce Vita Sweet as a broke to check, 600 pts, 240 Exp)
Thanks for listening!

My Farmers Market situation is odd!
I had 24 Farmers markets!
Don't know where they came from.
After expanding I set up my group of six (forgot to build them 10 minutes apart) so all six pay out every hour
These produce items for me often so I get the 300/140
still had 18 so I sold all but 2 for 520 each
Collections Rock!
Running Wild Collections also reward nicely with gift boxes with 3 or 4 flight items
from manors, large houses and smaller ones
these are also producing a few sets/hr
Haven't maxed out manors and other resi yet, just now realized I should
Go thru the collections list, hover over each item to see where it comes from and how much you earn
there are 34 pages
I'm going do do more research on it and maybe start a new thread
Gotta Go planes to land

oops Running wild pg.24 is the treadmill reward!
still a cash cow with 300/140
The Lost and found collection has the Gift set
i'm going to regroup, and max out manors,studios, etc. (only cottages don't have items drop all other resi's do)
sell all the paid for things that suck
(Sports shop, Has anyone ever gotten this supposed bag? 300+ hrs of play, nothin! 20+ of all other bags in collection)
(Donut shop, POS, thought 40 coins was a lot back then)
(Car Dealership, POS, except for mission, I've had it since they made me buy it early on, worthless! Throw it away! It's cheap if you do need it again)
(Pharmacy, Book shop, Seafood resturaunt etc? not sure, gonna check if they drop items, if not they're worthless)

(Sports shop, Has anyone ever gotten this supposed bag? 300+ hrs of play, nothin! 20+ of all other bags in collection)

I have gotten one bag within 2 weeks. It is really not that often :(

(Donut shop, POS, thought 40 coins was a lot back then)

I don't have one, because I have not bought any shop that needs green airport cash.

(Car Dealership, POS, except for mission, I've had it since they made me buy it early on, worthless! Throw it away! It's cheap if you do need it again)

The car dealership in my oppinion is the shop with the most profit when playing the game regular and often. Sure it does not give you special items, but the amount of coins is extraordinary when starting the game every 20 minutes or playing all the time.

Top Bottom