Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Best way for me to lower my population

After some advice on what you think the best way would be to lower my population.

I did try giving it a go, but to get it down to a level where I can start building new buildings, I have to literally get rid of all my shops and a lot of my houses. Ive got quite a few reward buildings with a good coin/time ratio, so would ideally like to keep those.

Any help appreciated :)

Screenshot_2014-12-28-16-12-21.jpg

Screenshot_2014-12-28-16-12-35.jpg

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
@Dave I had same problem, and i demolished about half of city. But that is "the way of the game", so once you need to start it.

Depends, what is important for you. Of course, you need to be balanced with income of coins/passengers, so it is good to demolish some buildings that produces coins and some that produces passenger.

I would keep all quest buildings, then would go down with all stadiums (you have them 9. 20 population each, you can go down for 180. Each brings you 125 coins/8h, so better to keer buldings, that brings you more money menawhile (Farmers Market - 24 pop each, but 57 coins/every hour; or Bowling Alley it is also good).

Then try to be balanced with other Population Building and "Bringing Coins Buildings", you need to go down so far, that you will come under 860, that is your limit now.

Try to do Red Launches, escecially with those who using QL (@Robby Kusuma is HUGE help for many of us here) and try to build one or more Big Hotels (300 silver tokens eack, but increase your city population for 300!) I had that problem on support account, now i have 2 Big Hotels there, all works fine.

Try! It is hard to see, that you will loose half of city. It is a strategy.... GI's strategy ;)

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
And, buildings bought with notes don't need population,
and in the past there was a bug where you could demolish, then rebuild everything at once. buildings started to count after finishing the building. That was a temporary solution and I think they fixed it.

Do you need so many passenger buildings? You mainly need a lot of passengers for doing 6 hour map destinations, these are good to do as the prize is a building that adds 50 pop but it's probably easier and quicker to save 300 silvers as mentioned above. Buying stone castles and villas for greenies can replace a lot of passenger buildings for now but that obviously takes time and/or real money. Get rid of 24 hour cash buildings unless they were from a quest, you'll soon get the idea and run out of space again as most of us have already. Have a look at other peoples cities, tbh coin generation becomes less important as you go on because red launches and collections give 50-100000 a day. Although some of the newer buildings do cost a lot but it would take forever with just coins from your city.

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
Sent u the gift for ur mission control:) yea I see what @GT said... scrap all the buildings that can be bought easily like ur mansons, manors, side wings, cottages and maybe that sports shop.... when ur ready to launch red , I will use my QL's to help u get the tokens for the grand hotel:) city looks great brother:)

Thank you for all your help, really appreciated. If I list what I have, could you advise me the best ones to get rid of please.

Houses
6 x Mansion - +18/1 hour
3 x Brazilian Villa - +24/4 hours
6 x Brazilian Cottage - +6/1 hour
3 x House with pool - +12/20 minutes
5 x Studio - +36/8hours
1 x Merry go round - +20/24 hours
3 x Side wing - +2/5 minutes
4 x Cottage - +1/2 minutes
6 x Manor - +9/15 minutes
1 x Country House - +24/4 hours

Shops

9 x Stadium - 125/8 hours - Recommended to get rid of by @Gt city
6 x Bowling Alley - 58/1 hour
6 x Festival Camping - 36/20 minutes (Quest reward)
4 x Farmers Market - 57/1 hour (Quest reward)
1 x Sports Shop - 180/24 hours
1 x Five Star Hotel - 158/18 hours
1 x Hotel - 57/1 hour
3 x Gift Shop - 11/15 minutes
1 x Halloween Shop - 19/1 hour
1 x Newspaper building - 40/8 hours
2x Retro Movie Theater - 156/18 hours
2 x Rock Shop = 38/1 hour (Quest reward)
Several Flower/Burger/Sea food/Grocery/Sweet/Book shops

Personally I'd get rid of side wings, cottages, studios and mansions on passenger front as they are cheap to put back if/when you need them, manor too depending on needs and if you can buy stone castles etc gradually. I presume you need to lower population right now to get on with the Santa quest but at a fairly early stage in the game as you are you want to keep coin producing buildings. If you play hourly then bowling alleys, pharmacies and other 1 hour buildings are the best to keep. I used to have loads of stadiums but now only two, got dozens in storage. Sport shop, five star hotel aren't necessary really especially if you can replace them with faster producing buildings for now.

Oh and I'd prioritize getting able to launch lunar missions as first prize is 20000 so get launch pads built and mission control upgraded.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I check my game every hour or so, so I focus on residential and commercial buildings that give passengers/coins every hour. I avoid buildings that give out every one or two days, like the Round House, Tower Building, Loft, Apartment Hotel, Condominium, Sports Shop, Movie Theater, Travel Agency, Unique Gifts, Aviation Museum, Exhibition Center, Water Park, Private School and Courthouse. Those buildings are fine if you only check in every day or so.
The best residential buildings to keep, in my opinion, are Multi-Story Building (+56 every four hours) and Modular House (+67 every six hours). If you don't mind spending greenies, Stone Castle (+36 every hour) is the best.
Also, earning buildings that increase population max through quests has been my strategy for quite a while. Here's a link to the thread that lists those buildings:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/ind...-increase-maximum-population-passengers.5019/
Cheers,
Tom

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
The real way out of this mess is to buy a grand hotel, or actually even 2. This will increase yr population with 300 per hotel. Basically all the high level players have done this. Of course getting 600 silver tokens via space flights will take a looong time. I bought 1 grand hotel at the time with my own money to keep my city going and saved the other 300 tokens with space flights.

Grand hotel is a good solution, but it does not give you any benefit. I rather prefer the way as Tom has described. I personally got rid off of quest reward buildings with 4h cycle (despite of 20 bonus to population), I prefer the 50 bonus from the special buildings (aztec pyramids, etc.) as the collectible items helps me to get sky captain and business class bonus. I even dropped all multi-story building and bought 6x modular house and 6x appartment house, which gives me for the same area much much more passengers per day.

Top Bottom