Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Better Airport Realism

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
It is apparent that Airport City is a Simulation - but it is far too easy. I suggest that in Version 8 GI should bring in the following realism features:
  • Air Traffic Controllers Strike - for those events that rely on you landing lots of "Guest Planes" your Air Traffic Controllers go on strike as soon as the event starts, unless you pay them 10 green cash per day to let Guest Planes land "C'est la vie monsiour." :LOL:
  • Pilots Strike. For when you activate that Vintage Weathervane bonus (i.e. peak travel time) and attempt flights to any UK based destination....... :ROFLMAO: Of course you can always buy them off with 500 silver tokens 🤣🤣🤣.
  • Delayed Flights. The more passengers you fly per day, the longer the flights take - there are always 2 passengers still sat in the lounge when the rest of the flight has boarded - delaying takeoff by 30 minutes. :rage:
  • Cheap flights - yes Budget Airlines are great. So let's introduce flights that increase passenger numbers and income from flights, and take less time to complete - the budget option. The downside? Zero experience from flights (👌), and no flight items or collectibles. 🤔
  • Save the planet. Yes fellow gamers, you are slowly, but surely destroying your Airport City, as your airport grows and expands. By the time you reach Level 61, trees are starting to die around your airport. You must plant more (10 green cash per tree) or lose 2% of passengers generated by you buildings every year. By Level 71, you must only use Tesla power plants to generate power, or passenger buildings start to disappear (rate of 1 building per week). By Level 81 you must develop a mass transit system powred by hydrogen (cost 2000 gold tokens), or you lose 10% of your passengers generated from your city. 😮😷
  • Aircraft Recall. You have just upgraded your fleet by buying 6 new Falcon aircraft. 4 weeks later they are all grounded due to a critical aircraft defect. You need to spend 500 gold and 2000 silver tokens to get the fleet back in the air - and then they can only carry 75% of normal PAX because of lack of passenger confidence in the aircraft (other aircraft not called Boeing can also be affected - 😈).

So come on GI - make my day - and lets see if you can upset even more players with your next major update! 👅

And maybe this thread will make me the most popular plaayer on this Forum..... NOT! 😜

No ways, I say!
Air Traffic Controllers Strike - for those events that rely on you landing lots of "Guest Planes" your Air Traffic Controllers go on strike as soon as the event starts, unless you pay them 10 green cash per day to let Guest Planes land "C'est la vie monsiour." :LOL:

I'm not paying 10 greens to land guest planes
Pilots Strike. For when you activate that Vintage Weathervane bonus (i.e. peak travel time) and attempt flights to any UK based destination....... :ROFLMAO: Of course you can always buy them off with 500 silver tokens 🤣🤣🤣.
VW looses it's worth
Cheap flights - yes Budget Airlines are great. So let's introduce flights that increase passenger numbers and income from flights, and take less time to complete - the budget option. The downside? Zero experience from flights (👌), and no flight items or collectibles. 🤔
Why fly your planes for nothing when the current status quo is based on getting next to nothing.
Save the planet. Yes fellow gamers, you are slowly, but surely destroying your Airport City, as your airport grows and expands. By the time you reach Level 61, trees are starting to die around your airport. You must plant more (10 green cash per tree) or lose 2% of passengers generated by you buildings every year. By Level 71, you must only use Tesla power plants to generate power, or passenger buildings start to disappear (rate of 1 building per week). By Level 81 you must develop a mass transit system powred by hydrogen (cost 2000 gold tokens), or you lose 10% of your passengers generated from your city. 😮😷
Those Tesla's must be 4 greens each.
Aircraft Recall. You have just upgraded your fleet by buying 6 new Falcon aircraft. 4 weeks later they are all grounded due to a critical aircraft defect. You need to spend 500 gold and 2000 silver tokens to get the fleet back in the air - and then they can only carry 75% of normal PAX because of lack of passenger confidence in the aircraft (other aircraft not called Boeing can also be affected - 😈).
Items for the water world collection must migrate to green launches.

No ways, I say!

VW looses it's worth

Why fly your planes for nothing when the current status quo is based on getting next to nothing.

I think he is having a dig at GI and having a joke.

Flight diversions where your destination is not the one you intended to land at, either weather initiated, or through human error (looking at you BA!).

Volcanic eruptions that close down all European destinations.

Replacement ferry service at weekends (one for the Brits there)

Rolling power outages reducing capacity by 50% for a set period.

The list of real world booby traps is potentially endless!

No ways, I say!

VW looses it's worth

C’mon @Teboho , by this time you should’ve known @andy8758 ‘s posts better! OF COURSE he’s joking 🙃 🤣🤣

It is apparent that Airport City is a Simulation - but it is far too easy. I suggest that in Version 8 GI should bring in the following realism features:
  • Air Traffic Controllers Strike - for those events that rely on you landing lots of "Guest Planes" your Air Traffic Controllers go on strike as soon as the event starts, unless you pay them 10 green cash per day to let Guest Planes land "C'est la vie monsiour." :LOL:
  • Pilots Strike. For when you activate that Vintage Weathervane bonus (i.e. peak travel time) and attempt flights to any UK based destination....... :ROFLMAO: Of course you can always buy them off with 500 silver tokens 🤣🤣🤣.
  • Delayed Flights. The more passengers you fly per day, the longer the flights take - there are always 2 passengers still sat in the lounge when the rest of the flight has boarded - delaying takeoff by 30 minutes. :rage:
  • Cheap flights - yes Budget Airlines are great. So let's introduce flights that increase passenger numbers and income from flights, and take less time to complete - the budget option. The downside? Zero experience from flights (👌), and no flight items or collectibles. 🤔
  • Save the planet. Yes fellow gamers, you are slowly, but surely destroying your Airport City, as your airport grows and expands. By the time you reach Level 61, trees are starting to die around your airport. You must plant more (10 green cash per tree) or lose 2% of passengers generated by you buildings every year. By Level 71, you must only use Tesla power plants to generate power, or passenger buildings start to disappear (rate of 1 building per week). By Level 81 you must develop a mass transit system powred by hydrogen (cost 2000 gold tokens), or you lose 10% of your passengers generated from your city. 😮😷
  • Aircraft Recall. You have just upgraded your fleet by buying 6 new Falcon aircraft. 4 weeks later they are all grounded due to a critical aircraft defect. You need to spend 500 gold and 2000 silver tokens to get the fleet back in the air - and then they can only carry 75% of normal PAX because of lack of passenger confidence in the aircraft (other aircraft not called Boeing can also be affected - 😈).

So come on GI - make my day - and lets see if you can upset even more players with your next major update! 👅

And maybe this thread will make me the most popular plaayer on this Forum..... NOT! 😜
@andy8758 please don’t give them ideas! 😂

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
G! execs are in a meeting as we speak reviewing @andy8758 post, I can imagine them drooling over these suggestions...

Lol my friend. The main joke was aimed at flying in Europe - I expect South Africa's airports are much better run than ours in the UK. Every summer when millions of Europeans fly to their holidays, we suffer strike action - French Air Traffic Controllers; British Airways Pilots; Spanish baggage handlers. Plus the queues - it can take over an hour to clear security before you fly, let alone the hour and a half it can take to clear Immigration and collect your baggage - and that is in the Open Border EU! I was looking at flights to Spain on Sunday morning - every single flight did not leave at it's scheduled time slot (the FlightRadar24 app is nearly as much fun as Airport City). And just when you look forward to your next flight - you find the roads are blocked by climate protestors from Extinction Rebellion.

Hey ho. :(

The secondary joke (or poking fun) is at GI's blatant protfiteering from our gameplay. I noticed that two of my historic reward buildings - Contemplation Palace and St Patrick's Cathedral - give 364 coins every 18 hours as well as 5% passenger bonus to surrounding houses. Bet we don't see that level of reward again. Last years Age of Ash reward building (Institute of Seismology) managed to give a 7% bonus to coinc generating buildings nearby as well as 126 coins every 8 hours (instead of 90 lol). This years Age of Ash reward is The Institute of Techtonic Geology - only a 5% bonus and 180 coins per day. Not too much blatant profiteering from GI. Or will version 7 improve the Reward Buildings from Events in future? 🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom