Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Beware of playing on multiple PC's/laptops ...

Pejt

CheezLvr
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
047im5fii
Username
Pejt
I play the game on my PC and sometimes also on my laptop. Until this morning without problems. Yesterday evening I played on my laptop, this morning I started om my desktop. As usual I downloaded the data from the server. And disaster strikes. All progress of yesterday lost. Which data it downloaded I don't know, but from weeks ago. Lost at one mouse click upgrade mission control center, launching platform 3, the additionals I needed to build them, so also the 600.000 coins I needed, several bonuses I collected using the speedup option of the event, 4 greenies (and they are extra hard these days to collect).

I wrote a ticket about this, but colleague flyers, please take care using this option, there is still a bug.
The only thing that was not altered were my alliance flights, they were still there! Strange enough...... But everything that cost money, was lost......... Strange

Pejt

CheezLvr
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
047im5fii
Username
Pejt
this new link function doesn’t seem reliable yet.
i would stick to the traditional “play on just one device” until the link gets more reliable.

edited: resources (buildings, items, greenies, coins) are stored locally and synced from time to time. Alliance pax, once they count, they’re on server
When alliance pax are on the server, how can it then be that all my flights were actually there? When my buildings greenies, coins are stored locally, how did I loose them then?

Pejt

CheezLvr
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
047im5fii
Username
Pejt
Today I received a compensation, which is appreciated. But still expect to solve these kind of problems asap. better to not execute something new, before everything is thoroughly tested. maybe a Beta launch of new developments is an idea? In that way people know that they can expect problems, but its a good way of testing new developments! The development team could also consider beta testing with a small group of players

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04SAG2YYO
Username
Spectre-F20
I did the Link progress between android phone and PC when they announced it and since then havent been able to play on my phone at all. progress isnt synced at all and somehow on the mobile save all my neighbors got deleted and it removed me from the alliance. been able to play on PC fine so at least I can play somewhat but its been a month and still waiting for support to fix it.

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
I did the Link progress between android phone and PC when they announced it and since then havent been able to play on my phone at all. progress isnt synced at all and somehow on the mobile save all my neighbors got deleted and it removed me from the alliance. been able to play on PC fine so at least I can play somewhat but its been a month and still waiting for support to fix it.
I had exactly the same problem
GI eventually fixed it after a week of chasing them every day. All my neighbors suddenly re-appeared and I was back in the alliance. I did not need to do anything.
I did not lose any progress on the phone version, just all the gifts that I had pending.
so, not ideal, but could have been a lot more painful.

I had exactly the same problem
GI eventually fixed it after a week of chasing them every day. All my neighbors suddenly re-appeared and I was back in the alliance. I did not need to do anything.
I did not lose any progress on the phone version, just all the gifts that I had pending.
so, not ideal, but could have been a lot more painful.
The gifts have become an issue for almost all now, I see my gifts (150+) missing and after some time of playing with proper (completely stable) internet connection for 30 minutes, I see them again

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
this new link function doesn’t seem reliable yet.
i would stick to the traditional “play on just one device” until the link gets more reliable.

edited: resources (buildings, items, greenies, coins) are stored locally and synced from time to time. Alliance pax, once they count, they’re on server
I can't understand why GI is pushing its use even though is has so many bugs.

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
I can't understand why GI is pushing its use even though is has so many bugs.
I think it is to replace the Facebook version.
I read somewhere the Facebook version uses flash , which is going to stop working on browsers very soon now.
Not sure if there are many Facebook players on the forum who might be able to confirm ?

Hyperion1722

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04z32u99
Username
Hyperion1722
I was pretty sure FB AC had already be discontinued
So why force an app to push its use even though it is buggy? There is another issue on Android right now. I cannot figure out why GI cannot resolve persistent issues. I tried to restore my game and this happened.

Attachments

• 2_n.jpg
    2_n.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 55
Top Bottom