Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Bit of guidance missing from the Wiki

Device
  1. Android
Username
Grizzly aviator
Hi everyone.
Starting from level 0 now at level 57, I've engaged in all this year's events. The wiki is great for information about all the drops, buildings, level awards, and so forth - fantastic, huge amount of information, massively grateful to the people who put them together đź‘Ź There is, however, one key detail missing: the actions required for each task.

For many events, there are three levels of task: 180 tokens 3hrs, 400 tokens 20min, 1060 tokens 15min. But what kinds of tasks are needed? Send a flight? Receive an item drop? Build a building? Collect coins?

Key learning from previous event Celestial Festival: if you own a Jumbo plane (even if it's just in the hangar), you'll get tasks for it. So I sold my Jumbo and Eagle, and suddenly the tasks become far easier to complete with Ravens. The system recognised I didn't have Jumbos, and thus didn't give me tasks for Jumbos.

Key learning from the current event Dark Skies: tasks are dependent upon progress. I'm not sure whether it is number of days, number of story items completed, or some other metric, but my first few 1060 tasks were dependent on item drops, which were virtually impossible, yet still possible. Then, after I'd completed the story and all 41 levels of the event, this task kept repeating the same requirement over and over: visit 5 halloween shops. Must be hundreds of times now. Reflecting on past events, similar happened there too, it was only when I had a Spanish Egg and English Egg did the tasks add those to the roster.

My request to the wiki editors: if you are able to list the tasks required for each level for each event, that'd be fantastically useful. If I know there are repeated requests for visiting book stores or country houses, I'll build them. If I know I that after I've used the crystal ball to land ghost planes, if I hold onto those ghost planes on the tarmac for 20 minutes there's a chance I'll immediately complete the 'land 10 ghost planes' task without having to use a second crystal ball. Although it has been kinda fun learning as I go and adjusting my city to match, still it would be useful to know in advance if I have to spend two days building a vital building. I'm only asking for the moon-on-a-stick please 🌑:LOL:

My request to everybody: have you noticed any specific trends in when tasks appear? For me the Halloween shop task kept repeating after about 6 days. In Down the Rabbit Hole it kept asking for item drops until I had a bunch then it was all about landing flights. When does this happen? I assume it's different for each event depending on buildings and progress levels but does anyone have a general rule?

Thank you!

Hi everyone.
Starting from level 0 now at level 57, I've engaged in all this year's events. The wiki is great for information about all the drops, buildings, level awards, and so forth - fantastic, huge amount of information, massively grateful to the people who put them together đź‘Ź There is, however, one key detail missing: the actions required for each task.

For many events, there are three levels of task: 180 tokens 3hrs, 400 tokens 20min, 1060 tokens 15min. But what kinds of tasks are needed? Send a flight? Receive an item drop? Build a building? Collect coins?

Key learning from previous event Celestial Festival: if you own a Jumbo plane (even if it's just in the hangar), you'll get tasks for it. So I sold my Jumbo and Eagle, and suddenly the tasks become far easier to complete with Ravens. The system recognised I didn't have Jumbos, and thus didn't give me tasks for Jumbos.

Key learning from the current event Dark Skies: tasks are dependent upon progress. I'm not sure whether it is number of days, number of story items completed, or some other metric, but my first few 1060 tasks were dependent on item drops, which were virtually impossible, yet still possible. Then, after I'd completed the story and all 41 levels of the event, this task kept repeating the same requirement over and over: visit 5 halloween shops. Must be hundreds of times now. Reflecting on past events, similar happened there too, it was only when I had a Spanish Egg and English Egg did the tasks add those to the roster.

My request to the wiki editors: if you are able to list the tasks required for each level for each event, that'd be fantastically useful. If I know there are repeated requests for visiting book stores or country houses, I'll build them. If I know I that after I've used the crystal ball to land ghost planes, if I hold onto those ghost planes on the tarmac for 20 minutes there's a chance I'll immediately complete the 'land 10 ghost planes' task without having to use a second crystal ball. Although it has been kinda fun learning as I go and adjusting my city to match, still it would be useful to know in advance if I have to spend two days building a vital building. I'm only asking for the moon-on-a-stick please 🌑:LOL:

My request to everybody: have you noticed any specific trends in when tasks appear? For me the Halloween shop task kept repeating after about 6 days. In Down the Rabbit Hole it kept asking for item drops until I had a bunch then it was all about landing flights. When does this happen? I assume it's different for each event depending on buildings and progress levels but does anyone have a general rule?

Thank you!
The Wiki was created, and is maintained, solely to provide factual information regarding the game. There is no possible way we can list all tasks anyone will ever encounter, nor can we provide the best strategies for each event, because this will all depend on the individual aspects of each player's game. All strategies regarding game play are very personal depending upon each player's fleet and goals at the time. Advice regarding strategy for your game play and goals can be attained from threads for each event, including threads started by people asking for advice. If it is advice that you seek, I suggest starting a thread in which you may ask for advice regarding strategy for an event. People here will definitely respond with varying strategies and it always makes for a quite lively discussion :) .

Hi everyone.

Thank you!
Apart from what Jenn said, I would also prefer to not add the tasks for the following reasons

1. Each event has 3 sets of tasks (180, 400, 1060 points) and each set can have anywhere between 20 to 50 different tasks possible in it
2. There are 26 events and adding for all would be very difficult, also some events run on old style and some new so would make the pages very different
3. The main purpose of a game is to enjoy it and for this game is also to have a personal goal and strategy, giving every detail to the gamers removes the joy factor from the game (my opinion)
4. Tasks occurence is also different based on your fleet, flying pattern, level, etc so we cannot assure a fixed way tasks are put up for the players
5. The way tasks are given changes each time an event occurs

(Points 1, 2 are based on my opinion as a forum member and wiki editor, 3 is a opinion which I feel almost all players have, 4 and 5 are based on how game works)

As one of the original group who set up the wiki…. what you are asking for would entail a mountain of work…. by volunteers..it would need checking every event for changes… people doing the Wiki have day jobs, families and a life outside of the game. I doubt that GI themselves even keep a record of every combination of every possibility in every event.

Where would the fun and the unknown be?

Simply put, the wiki is not a walk-thru nor solutions guide. There are far too many permutations based upon any given city at a snapshot in time to detail.
For instance, if have building A, then 'xyz' else if don't have building A then 'abc' and so on for each possible task, for each event, etc. Would be a daunting effort and next to zero return on investment.

This is left to the user to decide, which involves strategy and acquired game knowledge either through play and/or this sites vast repository of discussion which has been saved over the 10+ years this game has existed. 🧙‍♂️

Last edited:

Funny Punch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047SU87V6
Username
Funny Punch
Hi everyone.

Thank you!
For me tasks in "down the rabbit hole" usually changed a bit after I claimed the prize (so did an 8th task and claimed reward).
I have a "Acrobatic" or "Aerobatic" Giant - but obviously due to my level I can't even use it. So game never asks for tasks with that. Unless you have "fly to X" task, you can finish it in a different way (it usually means bring something that game deemed you'd only have chance with like lvl 7 plane, but you can do it with any plane that has that item listed among possible drops). Though usually when you have said tasks, chances of the item dropping are supposed to increase. And that usually happened. It wasn't the best in "down the Rabbit Hole", but was there. But I'm almost certain it didn't work with "Dark Skies".

Top Bottom