Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Cannot update

Pilot_MSC

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Pilot MSC
Game working fine.
When I go to neighbors I get that they are updated and I need to.
Went to update, updated other programs but Airport City wasnt listed.
Game still says I need to update.
Rebooted computer.
Update says I have no items to update.
Game still says my neighbors are updated and I am not.
Went to my neighbor who is my husband, sitting next to me, and his says he is updated. He, however, is having the same problem as I am...and when he visits me as a neighbor, he gets the same pop up of Neighbor updated.

Assuming we are not the only ones with this issue - any way to fix?

If worth anything:
2021-04-23-15-13-16.jpg

I agree with you on that. And they should NEVER have decided to prevent old versions from doing neighbor visits. In "Client/Server" development, you often have to keep backwards compatibility even if it is for a short period of time because some people might NOT be able to update. That's especially the case when relying on third parties your software. During games, this penalizes users unfairly.

GI should have had a back up plan in case Microsoft did not deliver in a timely manner and this can very short for time-sensative stuff such as events. GI probably should NEVER have done what they did for the 8.13 release around the same time as a Riding the Comet event.

That event is NOT merely an event but an integral part of some growth strategies. For it's me, it not about getting first place. It's other things including me trying to help my fellow alliance members as well as getting fuel for mapped destination runs. And yes, for me, Space Base and the other prize buildings are important.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r4ye2rh
Username
Coloradotaz
I have spent a lot of time and MONEY on this game, this glitch has me frustrated to the point of possibly no return. You guys need to get this fixed asap. I bought several icons, Friend in need, spyglass, and dice and cant use them to my advantage. I am tired of spending money on a game that lets me down at every turn.

I have spent a lot of time and MONEY on this game, this glitch has me frustrated to the point of possibly no return. You guys need to get this fixed asap. I bought several icons, Friend in need, spyglass, and dice and cant use them to my advantage. I am tired of spending money on a game that lets me down at every turn.
You know this is an unofficial fan forum don’t you? It’s ok for you to rant, just don’t use “you”. Use “them“ or “GI“.
At the bottom of each page you will find the link for GI official web page, and of course you always have the app FB page where you can appropriately use the “you” treatment 😉

this delay is completely disgusting. we all get used to glitches in almost every version of the game. But blocking us from visiting neighbors EVEN those who definitely haven’t updated yet? That’s a novelty and completely unacceptable.

And here's another thought, what if the Windows game is neighbors that the mobile users are depending upon. It has a knock on effect. You may have a mobile player that is depending me to provide them with Training Centers and maybe some other choice buildings. They might not be able to access my stuff because they have the newer version. And yes, we Windows users happen to be in the same alliances as the mobile users.

It is known that GI employees do read the forum so with that in mind use of the vocative is entirely appropriate. Lets not tell people what they can or cannot write.

P
just Don’t agree with you.

first because this is not GI forum . This forum are all of us. Without members, the forum do not exist. So his “you” is in fact “all of us”, you and me included.

second, because asking someone not to use a certain word, that don’t even change the whole idea, is not censorship. Censorship is about ideas.

third, (which, I know, it was not the case) because if people started here swearing or attacking others unnecessarily they would be warned and asked not to use that type of language (so, we can ask people not to use certain words or expressions)

Finally, I don’t think I treated him condescendingly, nor nastily, which in some way was implied in your words.

jack...

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04lhme8nz
Username
Jackie Case
And here's another thought, what if the Windows game is neighbors that the mobile users are depending upon. It has a knock on effect. You may have a mobile player that is depending me to provide them with Training Centers and maybe some other choice buildings. They might not be able to access my stuff because they have the newer version. And yes, we Windows users happen to be in the same alliances as the mobile users.
I am on Android. Yesterday, for my Windows neighbors, it would say that the neighbor needs to update. Today, they are just not in the neighbor list any more.

I am on Android. Yesterday, for my Windows neighbors, it would say that the neighbor needs to update. Today, they are just not in the neighbor list any more.
It's understand. But that has a cost because if you unfriended me, you might not be able to access things like my Trainings Centers or Planetariums.

Last edited:
Top Bottom